Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
      A student asked Nasrudin:
      "What is the secret of your serenity?"
      The Mullah answered:
      "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
        Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
        regards

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
          "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

          > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
          > regards

          Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
          Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
          life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
          natural thing as well as the thing that few people
          appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
          seems to me that it is as if people think
          there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
          all the time in the world to stop suffering
          causing actions and to replace them with
          selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
          have recognized our mortality a door opens that
          lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
          I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
          means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
          Peace and blessings.

          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A student asked Nasrudin:
          > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
          > > The Mullah answered:
          > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

        • westwindwood2003
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > A student asked Nasrudin:
            > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
            > The Mullah answered:
            > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

            If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You just
            do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
              "You just
              do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."

              Who does know the intention of God?
              regards

              --- In
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
              <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

              medit8ionsociety
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A student asked Nasrudin:
              > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
              > > The Mullah answered:
              > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
              > >
              > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
              just
              > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

            • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 26, 2008
                Should one imagine God outside of him/her self ?

                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000
                Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mullah Nasrudin Tells It Like It Is

                <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

                > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                medit8ionsociety
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                > > The Mullah answered:
                > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                > >
                > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                just
                > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
              • sean tremblay
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                  Just to chime in here,  It seems every day is a death or a dying. Every day something gives in or lets go.  Change and transformation are inevitable.  I had a dream last week that I died it was very real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went blank.  In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now I stopped fighting"  She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let go.  At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody else.
                  Sean

                  "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ ...> wrote:

                  > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                  > regards

                  Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                  Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                  life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                  natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                  appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                  seems to me that it is as if people think
                  there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                  all the time in the world to stop suffering
                  causing actions and to replace them with
                  selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                  have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                  lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                  I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                  means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                  Peace and blessings.
                  Bob

                  > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
                  > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                  > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                  > > The Mullah answered:
                  > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."

                • John Balch
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                    Should one imagine God outside of him/her self?  I have never though about that before.  When first starting on meditation, I found there definitely was a split in personality between God and myself, although God would give direct information on how I should go on with my life, not that I would want to do that because of my ego.  After decades meditating it seems the two are converging personality wise, but there are still lifetimes to go for that process.

                    To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                    Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:58:41 +0000

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                      Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will eventually find out God's intention.

                      <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote:

                      > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                      medit8ionsociety
                      > <no_reply@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                      > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                      > > The Mullah answered:
                      > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                      > >
                      > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                      just
                      > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                    • Gregory Hoffman
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                        Dear John,

                        What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that is why  Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at once, with perfect planning.

                        The individual personality, my own included, takes everything that God does, and complains about it.

                        But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems terrible.

                        The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will, that is written in every man's heart.

                        Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                        And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to serve God.

                        If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you need.

                        That is what I notice.

                        What do you think.
                        Your Friend,
                        Greg

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                          Change come to all things the universe is in a constant flux, Some would say God is only known as God is revealed.  There are however measurable and predictable forces within the universe a rhyme or reason it would seem.  The flux and change is like a current that we are swept up in.  To fight against the current will exhaust you, cause you pain cause you to sink and drown, to swim with the current it soon becomes more effortless or less exhausting you can pass through the life stream with ease and enjoy the ride, This being the Will of God for lack of a better term is constant and moves weather you accept it or not like the rising of the sun. The first step is letting go.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                            Oh sean dear! Do not die even in dream. Reverse ageing.
                            regards

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 27, 2008
                              Surrender and live in "NOW". Come away from this pain body.

                              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                              Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                              <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                              > Just to chime in here, It seems every day is a death or a dying.
                              Every day something gives in or lets go. Change and transformation
                              are inevitable. I had a dream last week that I died it was very
                              real and there was nothing on the other side I just slowly went
                              blank. In my dream before that happened I told my wife "Its OK now
                              I stopped fighting" She laid me on the couch to be with me as I let
                              go. At one point I started laughing and I said "Who's gonna wear my
                              cloths?" which I thought was funny because they wouldn't fit anybody
                              else.
                              > Sean
                              >
                              > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
                              > "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Is so called 'natural' death inevitable? I think, "NO"
                              > > regards
                              > >
                              > Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
                              > Just about the most inevitable thing we have in our
                              > life is the surety of its ending. Death is also a
                              > natural thing as well as the thing that few people
                              > appreciate will actually happen to them. It often
                              > seems to me that it is as if people think
                              > there will always be a tomorrow and that there is
                              > all the time in the world to stop suffering
                              > causing actions and to replace them with
                              > selfless righteous activity. I think that when we
                              > have recognized our mortality a door opens that
                              > lets compassion and humility come rushing in.
                              > I hope you will share more of what your "NO"
                              > means relative to death's 'natural' and inevitable nature.
                              > Peace and blessings.
                              > Bob
                              >
                              > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                              medit8ionsociety
                              > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                              > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                              > > > The Mullah answered:
                              > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                              > > >

