Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • westwindwood2003
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > A student asked Nasrudin:
      > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      > The Mullah answered:
      > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

      If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You just
      do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
        "You just
        do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."

        Who does know the intention of God?
        regards

        --- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
        <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

        medit8ionsociety
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > The Mullah answered:
        > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
        > >
        > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
        just
        > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

      • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
          Should one imagine God outside of him/her self ?

          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

          <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
          medit8ionsociety
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > > The Mullah answered:
          > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
          > >
          > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
          just
          > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

          Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
            Just to chime in here,  It seems every day is a death or a dying. Every day something gives in or lets go.  Change and transformation are inevitable.  I had a dream last week that I died it was very real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went blank.  In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now I stopped fighting"  She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let go.  At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody else.
            Sean

            "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ ...> wrote:

            > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
            > regards

            Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
            Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
            life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
            natural thing as well as the thing that few people
            appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
            seems to me that it is as if people think
            there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
            all the time in the world to stop suffering
            causing actions and to replace them with
            selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
            have recognized our mortality a door opens that
            lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
            I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
            means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
            Peace and blessings.
            Bob

            > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A student asked Nasrudin:
            > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
            > > The Mullah answered:
            > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

          • John Balch
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
              Should one imagine God outside of him/her self?  I have never though about that before.  When first starting on meditation, I found there definitely was a split in personality between God and myself, although God would give direct information on how I should go on with my life, not that I would want to do that because of my ego.  After decades meditating it seems the two are converging personality wise, but there are still lifetimes to go for that process.

              To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
              From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
              Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

                <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

                > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                medit8ionsociety
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                > > The Mullah answered:
                > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                > >
                > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                just
                > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

              • Gregory Hoffman
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                  Dear John,

                  What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

                  The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

                  But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

                  The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

                  Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                  And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

                  If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

                  That is what I notice.

                  What do you think.
                  Your Friend,
                  Greg

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                    Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                      Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
                      regards

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                        Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                        Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                        <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                        > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                        Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                        are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                        real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                        blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                        I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                        go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                        cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                        else.
                        > Sean
                        >
                        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                        > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                        > > regards
                        > >
                        > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                        > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                        > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                        > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                        > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                        > seems to me that it is as if people think
                        > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                        > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                        > causing actions and to replace them with
                        > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                        > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                        > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                        > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                        > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                        > Peace and blessings.
                        > Bob
                        >
                        > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                        medit8ionsociety
                        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                        > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                        > > > The Mullah answered:
                        > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                        > > >

                        > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                        It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                      • sean tremblay
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                          I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

                          To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                          From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                          Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                            My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
                            frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
                            God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
                            enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
                            out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
                            what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
                            comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
                            get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
                            enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
                            experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
                            again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
                            actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
                            come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
                            personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
                            have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
                            back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
                            up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
                            that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
                            do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
                            help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
                            enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
                            my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
                            <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

                            > Dear John,
                            >
                            > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
                            the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
                            once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
                            does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
                            is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
                            God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
                            once, with perfect planning.

                            > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
                            that God does, and complains about it.

                            > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
                            terrible.

                            > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
                            that is written in every man's heart.

                            > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
                            matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                            > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
                            perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
                            serve God.

                            > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
                            what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
                            you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
                            need.

                            > That is what I notice.
                            >
                            > What do you think.
                            > Your Friend,
                            > Greg
                            >
                            > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
                            > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                            eventually find out God's intention.

                            > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
                            > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                            >
                            > Who does know the intention of God?
                            > regards
                            >
                            > --- In
                            > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                            > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                            > medit8ionsociety
                            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                            > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                            > > > The Mullah answered:
                            > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                            > > >
                            > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                            > just
                            > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
                            > >

                            > ---------------------------------

                          • jogeshwarmahanta
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                              Very beautiful account.

                              <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              you
                              > need.
                              > >
                              > > That is what I notice.
                              > >
                              > > What do you think.
                              > > Your Friend,
                              > > Greg
                              > >
                              > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                              > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                              > eventually find out God's intention.
                              > >
                              > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                              > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                              > >
                              > > Who does know the intention of God?
                              > > regards
                              > >
                              > > --- In
                              > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                              > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                              > > medit8ionsociety

                              > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                              You
                              > > just
                              > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                            • westwindwood2003
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                                One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                                that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                                Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                                I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                                Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                                What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                                get out of chores?

                                Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                                to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                with no resolution possible.

                                I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                                meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                                When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                the change.

                                Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                                It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                                enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                                Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                                about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                                I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                will find me a lot easier to be with.

                                Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                                Dreams will not bother me

                                Anything in life can be dealt with

                                I will be a benefit to others

                                Life will get better for me

                                Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                enlightenment process
                              • sean tremblay

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                    So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                                    is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                                    Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                                    dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                                    If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                                    <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                    > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                                    up
                                    > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                    > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                    > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                    >

                                    > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                    something
                                    > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                                    else
                                    > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                    >
                                    > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                    >
                                    > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                    >
                                    > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                    > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                    >
                                    > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                    > get out of chores?
                                    >
                                    > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                    about
                                    > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                    > with no resolution possible.
                                    >
                                    > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                    > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                    on
                                    > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                    >
                                    > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                                    driven
                                    > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                    > the change.
                                    >
                                    > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                    > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                    > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                    >
                                    > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                    just
                                    > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                    lifetime.

