RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • John Balch
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
      Should one imagine God outside of him/her self?  I have never though about that before.  When first starting on meditation, I found there definitely was a split in personality between God and myself, although God would give direct information on how I should go on with my life, not that I would want to do that because of my ego.  After decades meditating it seems the two are converging personality wise, but there are still lifetimes to go for that process.

      To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

      "You just
      do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation. "

      Who does know the intention of God?
      regards

      --- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "westwindwood2003"
      <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      medit8ionsociety
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A student asked Nasrudin:
      > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      > > The Mullah answered:
      > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
      > >
      > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
      just
      > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

      Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!

    • John Balch
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
        Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

        <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
        medit8ionsociety
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > The Mullah answered:
        > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
        > >
        > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
        just
        > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

      • Gregory Hoffman
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
          Dear John,

          What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

          The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

          But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

          The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

          Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

          And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

          If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

          That is what I notice.

          What do you think.
          Your Friend,
          Greg

          <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
          medit8ionsociety
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > > The Mullah answered:
          > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
          > >
          > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
          just
          > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
            Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

            <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

            > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
            medit8ionsociety
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A student asked Nasrudin:
            > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
            > > The Mullah answered:
            > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
            > >
            > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
            just
            > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
              Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
              regards

              <bethjams9@...> wrote:

              > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
              Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
              are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
              real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
              blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
              I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
              go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
              cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
              else.

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                else.
                > Sean
                >
                > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                > >
                > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                > > regards
                > >
                > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                > seems to me that it is as if people think
                > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                > causing actions and to replace them with
                > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                > Peace and blessings.
                > Bob
                >
                > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                medit8ionsociety
                > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                > > > The Mullah answered:
                > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                > > >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
              • sean tremblay
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                  I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

                  To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                  <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                  > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                  Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                  are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                  real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                  blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                  I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                  go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                  cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                  else.
                  > Sean
                  >
                  > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                  > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                  > > regards
                  > >
                  > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                  > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                  > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                  > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                  > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                  > seems to me that it is as if people think
                  > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                  > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                  > causing actions and to replace them with
                  > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                  > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                  > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                  > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                  > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                  > Peace and blessings.
                  > Bob
                  >
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                  medit8ionsociety
                  > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                  > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                  > > > The Mullah answered:
                  > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                  > > >

                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                  It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!

                • westwindwood2003
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                    My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
                    frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
                    God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
                    enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
                    out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
                    what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
                    comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
                    get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
                    enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
                    experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
                    again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
                    actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
                    come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
                    personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
                    have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
                    back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
                    up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
                    that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
                    do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
                    help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
                    enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
                    my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
                    <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

                    > Dear John,
                    >
                    > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
                    the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
                    once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
                    does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
                    is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
                    God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
                    once, with perfect planning.

                    > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
                    that God does, and complains about it.

                    > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
                    terrible.

                    > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
                    that is written in every man's heart.

                    > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
                    matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                    > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
                    perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
                    serve God.

                    > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
                    what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
                    you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
                    need.

                    > That is what I notice.
                    >
                    > What do you think.
                    > Your Friend,
                    > Greg
                    >
                    > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
                    > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                    eventually find out God's intention.

                    > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
                    > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                    >
                    > Who does know the intention of God?
                    > regards
                    >
                    > --- In
                    > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                    > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                    > medit8ionsociety
                    > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                    > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                    > > > The Mullah answered:
                    > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                    > > >
                    > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                    > just
                    > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
                    > >

                    > ---------------------------------

                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                      Very beautiful account.

                      <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      you
                      > need.
                      > >
                      > > That is what I notice.
                      > >
                      > > What do you think.
                      > > Your Friend,
                      > > Greg
                      > >
                      > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                      > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                      > eventually find out God's intention.
                      > >
                      > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                      > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                      > >
                      > > Who does know the intention of God?
                      > > regards
                      > >
                      > > --- In
                      > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                      > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                      > > medit8ionsociety

                      > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                      You
                      > > just
                      > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                    • westwindwood2003
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                        Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                        meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                        meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                        problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                        One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                        that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                        as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                        Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                        I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                        Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                        into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                        What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                        get out of chores?

                        Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                        to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                        with no resolution possible.

                        I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                        are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                        meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                        When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                        ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                        the change.

                        Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                        will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                        change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                        It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                        enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                        Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                        about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                        I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                        will find me a lot easier to be with.

                        Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                        Dreams will not bother me

                        Anything in life can be dealt with

                        I will be a benefit to others

                        Life will get better for me

                        Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                        enlightenment process
                      • sean tremblay

                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                            So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                            is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                            Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                            dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                            If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                            <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                            > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                            up
                            > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                            > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                            > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                            >

                            > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                            something
                            > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                            else
                            > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                            >
                            > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                            >
                            > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                            >
                            > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                            > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                            >
                            > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                            > get out of chores?
                            >
                            > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                            about
                            > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                            > with no resolution possible.
                            >
                            > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                            > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                            on
                            > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                            >
                            > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                            driven
                            > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                            > the change.
                            >
                            > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                            > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                            > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                            >
                            > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                            just
                            > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                            lifetime.