                              > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                              It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                            • sean tremblay
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                                I think that was exactly what the dream was about, Surrender, stop fighting

                                To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
                                From: jogeshwarmahanta@ yahoo.com
                                Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:19:26 +0000

                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                                  My fate is based on my past karma, my past actions, and that has to
                                  frame my ongoing experience to live. You could say I do not know
                                  God's plan and just go with fate, but I do have free will in this
                                  enfolding life to go with God's suggestions about how I should work
                                  out karma. In the past I did certain things and that has made me
                                  what I am, my personality. The situation I am in moment to moment
                                  comes into awareness with meditation. I can discern what that is and
                                  get answers on how to proceed if I am enlightened. What I mean by
                                  enlightened is that at one point in my existence on earth, I had an
                                  experience of meeting God. If I desire, I can have that experience
                                  again and again while meditating and get God's wisdom to do the
                                  actions that I should in order to work out my karma. Actual answers
                                  come to me that are consistent, hurt no one, are not of my
                                  personality because I would rather do as my ego wants, and I just
                                  have to do it to make things better, change my karma. In looking
                                  back on what led to enlightenment, I believe I was just ready to pick
                                  up that working on my karma. I almost didn't do follow that path
                                  that enlightenment facilitates, somehow God recognized that I could
                                  do the work because I had reached a situation where I knew I needed
                                  help with an unsatisfactory life of mine. I do not think
                                  enlightenment would have happened unless I was at the point of giving
                                  my life over to that direction found in enlightenment.

                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Hoffman
                                  <magicalmanhattan@...> wrote:

                                  > Dear John,
                                  >
                                  > What I notice, is that God's intentions are too mysterious for
                                  the mind to comprehend. God is doing an infinite number of things at
                                  once, and he knows exactly why he is doing each one. A speck of dust
                                  does not fall off of a table, without God planning it. I think that
                                  is why Indian Gods have so many arms and legs; in order to convey
                                  God's incredible consioucness, which is able to do so many things at
                                  once, with perfect planning.

                                  > The individual personality, my own included, takes everything
                                  that God does, and complains about it.

                                  > But, God is always acting in our interest, even if it seems
                                  terrible.

                                  > The best thing is to follow the rules, the "Torah," if you will,
                                  that is written in every man's heart.

                                  > Every man knows when he is doing the right thing. It does not
                                  matter what other people do. It only matters what you do.

                                  > And as men, our needs must always come last, or be put in the
                                  perscpective of being met to the degree that we are best able to
                                  serve God.

                                  > If these rules are followed, God will always give you exactly
                                  what you need to grow, and become closer to him. It may not be what
                                  you want, in order to make "yourself," happy, but it will be what you
                                  need.

                                  > That is what I notice.
                                  >
                                  > What do you think.
                                  > Your Friend,
                                  > Greg
                                  >
                                  > John Balch <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
                                  > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                                  eventually find out God's intention.

                                  > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: "You just
                                  > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                                  >
                                  > Who does know the intention of God?
                                  > regards
                                  >
                                  > --- In
                                  > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                                  > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                                  > medit8ionsociety
                                  > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > A student asked Nasrudin:
                                  > > > "What is the secret of your serenity?"
                                  > > > The Mullah answered:
                                  > > > "Wholehearted cooperation with the inevitable."
                                  > > >
                                  > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life. You
                                  > just
                                  > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.
                                  > >

                                  > ---------------------------------

                                • jogeshwarmahanta
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 28, 2008
                                    Very beautiful account.

                                    <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                    you
                                    > need.
                                    > >
                                    > > That is what I notice.
                                    > >
                                    > > What do you think.
                                    > > Your Friend,
                                    > > Greg
                                    > >
                                    > > John Balch <westwindwood2003@> wrote:
                                    > > Anyone who takes up meditation and works at it will
                                    > eventually find out God's intention.
                                    > >
                                    > > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote: "You just
                                    > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation."
                                    > >
                                    > > Who does know the intention of God?
                                    > > regards
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In
                                    > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                                    > > <westwindwood2003@> wrote:

                                    > > medit8ionsociety

                                    > > > If you are a meditator, the inevitable unfolds in your life.
                                    You
                                    > > just
                                    > > > do what God wants with wholehearted cooperation.

                                  • westwindwood2003
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                      Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                      meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                      meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                      problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.

                                      One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at something
                                      that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                      as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.

                                      Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?

                                      I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.

                                      Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                      into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?

                                      What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying to
                                      get out of chores?

                                      Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something about
                                      to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                      with no resolution possible.

                                      I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                      are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money on
                                      meditators, for example just look at the Internet

                                      When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                      ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                      the change.

