Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
      Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

      Gregory Hoffman <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:
      Dear John,

      What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

      The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

      But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

      The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

      Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

      And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

      If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

      That is what I notice.

      What do you think.
      Your Friend,
      Greg

      John Balch <westwindwood2003@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

      jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      "You just
      do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation. "

      Who does know the intention of God?
      regards

      --- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "westwindwood2003"
      <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      medit8ionsociety
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A student asked Nasrudin:
      > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      > > The Mullah answered:
      > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
      > >
      > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
      just
      > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
        Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
        regards

        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
        Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
        are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
        real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
        blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
        I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
        go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
        cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
        else.
        > Sean
        >
        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
        > > regards
        > >
        > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
        > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
        > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
        > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
        > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
        > seems to me that it is as if people think
        > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
        > all the time in the world to stop suffering
        > causing actions and to replace them with
        > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
        > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
        > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
        > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
        > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
        > Peace and blessings.
        > Bob

        medit8ionsociety
        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > > The Mullah answered:
        > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
        > > >

        > ---------------------------------

      • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
          Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

          <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

          > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
          Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
          are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
          real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
          blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
          I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
          go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
          cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
          else.
          > Sean
          >
          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
          > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
          > > regards
          > >
          > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
          > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
          > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
          > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
          > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
          > seems to me that it is as if people think
          > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
          > all the time in the world to stop suffering
          > causing actions and to replace them with
          > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
          > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
          > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
          > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
          > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
          > Peace and blessings.
          > Bob
          >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
          medit8ionsociety
          > > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > > > The Mullah answered:
          > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
          > > >

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---

          It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
            I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

            To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
            From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
            Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

            <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

            > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
            Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
            are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
            real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
            blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
            I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
            go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
            cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
            else.
            > Sean
            >
            > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
            > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
            > > regards
            > >
            > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
            > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
            > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
            > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
            > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
            > seems to me that it is as if people think
            > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
            > all the time in the world to stop suffering
            > causing actions and to replace them with
            > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
            > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
            > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
            > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
            > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
            > Peace and blessings.
            > Bob
            >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
            medit8ionsociety
            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
            > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
            > > > The Mullah answered:
            > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
            > > >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---

            It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!

          • westwindwood2003
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
              My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
              frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
              God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
              enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
              out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
              what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
              comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
              get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
              enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
              experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
              again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
              actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
              come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
              personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
              have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
              back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
              up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
              that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
              do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
              help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
              enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
              my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
              <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

              > Dear John,
              >
              > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
              the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
              once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
              does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
              is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
              God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
              once, with perfect planning.

              > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
              that God does, and complains about it.

              > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
              terrible.

              > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
              that is written in every man's heart.

              > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
              matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

              > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
              perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
              serve God.

              > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
              what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
              you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
              need.

              > That is what I notice.
              >
              > What do you think.
              > Your Friend,
              > Greg
              >
              > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
              > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
              eventually find out God's intention.

              > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
              > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
              >
              > Who does know the intention of God?
              > regards
              >
              > --- In
              > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
              > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

              > medit8ionsociety
              > > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
              > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
              > > > The Mullah answered:
              > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
              > > >
              > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
              > just
              > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
              > >

              > ---------------------------------

            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                Very beautiful account.

                <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                you
                > need.
                > >
                > > That is what I notice.
                > >
                > > What do you think.
                > > Your Friend,
                > > Greg
                > >
                > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                > eventually find out God's intention.
                > >
                > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                > >
                > > Who does know the intention of God?
                > > regards
                > >
                > > --- In
                > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                > > medit8ionsociety

                > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                You
                > > just
                > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

              • westwindwood2003
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                  Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                  meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                  meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                  problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                  One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                  that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                  as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                  Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                  I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                  Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                  into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                  What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                  get out of chores?

                  Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                  to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                  with no resolution possible.

                  I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                  are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                  meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                  When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                  ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                  the change.

                  Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                  will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                  change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                  It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                  enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                  Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                  about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                  I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                  will find me a lot easier to be with.

                  Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                  Dreams will not bother me

                  Anything in life can be dealt with

                  I will be a benefit to others

                  Life will get better for me

                  Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                  enlightenment process
                • sean tremblay

                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                      So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                      is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                      Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                      dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                      If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                      <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                      > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                      up
                      > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                      > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                      > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                      >

                      > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                      something
                      > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                      else
                      > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                      >
                      > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                      >
                      > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                      >
                      > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                      > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                      >
                      > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                      > get out of chores?
                      >
                      > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                      about
                      > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                      > with no resolution possible.
                      >
                      > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                      > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                      on
                      > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                      >
                      > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                      driven
                      > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                      > the change.
                      >
                      > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                      > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                      > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                      >
                      > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                      just
                      > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                      lifetime.

                      > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                      of
                      > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                      >
                      > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                      > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                      >
                      > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                      >
                      > Dreams will not bother me
                      >
                      > Anything in life can be dealt with
                      >
                      > I will be a benefit to others
                      >
                      > Life will get better for me
                      >
                      > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                      > enlightenment process

                    • Jeff Belyea
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                        Sean -

                        While I am not an advocate
                        of devotion to any one teacher,
                        I do feel that a teacher who
                        "appears" on your path with
                        teachings that resonate as
                        attractive and compelling
                        can be valuable.

