Re: What is Your Meditation Like

  • J
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      so you must tell us what these exercises are !

      "simulated dreams/translogical exercises"

      sounds very interesting ! please do go on !

      I should add, I had a profound experience in meditation today.

      I decided to do some mid morning and wound up awakening two to three
      hours later. I fell into some trance dream, very intense, colorful,
      joyful. when I came out of it I was filled with pleasure and joy, it
      did not feel like I had been asleep, like a further journey perhaps,
      but I was most renewed and rested. I have no conscious memory of WHAT
      happened, just the feeling of peace and joy,
      it was so profound, and with me the whole day.

      namaste

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > meditation,
      > > > and there is less room for the unconscious desires that are
      > mucking
      > > > up my life to come forth for resolution. There are other
      > altered
      > > > states for comparison. In a state of sexual passion, the
      > > > intellectual mind shuts down and a lot of feelings come forth
      > and at
      > > > a peak even feelings seem to shut down, but what happens is much
      > more
      > > > intense that meditation, and maybe a baby is created into a
      > loving
      > > > home. There are drugs that bring forth visions, such as LSD,
      > > > opiates, or alcohol addiction hallucinations (well, I never
      > > > experienced that), but there is no single subject that flows
      > forth
      > > > into awareness and evolves towards recognition with drug-induced
      > > > visions. Sleep brings dreams, and this is much more intense than
      > > > meditation, and if the subject matter of a dream is deliberately
      > > > remembered while meditating, the feeling brought forth is much
      > more
      > > > intense that what is normally experienced in meditation.
      > > >
      > > > It seems for me that meditation only brings up as much as can be
      > > > dealt with and after meditating for about 45 minutes the issue
      > or
      > > > subject that came up in meditation resolves into a single clear
      > > > awareness of the problem. Now enlightenment when it first is
      > > > revealed to a person is much more intense than any above
      > mentioned
      > > > altered states and from enlightenment flows a wisdom not of ones
      > own
      > > > nature about what to do with the issue that came to clarity
      > while
      > > > meditating for 45 minutes. If a person follows what that wisdom
      > > > tells them to do, the person eventually evolves towards what
      > > > enlightenment wisdom is and after lifetimes merges into it.
      > > >
      > > Yo Westwind,
      > > I resonate with much of what you are sharing
      > > and recognize some things that we differ about,
      > > such as the statements about dreams being "much
      > > more intense than meditation". But I think we
      > > may just have different things in mind when we
      > > use the terms we do that are meant to describe
      > > various states of consciousness. For instance,
      > > to answer 'What Meditation Is Like For Me', I feel
      > > that before meditation became an ongoing part of
      > > my life, I was in a dream-like state even when I
      > > was "awake". And nothing in that level of consciousness
      > > was really clear or "Real", much like a fetus cannot
      > > be said to be appreciating the full experience of
      > > life as a human. And with meditation, just as the new-born
      > > child can see, hear, taste, smell, and feel in
      > > a way that never was known before, the adult in
      > > us can relate to Reality in ways never before possible.
      > > In any event, I enjoy what you share and it points
      > > to beneficial concepts that are well worth

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
        Thanks. May be as your experience shows you do not need. However, I
        will post it.
        regards