RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Scientists Explore Consciousness

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 24, 2008
      There is none in the vast ocean of consciousness, to speak for himself or about himself !

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: thebluze@...
      Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 07:15:45 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Scientists Explore Consciousness

      what great thought and life there is

      it's no easy feat to go through everyday with "no" ego and bring only
      the purest most heavenly karma. to "denigrate no one" is to instantly
      forgive everyone and anyone for any perceived transgression against
      the "ego" one's higher consciousness perceives, or realizes, perhaps
      like water passing over pebbles ? higher still, like water over sand ?

      is there a limit to conciousness ? mindfulness. or does one cease to
      care after reaching enlightenment ?

      <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

      > I like that
      >
      > Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:
      Action ceases and the actor disappears into the action. Action and
      actor are not two different entities.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      > From: bethjams9@.. .
      > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:12:20 -0800
      > Subject: RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Scientists Explore
      Consciousness

      > Then what is action?
      >
      > Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:
      Certainly it cannot be an experience, for the experiencer himself has
      merged with the experience ! There is none to explain the experience.
      The two [division] becomes one and only one.[This is known as Advaita
      in the Indian Hindu philosophy] In such a stage, the action takes
      place with or without the actor since action and the actor become one.
      The action without any will on the part of the actor. Realised souls
      cannot and will not distinguish the act and the actor.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      > From: bethjams9@.. .
      > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:24:14 -0800
      > Subject: RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Scientists Explore
      Consciousness

      > Can action void of Will be explained, or just experienced?
      >
      > Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote: For
      egoless souls, action will be without any volition. 'Will' will be
      absent in their actions.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > To: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
      > From: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...
      > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:45:38 +0000
      > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Scientists Explore
      Consciousness

> [...]
      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Post ads
      > > > for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in> > >
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > > > >
      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Post ads
      > > > for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in> > >
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Post
      > ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in> > >
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > >> >> > this is an
      > interesting thread.> > I have done yoga, of and on, mostly off, for
      > over 30 years.> > I suffered a severe back injury 10 years ago. I
      > ruptured 3 discs in> my back simultaneously. My spine was severely
      > bent at about a 25> degree angle at the thoracic junction. I was in
      > constant pain for many> years. The doctors told me they could put
      > a "broomstick" up my back> or I could deal with the pain and "let
      > nature take it's course". They> also told me my spine would
      > heal "fused" and I would "never" get the> 25 degree scolosis "curve"
      > out of my back that it would be forever be> part of my "posture".> >
      > Now 10 years later, there is no abnormal lateral curve in my spine.
      > I> can touch the floor in front of me with the bottom knuckles of
      > the> backs of my hands and even flatten them for temporary
      > stretching. I do> not do full yoga workouts, but I stretch my back
      > and relieve the> deformed areas of my spine. I have a good doctor
      > who encourages my> mental and physical disciplines I utilize to deal
      > with disabilities> and former injuries. I also use an "inversion
      > table" which allows me> to stretch "upside down" at various angles.
      > The curve left my> thoracic nd lumbar spine without this equipment
      > though. It was done> through breathing and stretching, up to three
      > hours a day, and> meditating twice a day up to two hours a day.> > I
      > believe all we need to heal chronic health conditions is in our>
      > minds and our bodies, though strong nutrition and a healthy diet
      > with> locally grown organic produce, herbs, and greens, important as
      > well.> > I believe 90 percent of your health is in your mind, and
      > strong> positive healing energy is sustainable by the thoughts you
      > think and> how you breathe every breath you take. I also believe the
      > purer the> water one drinks. the better one's health will be. I also
      > believe> meditating in outdoor wooded settings is beneficial as
      > well.> > just some thoughts and practices, that have been helpful
      > for myself.> > namaste> J> > > > > > > ------------ --------- ---------
      > ---> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
      > Yahoo! Search.>

      > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
      > > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221
      > >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!

      Try it now.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      Search.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      Search.

      Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 2 10:14 AM
        Dear J,Since when I read this condition of yours somehow you
        occupied my mind. In your latest post when you asked for simulated
        dreams/translogical exercises, I thought that these are no good for
        you as I initiate these exercises just for freshers into the field.
        Then what do I give to you?

        Please go to "google alert".Fill in "human neuroplasticity". You
        will get every information on human neuroplasticity in your E-mail
        ID. Some are trash. Some are just commercial. But you will get great
        ideas befitting to you too. I will be happy to hear about the great
        ideas you get.
        Good luck.
        regards