                        A teacher who can speak authentically
                        about their own experiences (which
                        is the only premise for authenticity
                        and the only platform for teaching)
                        can inspire the student to believe in,
                        expect, and move forward toward
                        their greater potential and/or their
                        desire for accomplishment - from
                        anything from quitting smoking to
                        finding peace of mind.

                        Meditation, as you wrote, is
                        easy and natural, but the mindset
                        approaching meditation, and the
                        nuances of "techniques" can
                        make the difference between
                        a quiet time of relaxation and
                        the opening of a new door
                        of perception.

                        Best,

                        Jeff

                        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                        > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                        we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                        personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                        around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                        personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                        someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                        falls short of my potential.

                        > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                        all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                        > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                        > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                        > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                        >
                        > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                        something
                        > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                        > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                        >
                        > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                        >
                        > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                        >
                        > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                        > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                        >
                        > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                        > get out of chores?
                        >
                        > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                        about
                        > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                        > with no resolution possible.
                        >
                        > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                        > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                        on
                        > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                        >
                        > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                        > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                        > the change.
                        >
                        > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                        > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                        > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                        >
                        > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                        just
                        > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                        lifetime.

                        > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                        of
                        > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                        >
                        > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                        > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                        >
                        > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                        >
                        > Dreams will not bother me
                        >
                        > Anything in life can be dealt with
                        >
                        > I will be a benefit to others
                        >
                        > Life will get better for me
                        >
                        > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                        > enlightenment process
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        Try it now.

                      • Jeff Belyea
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                          To highlight one of the problems
                          or resistances to truly entering
                          meditation, it is important to
                          recognize that a language barrier
                          also exists.

                          When "problems" are listed as
                          preparation for meditation, the
                          words do not resonate at the
                          same depth for a beginning, or
                          even experienced meditator, as
                          they do for those who have
                          been graced with crossing the
                          threshold of enlightenment.

                          For example, the mention of
                          sufering when encountering
                          the giving up of ego attachments
                          - this feels like certain "death"
                          when reached in full technocolor.

                          Only the truly committed or
                          truly desperate - those who
                          are wiling to risk death -
                          will take on this one. It is
                          the turning back point for many
                          dabblers in meditation.

                          In essence, there is no possible
                          preparation for what is experienced
                          in depth meditation. It is beyond
                          words or description. It cannot
                          really be "sought" in any real
                          sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                          the manner in which it presents
                          is startling, and in no way
                          resembles any preconceived notion.
                          The linear mind cannot anticipate
                          or grasp the experience - yet, it
                          delights in the result.

                          <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                          > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                          > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                          > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                          > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                          >

                          > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                          something
                          > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                          > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                          >
                          > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                          >
                          > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                          >
                          > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                          > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                          >
                          > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                          > get out of chores?
                          >
                          > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                          about
                          > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                          > with no resolution possible.
                          >
                          > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                          > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                          on
                          > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                          >
                          > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                          > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                          > the change.
                          >
                          > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                          > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                          > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                          >
                          > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                          just
                          > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                          lifetime.

                          > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                          of
                          > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                          >
                          > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                          > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                          >
                          > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                          >
                          > Dreams will not bother me
                          >
                          > Anything in life can be dealt with
                          >
                          > I will be a benefit to others
                          >
                          > Life will get better for me
                          >
                          > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                          > enlightenment process

                        • sean tremblay
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                            Agreed,
                            Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                            <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                            > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                            we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                            personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                            around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                            personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                            someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                            falls short of my potential.

                            > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                            all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                            > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                            > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                            > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                            >
                            > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                            something
                            > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                            > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                            >
                            > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                            >
                            > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                            >
                            > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                            > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                            >
                            > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                            > get out of chores?
                            >
                            > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                            about
                            > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                            > with no resolution possible.
                            >
                            > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                            > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                            on
                            > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                            >
                            > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                            > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                            > the change.
                            >
                            > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                            > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                            > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                            >
                            > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                            just
                            > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                            lifetime.

                            > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                            of
                            > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                            >
                            > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                            > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                            >
                            > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                            >
                            > Dreams will not bother me
                            >
                            > Anything in life can be dealt with
                            >
                            > I will be a benefit to others
                            >
                            > Life will get better for me
                            >
                            > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                            > enlightenment process
                            >

                            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                            Try it now.

                          • Jeff Belyea
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                              Great. You know where to
                              draw the line.
                              Nice roster of teachers.
                              Obviously, you also know
                              where to look for authenticity.

                              <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                              > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                              > >
                              > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                              > just
                              > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                              > lifetime.
                              > >
                              > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                              > of
                              > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                              > >
                              > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                              > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                              > >
                              > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                              > >
                              > > Dreams will not bother me
                              > >
                              > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                              > >
                              > > I will be a benefit to others
                              > >
                              > > Life will get better for me
                              > >
                              > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                              Search.