                            > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                            of
                            > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                            >
                            > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                            > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                            >
                            > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                            >
                            > Dreams will not bother me
                            >
                            > Anything in life can be dealt with
                            >
                            > I will be a benefit to others
                            >
                            > Life will get better for me
                            >
                            > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                            > enlightenment process

                          • Jeff Belyea
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                              Sean -

                              While I am not an advocate
                              of devotion to any one teacher,
                              I do feel that a teacher who
                              "appears" on your path with
                              teachings that resonate as
                              attractive and compelling
                              can be valuable.

                              A teacher who can speak authentically
                              about their own experiences (which
                              is the only premise for authenticity
                              and the only platform for teaching)
                              can inspire the student to believe in,
                              expect, and move forward toward
                              their greater potential and/or their
                              desire for accomplishment - from
                              anything from quitting smoking to
                              finding peace of mind.

                              Meditation, as you wrote, is
                              easy and natural, but the mindset
                              approaching meditation, and the
                              nuances of "techniques" can
                              make the difference between
                              a quiet time of relaxation and
                              the opening of a new door
                              of perception.

                              Best,

                              Jeff

                              <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                              > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                              we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                              personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                              around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                              personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                              someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                              falls short of my potential.

                              > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                              all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                              > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                              > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                              > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                              >
                              > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                              something
                              > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                              > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                              >
                              > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                              >
                              > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                              >
                              > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                              > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                              >
                              > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                              > get out of chores?
                              >
                              > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                              about
                              > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                              > with no resolution possible.
                              >
                              > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                              > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                              on
                              > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                              >
                              > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                              > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                              > the change.
                              >
                              > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                              > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                              > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                              >
                              > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                              just
                              > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                              lifetime.

                              > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                              of
                              > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                              >
                              > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                              > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                              >
                              > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                              >
                              > Dreams will not bother me
                              >
                              > Anything in life can be dealt with
                              >
                              > I will be a benefit to others
                              >
                              > Life will get better for me
                              >
                              > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                              > enlightenment process
                              >

                              > ---------------------------------
                              Try it now.

                            • Jeff Belyea
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                To highlight one of the problems
                                or resistances to truly entering
                                meditation, it is important to
                                recognize that a language barrier
                                also exists.

                                When "problems" are listed as
                                preparation for meditation, the
                                words do not resonate at the
                                same depth for a beginning, or
                                even experienced meditator, as
                                they do for those who have
                                been graced with crossing the
                                threshold of enlightenment.

                                For example, the mention of
                                sufering when encountering
                                the giving up of ego attachments
                                - this feels like certain "death"
                                when reached in full technocolor.

                                Only the truly committed or
                                truly desperate - those who
                                are wiling to risk death -
                                will take on this one. It is
                                the turning back point for many
                                dabblers in meditation.

                                In essence, there is no possible
                                preparation for what is experienced
                                in depth meditation. It is beyond
                                words or description. It cannot
                                really be "sought" in any real
                                sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                                the manner in which it presents
                                is startling, and in no way
                                resembles any preconceived notion.
                                The linear mind cannot anticipate
                                or grasp the experience - yet, it
                                delights in the result.

                                <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                >

                                > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                something
                                > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                >
                                > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                >
                                > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                >
                                > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                >
                                > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                > get out of chores?
                                >
                                > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                about
                                > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                > with no resolution possible.
                                >
                                > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                on
                                > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                >
                                > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                > the change.
                                >
                                > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                >
                                > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                just
                                > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                lifetime.

                                > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                of
                                > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                >
                                > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                >
                                > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                >
                                > Dreams will not bother me
                                >
                                > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                >
                                > I will be a benefit to others
                                >
                                > Life will get better for me
                                >
                                > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                > enlightenment process

                              • sean tremblay
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                  Agreed,
                                  Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                                  <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                                  > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                  we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                  personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                  around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                  personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                  someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                  falls short of my potential.

                                  > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                                  all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                  > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                  > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                  > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                  >
                                  > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                  something
                                  > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                  > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                  >
                                  > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                  >
                                  > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                  >
                                  > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                  > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                  >
                                  > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                  > get out of chores?
                                  >
                                  > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                  about
                                  > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                  > with no resolution possible.
                                  >
                                  > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                  > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                  on
                                  > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                  >
                                  > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                  > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                  > the change.
                                  >
                                  > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                  > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                  > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                  >
                                  > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                  just
                                  > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                  lifetime.

                                  > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                  of
                                  > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                  >
                                  > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                  > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                  >
                                  > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                  >
                                  > Dreams will not bother me
                                  >
                                  > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                  >
                                  > I will be a benefit to others
                                  >
                                  > Life will get better for me
                                  >
                                  > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                  > enlightenment process
                                  >

                                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                  Try it now.

                                • Jeff Belyea
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                    Great. You know where to
                                    draw the line.
                                    Nice roster of teachers.
                                    Obviously, you also know
                                    where to look for authenticity.

                                    <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                    > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                    > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                    > >
                                    > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                    > just
                                    > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                    > lifetime.
                                    > >
                                    > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                    > of
                                    > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                    > >
                                    > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                    > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                    > >
                                    > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                    > >
                                    > > Dreams will not bother me
                                    > >
                                    > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                    > >
                                    > > I will be a benefit to others
                                    > >
                                    > > Life will get better for me
                                    > >
                                    > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                                    Search.