Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
      "You just
      do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."

      Who does know the intention of God?
      regards

      --- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
      <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

      medit8ionsociety
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A student asked Nasrudin:
      > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      > > The Mullah answered:
      > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
      > >
      > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
      just
      > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

    • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
        Should one imagine God outside of him/her self ?

        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
        Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000
        Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

        <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
        medit8ionsociety
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > The Mullah answered:
        > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
        > >
        > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
        just
        > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

        Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
          Just to chime in here,  It seems every day is a death or a dying. Every day something gives in or lets go.  Change and transformation are inevitable.  I had a dream last week that I died it was very real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went blank.  In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now I stopped fighting"  She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let go.  At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody else.
          Sean

          "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ ...> wrote:

          > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
          > regards

          Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
          Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
          life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
          natural thing as well as the thing that few people
          appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
          seems to me that it is as if people think
          there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
          all the time in the world to stop suffering
          causing actions and to replace them with
          selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
          have recognized our mortality a door opens that
          lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
          I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
          means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
          Peace and blessings.
          Bob

          > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > > The Mullah answered:
          > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

        • John Balch
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
            Should one imagine God outside of him/her self?  I have never though about that before.  When first starting on meditation, I found there definitely was a split in personality between God and myself, although God would give direct information on how I should go on with my life, not that I would want to do that because of my ego.  After decades meditating it seems the two are converging personality wise, but there are still lifetimes to go for that process.

            To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
            From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
            Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
              Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

              <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
              medit8ionsociety
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A student asked Nasrudin:
              > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
              > > The Mullah answered:
              > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
              > >
              > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
              just
              > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

            • Gregory Hoffman
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                Dear John,

                What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

                The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

                But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

                The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

                Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

                If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

                That is what I notice.

                What do you think.
                Your Friend,
                Greg

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                  Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                    Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
                    regards

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                      Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                      <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                      > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                      Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                      are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                      real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                      blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                      I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                      go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                      cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                      else.
                      > Sean
                      >
                      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                      > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                      > > regards
                      > >
                      > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                      > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                      > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                      > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                      > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                      > seems to me that it is as if people think
                      > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                      > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                      > causing actions and to replace them with
                      > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                      > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                      > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                      > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                      > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                      > Peace and blessings.
                      > Bob
                      >
                      > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                      medit8ionsociety
                      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                      > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                      > > > The Mullah answered:
                      > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                      > > >

                      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                    • sean tremblay
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                        I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

                        To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                        Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                        <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                        > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                        Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                        are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                        real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                        blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                        I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                        go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                        cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                        else.
                        > Sean
                        >
                        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                        > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                        > > regards
                        > >
                        > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                        > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                        > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                        > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                        > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                        > seems to me that it is as if people think
                        > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                        > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                        > causing actions and to replace them with
                        > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                        > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                        > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                        > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                        > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                        > Peace and blessings.
                        > Bob
                        >
                        > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                        medit8ionsociety
                        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                        > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                        > > > The Mullah answered:
                        > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                        > > >

                        > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                        It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!

                      • westwindwood2003
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                          My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
                          frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
                          God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
                          enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
                          out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
                          what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
                          comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
                          get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
                          enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
                          experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
                          again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
                          actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
                          come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
                          personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
                          have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
                          back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
                          up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
                          that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
                          do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
                          help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
                          enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
                          my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
                          <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

                          > Dear John,
                          >
                          > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
                          the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
                          once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
                          does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
                          is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
                          God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
                          once, with perfect planning.

                          > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
                          that God does, and complains about it.

                          > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
                          terrible.

                          > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
                          that is written in every man's heart.

                          > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
                          matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                          > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
                          perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
                          serve God.

                          > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
                          what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
                          you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
                          need.

                          > That is what I notice.
                          >
                          > What do you think.
                          > Your Friend,
                          > Greg
                          >
                          > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
                          > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                          eventually find out God's intention.

