Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Answers to Unanswerable Questions By Swami S

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 15, 2008
      Aideen,
      I I agree completely
      I often wondered what the origin of war is, It seems
      that we and our closest cousins the Chimps are the few
      animals that wage war for territory, The question is
      is it Instict on a hard wired evolutionary sense or is
      it instinct on a softer social evolutionary sense.
      Did it serve a genuine survival purpose or not, I
      could go on for hours pondering WAR. There is a
      common mythology of a golden time when humanity was in
      sync. And most have a sort of FALL from grace as it
      were. AS Jesus said the kingdom of heaven if upon
      you. So it is as you said percieving the Eden we
      dwell in and I supose when we lift our blinders there
      will no longer be any conflict. But before I can fully
      understand a world at peace I have to overcome the
      urge to drop an obnox on the seat of his pants.
      Please excuse the typos
      I have a new computer I am learning to navigate

      --- medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > "Aideen McKenna" <aideenmck@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Or maybe the world is perfect & we mistakenly
      > perceive it as crappy because we can't see the
      > big picture? The ancient Hebrews thought there
      > was once a Garden of Eden i.e. a Golden Age before
      > their time. Don't people always tend to think that
      > "things used to be better back when"? Jane Goodall
      > was
      > saddened to see that after many years of living
      > with and studying apes, she was witness to an
      > all-out war between two large groups who apparently
      > perceived themselves as distinct tribes.
      > She would not have believed it possible unless
      > she'd seen it with her own eyes. It wasn't a sudden
      > flare-up of anger, it was a real war, involving
      > preparation. Maybe there's an evolutionary step
      > happening in that forest?
      > >
      > > Just my turn to think out loud, Sean.
      > >
      > > Aideen
      > >
      > Yo Aideen,
      > I hadn't heard about the "war" and would like to
      > know
      > more about it. If you could point to a site where
      > it's
      > discussed, I'd appreciate it. As you point out,
      > maybe this
      > is an evolutionary event we're witnessing. Perhaps
      > soon
      > we may also see humans evolve past the "war" stage.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob _____
      > >
      > > From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com

      "mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com"meditationsocietyof-ame

      "http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8H
      > > DtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20"Try it now.

      > > Checked by AVG.
      > Release Date: 3/11/08