                                      Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                      will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                      change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.

                                      It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets just
                                      enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other lifetime.

                                      Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think of
                                      about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.

                                      I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                      will find me a lot easier to be with.

                                      Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.

                                      Dreams will not bother me

                                      Anything in life can be dealt with

                                      I will be a benefit to others

                                      Life will get better for me

                                      Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                      enlightenment process
                                    • sean tremblay

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
                                          So long one searches 45 minutes a day he/she can never progress. It
                                          is 24 hours affair. For that, I have made myself a DWCL(Daily Wager
                                          Continuous Labourer). Continuous means shayane/in sleep,swapane/in
                                          dream, jagarane/in waking state and in diversone/in diverson.

                                          If one needs wage how can he/she neglect the labour?

                                          <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                          > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking
                                          up
                                          > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                          > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                          > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                          >

                                          > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                          something
                                          > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything
                                          else
                                          > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                          >
                                          > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                          >
                                          > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                          >
                                          > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                          > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                          >
                                          > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                          > get out of chores?
                                          >
                                          > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                          about
                                          > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                          > with no resolution possible.
                                          >
                                          > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                          > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                          on
                                          > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                          >
                                          > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma
                                          driven
                                          > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                          > the change.
                                          >
                                          > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                          > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                          > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                          >
                                          > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                          just
                                          > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                          lifetime.

                                          > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                          of
                                          > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                          >
                                          > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                          > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                          >
                                          > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                          >
                                          > Dreams will not bother me
                                          >
                                          > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                          >
                                          > I will be a benefit to others
                                          >
                                          > Life will get better for me
                                          >
                                          > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                          > enlightenment process

                                        • Jeff Belyea
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                            Sean -

                                            While I am not an advocate
                                            of devotion to any one teacher,
                                            I do feel that a teacher who
                                            "appears" on your path with
                                            teachings that resonate as
                                            attractive and compelling
                                            can be valuable.

                                            A teacher who can speak authentically
                                            about their own experiences (which
                                            is the only premise for authenticity
                                            and the only platform for teaching)
                                            can inspire the student to believe in,
                                            expect, and move forward toward
                                            their greater potential and/or their
                                            desire for accomplishment - from
                                            anything from quitting smoking to
                                            finding peace of mind.

                                            Meditation, as you wrote, is
                                            easy and natural, but the mindset
                                            approaching meditation, and the
                                            nuances of "techniques" can
                                            make the difference between
                                            a quiet time of relaxation and
                                            the opening of a new door
                                            of perception.

                                            Best,

                                            Jeff

                                            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                                            > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                            we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                            personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                            around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                            personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                            someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                            falls short of my potential.

                                            > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: Here are
                                            all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                            > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                            > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                            > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                            >
                                            > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                            something
                                            > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                            > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                            >
                                            > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                            >
                                            > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                            >
                                            > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                            > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                            >
                                            > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                            > get out of chores?
                                            >
                                            > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                            about
                                            > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                            > with no resolution possible.
                                            >
                                            > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                            > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                            on
                                            > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                            >
                                            > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                            > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                            > the change.
                                            >
                                            > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                            > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                            > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                            >
                                            > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                            just
                                            > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                            lifetime.

                                            > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                            of
                                            > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                            >
                                            > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                            > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                            >
                                            > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                            >
                                            > Dreams will not bother me
                                            >
                                            > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                            >
                                            > I will be a benefit to others
                                            >
                                            > Life will get better for me
                                            >
                                            > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                            > enlightenment process
                                            >

                                            > ---------------------------------
                                            Try it now.

                                          • Jeff Belyea
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                                              To highlight one of the problems
                                              or resistances to truly entering
                                              meditation, it is important to
                                              recognize that a language barrier
                                              also exists.

                                              When "problems" are listed as
                                              preparation for meditation, the
                                              words do not resonate at the
                                              same depth for a beginning, or
                                              even experienced meditator, as
                                              they do for those who have
                                              been graced with crossing the
                                              threshold of enlightenment.

                                              For example, the mention of
                                              sufering when encountering
                                              the giving up of ego attachments
                                              - this feels like certain "death"
                                              when reached in full technocolor.

                                              Only the truly committed or
                                              truly desperate - those who
                                              are wiling to risk death -
                                              will take on this one. It is
                                              the turning back point for many
                                              dabblers in meditation.

                                              In essence, there is no possible
                                              preparation for what is experienced
                                              in depth meditation. It is beyond
                                              words or description. It cannot
                                              really be "sought" in any real
                                              sense. If peace of mind is sought,
                                              the manner in which it presents
                                              is startling, and in no way
                                              resembles any preconceived notion.
                                              The linear mind cannot anticipate
                                              or grasp the experience - yet, it
                                              delights in the result.

