Re: What is Your Meditation Like

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      It depends. Whether meditation is like DWCL(Daily Wager Casual
      Labourer)OR like DWCL(Daily Wager Continuous Labourer).
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J"

      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
> [...]
      > nightmare about being attacked, pursued by three individuals
      > oddly like those assaulters. This was about the time I started
      > getting into dream journaling and became conscious in my dreams
      that I
      > was "dreaming" and could control those dreams, also known as "lucid
      > dreaming".
      >
      > During one "lucid" moment, in a dream, when I was actually able to
      > stay asleep while being in full awareness of my dreamstate, I put a
      > hand forth, into the face of an old man walking across a rope
      bridge
      > towards me in some huge primeval bottomless gorge. Following my
      hand,
      > I tumbled forth, into this "old man" through space and mists and
      times
      > and ended up in what felt like some ancient civilization, sitting
      in a
      > meditation pose with a "teacher" sitting in front of me.
      >
      > If meditation has taught me one thing, it is that "reality" is a
      > highly dynamic quantity and like anything "in time", it is
      continually
      > changing, reflecting, creating and destroying life, like there is
      no
      > creating and destroying, only life in spirit and spirit in life,
      > constantly morphing, flowing, creating and recreating.
      >
      > I have had some truly profound and "psychic" experiences as the
      result
      > of the "dream waking" state. The level I have reached, while just
      > "resting" a few times, not "trying" to reach any state. That's a
      whole
      > nother story though ! 8)
      >
      > I have had some profoundly pleasurable and frightening experiences
      in
      > meditation this year. Really this year is the only time I have
      > dedicated myself to twice daily meditation and I think other
      > experiences in life have led me to some really deep substantive
      > mediations. I have seen some incredible vistas. collages of shapes,
      > forms, colors. Faces of people like they are standing right in
      front
      > of me. I do not know who any of these people I have seen are. I
      have
      > known all kinds of physical sensations while meditating, some
      painful.
      > I've gone through what I could only consider to be "healing".
      >
      > In these scant two months I have been meditating daily I have
      noticed
      > a greater feeling of power over my body or perhaps unity IN my
      body. I
      > have been able to reduce and in some cases totally cease chronic
      pain
      > I think a lot of this comes from yogic exercises in relaxing
      various
      > parts of my body. My thinking has changed. There is not so
      much "mind
      > chatter" going on before I do somethings. It's like
      I "intuitively" do
      > things or think of answers to problems without "thinking". I've
      only
      > tasted these benefits and I'm hungry for more. You know how it is
      with
      > this though, you can't "hunger" for it. You just have to let it be.
      > Which of course is much easier than it sounds, or is it ? 8)
      >
      > I wrote the following after, what I would call, my first
      experience in
      > this deeper, more fulfilling meditation as "journey":
      >

      > <i>January 8, 2008
      >
      > Today, midway on my walk , I sat on the picnic bench in the park
      > to meditate. I entered a warm and lucid state, like the soft
      > core in a total and engulfing sphere. With my eyes shut, all
      > the sounds surrounding, changing, interweaving, with tens of
      > thousands of voices coming from the torrents and trickling
      > of the creek forty feet in front of me. They changed and
      > morphed into one another, always in harmony, always imperfect
      > yet pure, as we too could be. When I gently awoke, there was a
      > beautiful woman, like some sweet revelation,
      > walking by on the otherside.
      >
      > After some alternate breathing exercises, I struck out,
      > fresh and renewed, on the trail I often take. An old
      > rotted oak had fallen by the trails head, and I thought,
      > "This is how all living things must die, from the inside out
      > not from the outside in." Then I thought how all living
      > things are spherical in nature, trillions upon trillions
      > of spheres, of every form and size, vibrating together,
      > making one huge sphere, The Earth. Then on and on,
      > planets, solar systems, and galaxies, on into infinity,
      > never point A to B, rather round and round and round.
      >
      > On my way out of the woods, I slipped on a muddy bank.
      > I grasped the branch of an oak sapling, wiping off the
      > mud on my hands on it's dead leaves. I thought,
      > "This is how I must touch all things, with ease, gently."</i>
      >

      > peace

    • J
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
        so you must tell us what these exercises are !

        "simulated dreams/translogical exercises"

        sounds very interesting ! please do go on !

        I should add, I had a profound experience in meditation today.

        I decided to do some mid morning and wound up awakening two to three
        hours later. I fell into some trance dream, very intense, colorful,
        joyful. when I came out of it I was filled with pleasure and joy, it
        did not feel like I had been asleep, like a further journey perhaps,
        but I was most renewed and rested. I have no conscious memory of WHAT
        happened, just the feeling of peace and joy,
        it was so profound, and with me the whole day.

        namaste

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
        <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > such as the statements about dreams being "much
        > > more intense than meditation". But I think we
        > > may just have different things in mind when we
        > > use the terms we do that are meant to describe
        > > various states of consciousness. For instance,
        > > to answer 'What Meditation Is Like For Me', I feel
        > > that before meditation became an ongoing part of
        > > my life, I was in a dream-like state even when I
        > > was "awake". And nothing in that level of consciousness
        > > was really clear or "Real", much like a fetus cannot
        > > be said to be appreciating the full experience of
        > > life as a human. And with meditation, just as the new-born
        > > child can see, hear, taste, smell, and feel in
        > > a way that never was known before, the adult in
        > > us can relate to Reality in ways never before possible.
        > > In any event, I enjoy what you share and it points
        > > to beneficial concepts that are well worth

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
          Thanks. May be as your experience shows you do not need. However, I
          will post it.