One of the Most Functional Things Meditation Brings

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
      The ability to not rehash the past
      or "suppose" about the future.
    • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
        Yes. That is right. One has to live in the present. Be a watcher of what happens. Do not participate. That is the presence of "NOW".
        ________________________________
        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        > From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:58:25 +0000
        > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] One of the Most Functional Things Meditation Brings
        >

        > The ability to not rehash the past
        > or "suppose" about the future.

        Tried the new MSN Messenger? It’s cool! Download now.
        http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
          replacement and replacement and replacement..........
          replacing and replacing and replacing................
          replace and replace and replace......................
          regards

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > The ability to not rehash the past
          > or "suppose" about the future.

        • WestWindWood
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008
            While meditating, I find I am always in the present bringing up what is me into my consciousness; however, enlightenment found in meditation brings with it the mandate of change to become a better person.  From the wisdom found in enlightenment comes the imperative knowledge of how to change, and change is something in the future to strive for.

            About being a watcher, not participating, that can also be a condition of meditation.  A watcher observes the nature of ones personality surface into consciousness, while not participating just means the intellect does not grab onto the material that is surfacing and try to think it out.  The thing to do is just let what surfaces concentrate into an understandable issue that needs instruction from the enlightened condition, which is the last step in a meditation session.