                          > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
                          > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                          >
                          > Who does know the intention of God?
                          > regards
                          >
                          > --- In
                          > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                          > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                          > medit8ionsociety
                          > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                          > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                          > > > The Mullah answered:
                          > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                          > > >
                          > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                          > just
                          > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
                          > >

                          > ---------------------------------

                        • jogeshwarmahanta
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                            Very beautiful account.

                            <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            you
                            > need.
                            > >
                            > > That is what I notice.
                            > >
                            > > What do you think.
                            > > Your Friend,
                            > > Greg
                            > >
                            > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                            > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                            > eventually find out God's intention.
                            > >
                            > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                            > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                            > >
                            > > Who does know the intention of God?
                            > > regards
                            > >
                            > > --- In
                            > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                            > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                            > > medit8ionsociety

                            > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                            You
                            > > just
                            > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                          • westwindwood2003
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                              Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                              meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                              meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                              problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                              One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                              that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                              as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                              Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                              I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                              Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                              into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                              What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                              get out of chores?

                              Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                              to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                              with no resolution possible.

                              I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                              are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                              meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                              When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                              ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                              the change.

                              Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                              will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                              change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                              It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                              enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                              Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                              about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                              I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                              will find me a lot easier to be with.

                              Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                              Dreams will not bother me

                              Anything in life can be dealt with

                              I will be a benefit to others

                              Life will get better for me

                              Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                              enlightenment process
                            • sean tremblay

                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                  So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                                  is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                                  Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                                  dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                                  If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                                  <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                  > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                                  up
                                  > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                  > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                  > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                  >

                                  > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                  something
                                  > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                                  else
                                  > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                  >
                                  > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                  >
                                  > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                  >
                                  > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                  > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                  >
                                  > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                  > get out of chores?
                                  >
                                  > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                  about
                                  > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                  > with no resolution possible.
                                  >
                                  > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                  > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                  on
                                  > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                  >
                                  > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                                  driven
                                  > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                  > the change.
                                  >
                                  > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                  > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                  > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                  >
                                  > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                  just
                                  > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                  lifetime.

                                  > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                  of
                                  > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                  >
                                  > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                  > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                  >
                                  > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                  >
                                  > Dreams will not bother me
                                  >
                                  > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                  >
                                  > I will be a benefit to others
                                  >
                                  > Life will get better for me
                                  >
                                  > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                  > enlightenment process

                                • Jeff Belyea
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                    Sean -

                                    While I am not an advocate
                                    of devotion to any one teacher,
                                    I do feel that a teacher who
                                    "appears" on your path with
                                    teachings that resonate as
                                    attractive and compelling
                                    can be valuable.

                                    A teacher who can speak authentically
                                    about their own experiences (which
                                    is the only premise for authenticity
                                    and the only platform for teaching)
                                    can inspire the student to believe in,
                                    expect, and move forward toward
                                    their greater potential and/or their
                                    desire for accomplishment - from
                                    anything from quitting smoking to
                                    finding peace of mind.

                                    Meditation, as you wrote, is
                                    easy and natural, but the mindset
                                    approaching meditation, and the
                                    nuances of "techniques" can
                                    make the difference between
                                    a quiet time of relaxation and
                                    the opening of a new door
                                    of perception.

                                    Best,

                                    Jeff

                                    <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                                    > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                    we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                    personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                    around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                    personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                    someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                    falls short of my potential.

                                    > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                                    all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                    > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                    > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                    > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                    >
                                    > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                    something
                                    > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                    > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                    >
                                    > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                    >
                                    > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                    >
                                    > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                    > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                    >
                                    > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                    > get out of chores?
                                    >
                                    > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                    about
                                    > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                    > with no resolution possible.
                                    >
                                    > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                    > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                    on
                                    > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                    >
                                    > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                    > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                    > the change.
                                    >
                                    > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                    > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                    > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                    >
                                    > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                    just
                                    > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                    lifetime.

