Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
      Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
      regards

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
        "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

        > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
        > regards

        Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
        Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
        life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
        natural thing as well as the thing that few people
        appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
        seems to me that it is as if people think
        there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
        all the time in the world to stop suffering
        causing actions and to replace them with
        selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
        have recognized our mortality a door opens that
        lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
        I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
        means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
        Peace and blessings.

        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A student asked Nasrudin:
        > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
        > > The Mullah answered:
        > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

      • westwindwood2003
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > The Mullah answered:
          > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

          If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You just
          do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
            "You just
            do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."

            Who does know the intention of God?
            regards

            --- In
            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
            <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

            medit8ionsociety
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A student asked Nasrudin:
            > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
            > > The Mullah answered:
            > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
            > >
            > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
            just
            > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

          • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
              Should one imagine God outside of him/her self ?

              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000
              Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

              <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
              medit8ionsociety
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A student asked Nasrudin:
              > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
              > > The Mullah answered:
              > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
              > >
              > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
              just
              > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

              Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
            • sean tremblay
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                Just to chime in here,  It seems every day is a death or a dying. Every day something gives in or lets go.  Change and transformation are inevitable.  I had a dream last week that I died it was very real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went blank.  In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now I stopped fighting"  She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let go.  At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody else.
                Sean

                "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ ...> wrote:

                > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                > regards

                Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                seems to me that it is as if people think
                there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                all the time in the world to stop suffering
                causing actions and to replace them with
                selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                Peace and blessings.
                Bob

                > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                > > The Mullah answered:
                > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

              • John Balch
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                  Should one imagine God outside of him/her self?  I have never though about that before.  When first starting on meditation, I found there definitely was a split in personality between God and myself, although God would give direct information on how I should go on with my life, not that I would want to do that because of my ego.  After decades meditating it seems the two are converging personality wise, but there are still lifetimes to go for that process.

                  To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                    Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

                    <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

                    > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                    medit8ionsociety
                    > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                    > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                    > > The Mullah answered:
                    > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                    > >
                    > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                    just
                    > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                  • Gregory Hoffman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                      Dear John,

                      What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

                      The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

                      But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

                      The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

                      Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                      And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

                      If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

                      That is what I notice.

                      What do you think.
                      Your Friend,
                      Greg

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                        Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                          Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
                          regards

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                            Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

                            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                            Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                            <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                            > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                            Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                            are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                            real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                            blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                            I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                            go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                            cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                            else.
                            > Sean
                            >
                            > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                            > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                            > > regards
                            > >
                            > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                            > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                            > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                            > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                            > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                            > seems to me that it is as if people think
                            > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                            > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                            > causing actions and to replace them with
                            > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                            > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                            > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                            > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                            > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                            > Peace and blessings.
                            > Bob
                            >
                            > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                            medit8ionsociety
                            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                            > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                            > > > The Mullah answered:
                            > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                            > > >

                            > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                            It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                          • sean tremblay
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                              I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

                              To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                              From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                              Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                                My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
                                frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
                                God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
                                enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
                                out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
                                what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
                                comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
                                get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
                                enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
                                experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
                                again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
                                actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
                                come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
                                personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
                                have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
                                back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
                                up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
                                that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
                                do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
                                help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
                                enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
                                my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
                                <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

                                > Dear John,
                                >
                                > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
                                the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
                                once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
                                does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
                                is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
                                God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
                                once, with perfect planning.

                                > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
                                that God does, and complains about it.

                                > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
                                terrible.

                                > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
                                that is written in every man's heart.

                                > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
                                matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                                > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
                                perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
                                serve God.

                                > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
                                what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
                                you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
                                need.

                                > That is what I notice.
                                >
                                > What do you think.
                                > Your Friend,
                                > Greg
                                >
                                > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
                                > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                                eventually find out God's intention.

