To J

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 2, 2008
      Dear J,Since when I read this condition of yours somehow you
      occupied my mind. In your latest post when you asked for simulated
      dreams/translogical exercises, I thought that these are no good for
      you as I initiate these exercises just for freshers into the field.
      Then what do I give to you?

      Please go to "google alert".Fill in "human neuroplasticity". You
      will get every information on human neuroplasticity in your E-mail
      ID. Some are trash. Some are just commercial. But you will get great
      ideas befitting to you too. I will be happy to hear about the great
      ideas you get.
      Good luck.
      regards

      > "this is an interesting thread.
      >
      > I have done yoga, of and on, mostly off, for over 30 years.
      >
      > I suffered a severe back injury 10 years ago. I ruptured 3 discs
      in
      > my back simultaneously. My spine was severely bent at about a 25
      > degree angle at the thoracic junction. I was in constant pain for
      many
      > years. The doctors told me they could put a "broomstick" up my
      back
      > or I could deal with the pain and "let nature take it's course".
      They
      > also told me my spine would heal "fused" and I would "never" get
      the
      > 25 degree scolosis "curve" out of my back that it would be forever
      be
      > part of my "posture".
      >
      > Now 10 years later, there is no abnormal lateral curve in my
      spine. I
      > can touch the floor in front of me with the bottom knuckles of the
      > backs of my hands and even flatten them for temporary stretching.
      I do
      > not do full yoga workouts, but I stretch my back and relieve the
      > deformed areas of my spine. I have a good doctor who encourages my
      > mental and physical disciplines I utilize to deal with disabilities
      > and former injuries. I also use an "inversion table" which
      allows me
      > to stretch "upside down" at various angles. The curve left my
      > thoracic nd lumbar spine without this equipment though. It was
      done
      > through breathing and stretching, up to three hours a day, and
      > meditating twice a day up to two hours a day.
      >
      > I believe all we need to heal chronic health conditions is in our
      > minds and our bodies, though strong nutrition and a healthy diet
      with
      > locally grown organic produce, herbs, and greens, important as
      well.

      > I believe 90 percent of your health is in your mind, and strong
      > positive healing energy is sustainable by the thoughts you think
      and
      > how you breathe every breath you take. I also believe the purer
      the
      > water one drinks. the better one's health will be. I also believe
      > meditating in outdoor wooded settings is beneficial as well.
      >

      > just some thoughts and practices, that have been helpful for
      myself.

      > namaste"

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 2, 2008