                                    > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                    of
                                    > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                    >
                                    > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                    > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                    >
                                    > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                    >
                                    > Dreams will not bother me
                                    >
                                    > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                    >
                                    > I will be a benefit to others
                                    >
                                    > Life will get better for me
                                    >
                                    > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                    > enlightenment process
                                    >

                                    > ---------------------------------
                                    Try it now.

                                  • Jeff Belyea
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                      To highlight one of the problems
                                      or resistances to truly entering
                                      meditation, it is important to
                                      recognize that a language barrier
                                      also exists.

                                      When "problems" are listed as
                                      preparation for meditation, the
                                      words do not resonate at the
                                      same depth for a beginning, or
                                      even experienced meditator, as
                                      they do for those who have
                                      been graced with crossing the
                                      threshold of enlightenment.

                                      For example, the mention of
                                      sufering when encountering
                                      the giving up of ego attachments
                                      - this feels like certain "death"
                                      when reached in full technocolor.

                                      Only the truly committed or
                                      truly desperate - those who
                                      are wiling to risk death -
                                      will take on this one. It is
                                      the turning back point for many
                                      dabblers in meditation.

                                      In essence, there is no possible
                                      preparation for what is experienced
                                      in depth meditation. It is beyond
                                      words or description. It cannot
                                      really be "sought" in any real
                                      sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                                      the manner in which it presents
                                      is startling, and in no way
                                      resembles any preconceived notion.
                                      The linear mind cannot anticipate
                                      or grasp the experience - yet, it
                                      delights in the result.

                                      <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                      > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                      > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                      > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                      > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                      >

                                      > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                      something
                                      > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                      > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                      >
                                      > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                      >
                                      > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                      >
                                      > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                      > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                      >
                                      > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                      > get out of chores?
                                      >
                                      > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                      about
                                      > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                      > with no resolution possible.
                                      >
                                      > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                      > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                      on
                                      > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                      >
                                      > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                      > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                      > the change.
                                      >
                                      > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                      > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                      > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                      >
                                      > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                      just
                                      > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                      lifetime.

                                      > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                      of
                                      > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                      >
                                      > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                      > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                      >
                                      > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                      >
                                      > Dreams will not bother me
                                      >
                                      > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                      >
                                      > I will be a benefit to others
                                      >
                                      > Life will get better for me
                                      >
                                      > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                      > enlightenment process

                                    • sean tremblay
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                        Agreed,
                                        Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                                        <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                                        > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                        we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                        personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                        around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                        personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                        someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                        falls short of my potential.

                                        > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                                        all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                        > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                        > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                        > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                        >
                                        > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                        something
                                        > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                        > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                        >
                                        > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                        >
                                        > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                        >
                                        > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                        > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                        >
                                        > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                        > get out of chores?
                                        >
                                        > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                        about
                                        > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                        > with no resolution possible.
                                        >
                                        > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                        > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                        on
                                        > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                        >
                                        > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                        > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                        > the change.
                                        >
                                        > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                        > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                        > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                        >
                                        > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                        just
                                        > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                        lifetime.

                                        > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                        of
                                        > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                        >
                                        > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                        > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                        >
                                        > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                        >
                                        > Dreams will not bother me
                                        >
                                        > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                        >
                                        > I will be a benefit to others
                                        >
                                        > Life will get better for me
                                        >
                                        > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                        > enlightenment process
                                        >

                                        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                        Try it now.

                                      • Jeff Belyea
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                          Great. You know where to
                                          draw the line.
                                          Nice roster of teachers.
                                          Obviously, you also know
                                          where to look for authenticity.

                                          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                          > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                          > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                          > >
                                          > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                          > just
                                          > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                          > lifetime.
                                          > >
                                          > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                          > of
                                          > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                          > >
                                          > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                          > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                          > >
                                          > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                          > >
                                          > > Dreams will not bother me
                                          > >
                                          > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                          > >
                                          > > I will be a benefit to others
                                          > >
                                          > > Life will get better for me
                                          > >
                                          > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                                          Search.