                                > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
                                > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                                >
                                > Who does know the intention of God?
                                > regards
                                >
                                > --- In
                                > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                                > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                                > medit8ionsociety
                                > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                                > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                                > > > The Mullah answered:
                                > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                                > > >
                                > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                                > just
                                > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
                                > >

                                > ---------------------------------

                              • jogeshwarmahanta
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                                  Very beautiful account.

                                  <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  you
                                  > need.
                                  > >
                                  > > That is what I notice.
                                  > >
                                  > > What do you think.
                                  > > Your Friend,
                                  > > Greg
                                  > >
                                  > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                                  > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                                  > eventually find out God's intention.
                                  > >
                                  > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                                  > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                                  > >
                                  > > Who does know the intention of God?
                                  > > regards
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In
                                  > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                                  > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                                  > > medit8ionsociety

                                  > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                                  You
                                  > > just
                                  > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                                • westwindwood2003
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                    Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                    meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                    meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                    problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                                    One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                                    that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                    as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                                    Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                                    I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                                    Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                    into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                                    What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                                    get out of chores?

                                    Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                                    to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                    with no resolution possible.

                                    I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                    are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                                    meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                                    When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                    ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                    the change.

                                    Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                    will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                    change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                                    It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                                    enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                                    Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                                    about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                                    I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                    will find me a lot easier to be with.

                                    Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                                    Dreams will not bother me

                                    Anything in life can be dealt with

                                    I will be a benefit to others

                                    Life will get better for me

                                    Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                    enlightenment process
                                  • sean tremblay

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                        So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                                        is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                                        Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                                        dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                                        If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                                        <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                        > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                                        up
                                        > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                        > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                        > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                        >

                                        > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                        something
                                        > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                                        else
                                        > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                        >
                                        > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                        >
                                        > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                        >
                                        > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                        > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                        >
                                        > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                        > get out of chores?
                                        >
                                        > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                        about
                                        > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                        > with no resolution possible.
                                        >
                                        > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                        > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                        on
                                        > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                        >
                                        > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                                        driven
                                        > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                        > the change.
                                        >
                                        > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                        > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                        > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                        >
                                        > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                        just
                                        > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                        lifetime.

                                        > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                        of
                                        > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                        >
                                        > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                        > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                        >
                                        > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                        >
                                        > Dreams will not bother me
                                        >
                                        > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                        >
                                        > I will be a benefit to others
                                        >
                                        > Life will get better for me
                                        >
                                        > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                        > enlightenment process

                                      • Jeff Belyea
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                          Sean -

                                          While I am not an advocate
                                          of devotion to any one teacher,
                                          I do feel that a teacher who
                                          "appears" on your path with
                                          teachings that resonate as
                                          attractive and compelling
                                          can be valuable.

                                          A teacher who can speak authentically
                                          about their own experiences (which
                                          is the only premise for authenticity
                                          and the only platform for teaching)
                                          can inspire the student to believe in,
                                          expect, and move forward toward
                                          their greater potential and/or their
                                          desire for accomplishment - from
                                          anything from quitting smoking to
                                          finding peace of mind.

                                          Meditation, as you wrote, is
                                          easy and natural, but the mindset
                                          approaching meditation, and the
                                          nuances of "techniques" can
                                          make the difference between
                                          a quiet time of relaxation and
                                          the opening of a new door
                                          of perception.

                                          Best,

                                          Jeff

                                          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                                          > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                          we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                          personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                          around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                          personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                          someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                          falls short of my potential.

                                          > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                                          all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                          > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                          > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                          > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                          >
                                          > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                          something
                                          > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                          > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                          >
                                          > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                          >
                                          > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                          >
                                          > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                          > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                          >
                                          > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                          > get out of chores?
                                          >
                                          > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                          about
                                          > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                          > with no resolution possible.
                                          >
                                          > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                          > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                          on
                                          > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                          >
                                          > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                          > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                          > the change.
                                          >
                                          > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                          > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                          > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                          >
                                          > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                          just
                                          > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                          lifetime.