                                              <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                                              > Here are all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                              > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                              > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                              > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                              >

                                              > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                              something
                                              > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                              > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                              >
                                              > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                              >
                                              > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                              >
                                              > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                              > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                              >
                                              > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                              > get out of chores?
                                              >
                                              > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                              about
                                              > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                              > with no resolution possible.
                                              >
                                              > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                              > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                              on
                                              > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                              >
                                              > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                              > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                              > the change.
                                              >
                                              > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                              > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                              > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                              >
                                              > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                              just
                                              > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                              lifetime.

                                              > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                              of
                                              > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                              >
                                              > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                              > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                              >
                                              > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                              >
                                              > Dreams will not bother me
                                              >
                                              > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                              >
                                              > I will be a benefit to others
                                              >
                                              > Life will get better for me
                                              >
                                              > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                              > enlightenment process

                                            • sean tremblay
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                                Agreed,
                                                Like in my fairly recent Ashtanga experiments, it's good to have a teacher to point out the small stuff like a quarter inch here or there.  But it still boils down to doing it. We can find our peace in many ways.  I have found it in Diving, submerged in an alien world leave all the hate and dicontent on the surface all you have is the rythme of your breathing echoing in the hat, the near wieghtlessness and your your project at hand.  I have found teachers who for a short time have left something of an impression, but I maintain that my greatest teachers have been the trailor park sages, vagabond poets, street ascetics and cowboy philosophers.

                                                <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

                                                > I believe anybody that lives in the world faces these problems and
                                                we all have the answers to them. As for finding a teacher I
                                                personally would not follow any one teacher, I think teachers are all
                                                around you. Meditating like running, you don't need a coach or
                                                personal trainer to accomplish your goals. And I am speaking as
                                                someone who often gets caught up in the rigmarole of daily life and
                                                falls short of my potential.

                                                > westwindwood2003 <westwindwood2003@ ...> wrote: Here are
                                                all the problems I can think of at the moment in taking up
                                                > meditation. I list these, not because I wish to discourage
                                                > meditation, but to allow to can plan ahead. If one works out the
                                                > problems and issues ahead of time, success is more likely.
                                                >
                                                > One knows what they are doing with their life, why look at
                                                something
                                                > that requires disturbing the status quo. I don't need anything else
                                                > as my own clever mind to guide me in my life's decisions.
                                                >
                                                > Could meditation somehow hurt me in a psychological way?
                                                >
                                                > I will need approximately 45 minutes out of a busy day to meditate.
                                                >
                                                > Can I find a place to meditate with kids making noise and getting
                                                > into mischief; do I have a spouse or someone to watch the kids?
                                                >
                                                > What will my acquaintances and relatives think I am up to, trying
                                                > get out of chores?
                                                >
                                                > Feelings will surface in meditation I will have to do something
                                                about
                                                > to resolve them or the same feeling will come back again and again
                                                > with no resolution possible.
                                                >
                                                > I will have to find a teacher I trust, and how will I know if they
                                                > are trustworthy and wise. A lot of people are trying to make money
                                                on
                                                > meditators, for example just look at the Internet
                                                >
                                                > When enlightenment happens, I will suffer giving up my karma driven
                                                > ego attachments and will be find it is all I can do to get through
                                                > the change.
                                                >
                                                > Enlightenment will give me guidance on how to conduct my life. I
                                                > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                                > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                                >
                                                > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                                just
                                                > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                                lifetime.

                                                > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                                of
                                                > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                                >
                                                > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                                > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                                >
                                                > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                                >
                                                > Dreams will not bother me
                                                >
                                                > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                                >
                                                > I will be a benefit to others
                                                >
                                                > Life will get better for me
                                                >
                                                > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the
                                                > enlightenment process
                                                >

                                                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                                Try it now.

                                              • Jeff Belyea
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                                                  Great. You know where to
                                                  draw the line.
                                                  Nice roster of teachers.
                                                  Obviously, you also know
                                                  where to look for authenticity.

                                                  <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                                  > > will be directed to change my behavior, and that will eventually
                                                  > > change my personality and I like my personality the way it is.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > It probably will take lifetimes to work out all my karma so lets
                                                  > just
                                                  > > enjoy life now and worry about working things out some other
                                                  > lifetime.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Off the top of my head, here are some positive things I can think
                                                  > of
                                                  > > about meditation. Maybe you can think of some more benefits.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I will be a lot calmer about what is happening in my life. People
                                                  > > will find me a lot easier to be with.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Problems in my subconscious that rule my actions will be revealed.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Dreams will not bother me
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Anything in life can be dealt with
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I will be a benefit to others
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Life will get better for me
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Problems that I cannot solve myself I can turn over to the

                                                  Search.