Re: Gender Differences Found In Forgiveness

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
      From the swayambar pandal Bhishma took away Amba,Ambika and Ambalika
      for getting them married to his step brothers Chitrangada and
      Bichitraveerya. Amba said that she already loved king Shalwa. So
      with full dignity Bhishma sent her to Shalwa. Shalwa refused to
      marry her. So she came back and asked Bhishma to marry her. Bhishma
      said that on oath he was a celebate. So he would not marry. Then she
      went to the Ashram of her maternal grand father to seek help. Her
      maternal grand father expressed his inability. Suddenly Parasuram,
      the guru of Bhishma appeared there. Listening the story he went to
      Bhishma and asked him to marry her. Bhishma declined. So Parsuram
      asked to be ready for a war. The war between Bhishma and Parasuram
      went for 23 days. On 23rd day he got a mantra in dream to get
      Praswap arrow which would kill Parasuram.

      On the next day in the battlefield Bhishma reverberated the mantra
      and got Praswap arrow. While going to use it, Narad was seen in the
      sky to stop Bhishma from using the arrow. So Bhishma requested Narad
      to ask Parasuram to pull back. So Parasuram pulled back on the
      request of Narad. He came back and told to Amba that he was help

      Amba in turn did tapadya for 3 births to get the power to kill
      Bhishma. In her third birth she became Shikhandini and became the
      cause of the fall of Bhishma in Mahabharat war but not the killer.

      Now there are plenty Ambas and plenty Parasurams too. How to
      become sure that these researchers are not Parasurams?