                                          > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                          of
                                          > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                          >
                                          > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                          > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                          >
                                          > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                          >
                                          > Dreams will not bother me
                                          >
                                          > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                          >
                                          > I will be a benefit to others
                                          >
                                          > Life will get better for me
                                          >
                                          > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                          > enlightenment process
                                          >

                                          > ---------------------------------
                                          Try it now.

                                        • Jeff Belyea
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                            To highlight one of the problems
                                            or resistances to truly entering
                                            meditation, it is important to
                                            recognize that a language barrier
                                            also exists.

                                            When "problems" are listed as
                                            preparation for meditation, the
                                            words do not resonate at the
                                            same depth for a beginning, or
                                            even experienced meditator, as
                                            they do for those who have
                                            been graced with crossing the
                                            threshold of enlightenment.

                                            For example, the mention of
                                            sufering when encountering
                                            the giving up of ego attachments
                                            - this feels like certain "death"
                                            when reached in full technocolor.

                                            Only the truly committed or
                                            truly desperate - those who
                                            are wiling to risk death -
                                            will take on this one. It is
                                            the turning back point for many
                                            dabblers in meditation.

                                            In essence, there is no possible
                                            preparation for what is experienced
                                            in depth meditation. It is beyond
                                            words or description. It cannot
                                            really be "sought" in any real
                                            sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                                            the manner in which it presents
                                            is startling, and in no way
                                            resembles any preconceived notion.
                                            The linear mind cannot anticipate
                                            or grasp the experience - yet, it
                                            delights in the result.

                                            <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                            > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                            > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                            > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                            > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                            >

                                            > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                            something
                                            > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                            > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                            >
                                            > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                            >
                                            > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                            >
                                            > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                            > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                            >
                                            > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                            > get out of chores?
                                            >
                                            > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                            about
                                            > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                            > with no resolution possible.
                                            >
                                            > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                            > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                            on
                                            > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                            >
                                            > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                            > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                            > the change.
                                            >
                                            > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                            > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                            > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                            >
                                            > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                            just
                                            > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                            lifetime.

                                            > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                            of
                                            > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                            >
                                            > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                            > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                            >
                                            > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                            >
                                            > Dreams will not bother me
                                            >
                                            > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                            >
                                            > I will be a benefit to others
                                            >
                                            > Life will get better for me
                                            >
                                            > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                            > enlightenment process

                                          • sean tremblay
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                              Agreed,
                                              Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                                              <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                                              > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                              we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                              personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                              around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                              personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                              someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                              falls short of my potential.

                                              > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                                              all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                              > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                              > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                              > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                              >
                                              > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                              something
                                              > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                              > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                              >
                                              > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                              >
                                              > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                              >
                                              > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                              > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                              >
                                              > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                              > get out of chores?
                                              >
                                              > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                              about
                                              > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                              > with no resolution possible.
                                              >
                                              > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                              > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                              on
                                              > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                              >
                                              > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                              > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                              > the change.
                                              >
                                              > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                              > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                              > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                              >
                                              > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                              just
                                              > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                              lifetime.

                                              > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                              of
                                              > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                              >
                                              > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                              > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                              >
                                              > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                              >
                                              > Dreams will not bother me
                                              >
                                              > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                              >
                                              > I will be a benefit to others
                                              >
                                              > Life will get better for me
                                              >
                                              > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                              > enlightenment process
                                              >

                                              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                              Try it now.

                                            • Jeff Belyea
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                                Great. You know where to
                                                draw the line.
                                                Nice roster of teachers.
                                                Obviously, you also know
                                                where to look for authenticity.

                                                <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                                > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                                > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                                > >
                                                > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                                > just
                                                > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                                > lifetime.
                                                > >
                                                > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                                > of
                                                > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                                > >
                                                > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                                > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                                > >
                                                > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                                > >
                                                > > Dreams will not bother me
                                                > >
                                                > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                                > >
                                                > > I will be a benefit to others
                                                > >
                                                > > Life will get better for me
                                                > >
                                                > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                                                Search.