                                    > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                    of
                                    > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                    >
                                    > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                    > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                    >
                                    > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                    >
                                    > Dreams will not bother me
                                    >
                                    > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                    >
                                    > I will be a benefit to others
                                    >
                                    > Life will get better for me
                                    >
                                    > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                    > enlightenment process

                                  • Jeff Belyea
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                      Sean -

                                      While I am not an advocate
                                      of devotion to any one teacher,
                                      I do feel that a teacher who
                                      "appears" on your path with
                                      teachings that resonate as
                                      attractive and compelling
                                      can be valuable.

                                      A teacher who can speak authentically
                                      about their own experiences (which
                                      is the only premise for authenticity
                                      and the only platform for teaching)
                                      can inspire the student to believe in,
                                      expect, and move forward toward
                                      their greater potential and/or their
                                      desire for accomplishment - from
                                      anything from quitting smoking to
                                      finding peace of mind.

                                      Meditation, as you wrote, is
                                      easy and natural, but the mindset
                                      approaching meditation, and the
                                      nuances of "techniques" can
                                      make the difference between
                                      a quiet time of relaxation and
                                      the opening of a new door
                                      of perception.

                                      Best,

                                      Jeff

                                      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                                      > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                      we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                      personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                      around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                      personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                      someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                      falls short of my potential.

                                      > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                                      all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                      > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                      > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                      > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                      >
                                      > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                      something
                                      > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                      > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                      >
                                      > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                      >
                                      > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                      >
                                      > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                      > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                      >
                                      > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                      > get out of chores?
                                      >
                                      > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                      about
                                      > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                      > with no resolution possible.
                                      >
                                      > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                      > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                      on
                                      > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                      >
                                      > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                      > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                      > the change.
                                      >
                                      > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                      > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                      > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                      >
                                      > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                      just
                                      > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                      lifetime.

                                      > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                      of
                                      > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                      >
                                      > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                      > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                      >
                                      > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                      >
                                      > Dreams will not bother me
                                      >
                                      > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                      >
                                      > I will be a benefit to others
                                      >
                                      > Life will get better for me
                                      >
                                      > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                      > enlightenment process
                                      >

                                      > ---------------------------------
                                      Try it now.

                                    • Jeff Belyea
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                        To highlight one of the problems
                                        or resistances to truly entering
                                        meditation, it is important to
                                        recognize that a language barrier
                                        also exists.

                                        When "problems" are listed as
                                        preparation for meditation, the
                                        words do not resonate at the
                                        same depth for a beginning, or
                                        even experienced meditator, as
                                        they do for those who have
                                        been graced with crossing the
                                        threshold of enlightenment.

                                        For example, the mention of
                                        sufering when encountering
                                        the giving up of ego attachments
                                        - this feels like certain "death"
                                        when reached in full technocolor.

                                        Only the truly committed or
                                        truly desperate - those who
                                        are wiling to risk death -
                                        will take on this one. It is
                                        the turning back point for many
                                        dabblers in meditation.

                                        In essence, there is no possible
                                        preparation for what is experienced
                                        in depth meditation. It is beyond
                                        words or description. It cannot
                                        really be "sought" in any real
                                        sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                                        the manner in which it presents
                                        is startling, and in no way
                                        resembles any preconceived notion.
                                        The linear mind cannot anticipate
                                        or grasp the experience - yet, it
                                        delights in the result.

                                        <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                        > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                        > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                        > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                        > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                        >

                                        > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                        something
                                        > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                        > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                        >
                                        > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                        >
                                        > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                        >
                                        > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                        > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                        >
                                        > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                        > get out of chores?
                                        >
                                        > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                        about
                                        > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                        > with no resolution possible.
                                        >
                                        > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                        > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                        on
                                        > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                        >
                                        > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                        > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                        > the change.
                                        >
                                        > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                        > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                        > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                        >
                                        > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                        just
                                        > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                        lifetime.

                                        > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                        of
                                        > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                        >
                                        > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                        > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                        >
                                        > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                        >
                                        > Dreams will not bother me
                                        >
                                        > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                        >
                                        > I will be a benefit to others
                                        >
                                        > Life will get better for me
                                        >
                                        > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                        > enlightenment process

                                      • sean tremblay
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                          Agreed,
                                          Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                                          <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                                          > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                          we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                          personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                          around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                          personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                          someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                          falls short of my potential.

                                          > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                                          all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                          > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                          > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                          > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                          >
                                          > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                          something
                                          > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                          > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                          >
                                          > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                          >
                                          > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                          >
                                          > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                          > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                          >
                                          > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                          > get out of chores?
                                          >
                                          > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                          about
                                          > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                          > with no resolution possible.
                                          >
                                          > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                          > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                          on
                                          > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                          >
                                          > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                          > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                          > the change.
                                          >
                                          > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                          > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                          > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                          >
                                          > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                          just
                                          > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                          lifetime.

                                          > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                          of
                                          > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                          >
                                          > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                          > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                          >
                                          > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                          >
                                          > Dreams will not bother me
                                          >
                                          > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                          >
                                          > I will be a benefit to others
                                          >
                                          > Life will get better for me
                                          >
                                          > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                          > enlightenment process
                                          >

                                          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                          Try it now.

                                        • Jeff Belyea
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                            Great. You know where to
                                            draw the line.
                                            Nice roster of teachers.
                                            Obviously, you also know
                                            where to look for authenticity.

                                            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                            > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                            > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                            > >
                                            > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                            > just
                                            > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                            > lifetime.
                                            > >
                                            > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                            > of
                                            > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                            > >
                                            > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                            > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                            > >
                                            > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                            > >
                                            > > Dreams will not bother me
                                            > >
                                            > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                            > >
                                            > > I will be a benefit to others
                                            > >
                                            > > Life will get better for me
                                            > >
                                            > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                                            Search.