RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Answers to Unanswerable Questions By Swami S

  • Aideen McKenna
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 14 5:57 PM

      I found this just now – not as large a slaughter as I remembered from the 1970s, but enough, & it went on for 4 years, which I’d forgotten.

      http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/origins/goodall.html

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 14 8:06 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Aideen McKenna"

        "http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/origins/goodall.html"htt
        > p://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/origins/goodall.html

        Amazing! I had no idea that chimps had the potential
        to be just as savage as we are. I don't want to be
        judgmental, but (unfortunately?!) they still have a long
        way to go until they match what goes on in Philly
        every day! And that's why the need to get Meditation
        In Education, is the #1 hope and project of the Meditation
        Society of America.
        > _____

        3/11/08
        > > 1:41 PM

        > > Checked by AVG.
        3/11/08
        > > 1:41 PM

        > Checked by AVG.
        > 1:41 PM

        > Checked by AVG.
        > 1:41 PM

      • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 14 8:53 PM
          One must find out who he is, before he enquires about God and the world - Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi
          ________________________________

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 15 9:10 AM
            Aideen,
            I I agree completely
            I often wondered what the origin of war is, It seems
            that we and our closest cousins the Chimps are the few
            animals that wage war for territory, The question is
            is it Instict on a hard wired evolutionary sense or is
            it instinct on a softer social evolutionary sense.
            Did it serve a genuine survival purpose or not, I
            could go on for hours pondering WAR. There is a
            common mythology of a golden time when humanity was in
            sync. And most have a sort of FALL from grace as it
            were. AS Jesus said the kingdom of heaven if upon
            you. So it is as you said percieving the Eden we
            dwell in and I supose when we lift our blinders there
            will no longer be any conflict. But before I can fully
            understand a world at peace I have to overcome the
            urge to drop an obnox on the seat of his pants.
            Please excuse the typos
            I have a new computer I am learning to navigate

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?