RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
      I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:
      Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

      Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
      regards

      <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

      > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
      Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
      are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
      real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
      blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
      I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
      go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
      cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
      else.
      > Sean
      >
      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
      > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
      > > regards
      > >
      > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
      > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
      > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
      > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
      > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
      > seems to me that it is as if people think
      > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
      > all the time in the world to stop suffering
      > causing actions and to replace them with
      > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
      > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
      > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
      > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
      > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
      > Peace and blessings.
      > Bob
      >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
      > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      > > > The Mullah answered:
      > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
      > > >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!

    • westwindwood2003
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
        My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
        frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
        God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
        enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
        out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
        what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
        comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
        get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
        enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
        experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
        again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
        actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
        come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
        personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
        have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
        back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
        up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
        that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
        do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
        help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
        enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
        my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
        <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

        > Dear John,
        >
        > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
        the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
        once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
        does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
        is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
        God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
        once, with perfect planning.

        > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
        that God does, and complains about it.

        > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
        terrible.

        > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
        that is written in every man's heart.

        > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
        matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

        > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
        perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
        serve God.

        > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
        what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
        you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
        need.

        > That is what I notice.
        >
        > What do you think.
        > Your Friend,
        > Greg
        >
        > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
        > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
        eventually find out God's intention.

        > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
        > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
        >
        > Who does know the intention of God?
        > regards
        >
        > --- In
        > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
        > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

        > medit8ionsociety
        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > > The Mullah answered:
        > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
        > > >
        > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
        > just
        > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
        > >

        > ---------------------------------

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
          Very beautiful account.

          <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
          you
          > need.
          > >
          > > That is what I notice.
          > >
          > > What do you think.
          > > Your Friend,
          > > Greg
          > >
          > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
          > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
          > eventually find out God's intention.
          > >
          > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
          > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
          > >
          > > Who does know the intention of God?
          > > regards
          > >
          > > --- In
          > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
          > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

          > > medit8ionsociety

          > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
          You
          > > just
          > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

        • westwindwood2003
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
            Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
            meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
            meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
            problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

            One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
            that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
            as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

            Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

            I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

            Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
            into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

            What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
            get out of chores?

            Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
            to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
            with no resolution possible.

            I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
            are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
            meditators, for example just look at the Internet

            When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
            ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
            the change.

            Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
            will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
            change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

            It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
            enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

            Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
            about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

            I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
            will find me a lot easier to be with.

            Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

            Dreams will not bother me

            Anything in life can be dealt with

            I will be a benefit to others

            Life will get better for me

            Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
            enlightenment process
          • sean tremblay

              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                up
                > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                >

                > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                something
                > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                else
                > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                >
                > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                >
                > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                >
                > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                >
                > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                > get out of chores?
                >
                > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                about
                > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                > with no resolution possible.
                >
                > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                on
                > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                >
                > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                driven
                > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                > the change.
                >
                > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                >
                > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                just
                > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                lifetime.

                > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                of
                > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                >
                > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                >
                > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                >
                > Dreams will not bother me
                >
                > Anything in life can be dealt with
                >
                > I will be a benefit to others
                >
                > Life will get better for me
                >
                > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                > enlightenment process

              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                  Sean -

                  While I am not an advocate
                  of devotion to any one teacher,
                  I do feel that a teacher who
                  "appears" on your path with
                  teachings that resonate as
                  attractive and compelling
                  can be valuable.

                  A teacher who can speak authentically
                  about their own experiences (which
                  is the only premise for authenticity
                  and the only platform for teaching)
                  can inspire the student to believe in,
                  expect, and move forward toward
                  their greater potential and/or their
                  desire for accomplishment - from
                  anything from quitting smoking to
                  finding peace of mind.

                  Meditation, as you wrote, is
                  easy and natural, but the mindset
                  approaching meditation, and the
                  nuances of "techniques" can
                  make the difference between
                  a quiet time of relaxation and
                  the opening of a new door
                  of perception.

                  Best,

                  Jeff

                  <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                  > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                  we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                  personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                  around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                  personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                  someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                  falls short of my potential.

                  > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                  all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                  > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                  > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                  > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                  >
                  > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                  something
                  > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                  > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                  >
                  > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                  >
                  > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                  >
                  > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                  > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                  >
                  > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                  > get out of chores?
                  >
                  > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                  about
                  > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                  > with no resolution possible.
                  >
                  > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                  > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                  on
                  > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                  >
                  > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                  > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                  > the change.
                  >
                  > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                  > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                  > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                  >
                  > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                  just
                  > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                  lifetime.

                  > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                  of
                  > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                  >
                  > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                  > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                  >
                  > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                  >
                  > Dreams will not bother me
                  >
                  > Anything in life can be dealt with
                  >
                  > I will be a benefit to others
                  >
                  > Life will get better for me
                  >
                  > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                  > enlightenment process
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------
                  Try it now.

                • Jeff Belyea
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                    To highlight one of the problems
                    or resistances to truly entering
                    meditation, it is important to
                    recognize that a language barrier
                    also exists.

                    When "problems" are listed as
                    preparation for meditation, the
                    words do not resonate at the
                    same depth for a beginning, or
                    even experienced meditator, as
                    they do for those who have
                    been graced with crossing the
                    threshold of enlightenment.

                    For example, the mention of
                    sufering when encountering
                    the giving up of ego attachments
                    - this feels like certain "death"
                    when reached in full technocolor.

                    Only the truly committed or
                    truly desperate - those who
                    are wiling to risk death -
                    will take on this one. It is
                    the turning back point for many
                    dabblers in meditation.

                    In essence, there is no possible
                    preparation for what is experienced
                    in depth meditation. It is beyond
                    words or description. It cannot
                    really be "sought" in any real
                    sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                    the manner in which it presents
                    is startling, and in no way
                    resembles any preconceived notion.
                    The linear mind cannot anticipate
                    or grasp the experience - yet, it
                    delights in the result.

                    <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                    > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                    > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                    > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                    > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                    >

                    > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                    something
                    > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                    > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                    >
                    > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                    >
                    > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                    >
                    > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                    > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                    >
                    > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                    > get out of chores?
                    >
                    > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                    about
                    > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                    > with no resolution possible.
                    >
                    > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                    > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                    on
                    > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                    >
                    > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                    > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                    > the change.
                    >
                    > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                    > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                    > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                    >
                    > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                    just
                    > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                    lifetime.

                    > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                    of
                    > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                    >
                    > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                    > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                    >
                    > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                    >
                    > Dreams will not bother me
                    >
                    > Anything in life can be dealt with
                    >
                    > I will be a benefit to others
                    >
                    > Life will get better for me
                    >
                    > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                    > enlightenment process

                  • sean tremblay
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                      Agreed,
                      Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                      <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                      > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                      we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                      personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                      around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                      personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                      someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                      falls short of my potential.

                      > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                      all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                      > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                      > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                      > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                      >
                      > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                      something
                      > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                      > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                      >
                      > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                      >
                      > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                      >
                      > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                      > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                      >
                      > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                      > get out of chores?
                      >
                      > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                      about
                      > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                      > with no resolution possible.
                      >
                      > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                      > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                      on
                      > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                      >
                      > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                      > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                      > the change.
                      >
                      > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                      > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                      > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                      >
                      > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                      just
                      > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                      lifetime.

                      > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                      of
                      > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                      >
                      > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                      > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                      >
                      > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                      >
                      > Dreams will not bother me
                      >
                      > Anything in life can be dealt with
                      >
                      > I will be a benefit to others
                      >
                      > Life will get better for me
                      >
                      > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                      > enlightenment process
                      >

                      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                      Try it now.

                    • Jeff Belyea
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                        Great. You know where to
                        draw the line.
                        Nice roster of teachers.
                        Obviously, you also know
                        where to look for authenticity.

                        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                        > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                        > >
                        > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                        > just
                        > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                        > lifetime.
                        > >
                        > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                        > of
                        > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                        > >
                        > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                        > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                        > >
                        > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                        > >
                        > > Dreams will not bother me
                        > >
                        > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                        > >
                        > > I will be a benefit to others
                        > >
                        > > Life will get better for me
                        > >
                        > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                        Search.