What is this "Ranch"?

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
      I keep seeing the word "Ranch". What is it?

      Is it another group?
      Where is it?
      What happens there?

      Are we all invited?

      ...Tony
    • tosime
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
        I find the banter very entertaining.

        It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
        perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
        up kissing each other since they really are in love.

        ...Tony
      • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea
          <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
          > Sweet friend, Judi -
          >
          > Can you possibly keep your
          > slasher tongue in its holster
          > long enough to read more
          > than one sentence? Your
          > self-contradiction is
          > showing all over the place.
          > You say it's not joy, but you call
          > it pure joy.

          ***** Big difference. It's "indistinguishable".

          It's not experience

          ******** Yep.

          > New is necessarily experiential,
          > perception is experiential -

          ****** Nope, for "experience" to be, there would have to be
          an "experiencer", of which there is none. :-)

          > understanding is experiential.

          ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
          Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.

          > Semantic hair-splitting
          > just to be an antagonist
          > is your tiresome game.

          ******** It's not hair-splitting Jeff, it's just the way it is.
          You're splitting yourself off as the "haver" of experience.
          Into good and bad experience, which is true for you, but not for me,
          I see all experience for what it is. Therein lies the difference.

          > And speaking of place, this
          > really isn't the place for this,
          > but I'm tired of stepping
          > in your smelly bullshit
          > everywhere I go...and I want
          > a shoot out, Rocky.
          >
          > Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
          > I'll be on your trail. I don't
          > like your style, but I grew
          > up with people who walked it
          > and talked it, and I'm willing
          > and able to stand my ground
          > against your bluster, buster.

          ****** Take another look, you have no "ground" to stand on.
          Or more to the point, your "ground" is your own ego.

          ******** Yes, we're "boring" as hell. :-)

          > They didn't scare me off, my
          > side was hurting from laughing
          > at their naivety, pompous parroting,
          > and pitiful pandering to you.
          > You talk about others wanting fawning
          > disciples.

          ***** There's no such "fawning" going on.

          What do you have at

          ****** Well, you're right there. Got plenty of nothing. :-)

          ***** Not true, you just didn't like the answers you got.

          > You, I challenge to duel...
          > Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
          > at 50 paces. That's about
          > all you got other than
          > a bundt pan.
          >
          > Still reading?...
          >
          > On July 21, 1975 at about
          > 9:30am my life changed, a
          > door opened. It was not a flash,
          > not a la la la moment, it was a
          > permanent shift of identity,
          > a new awareness of a reality
          > that I had been separated
          > from - a separate reality -
          > until known, a new overriding
          > current running through my every
          > conscious moment from that
          > moment on. And it was and is
          > blissful, peaceful beyond
          > understanding, and full of joy.
          > Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
          > a bold and bad-ass ego, or
          > that I run from a scrap.
          >
          > Not all sages are milquetoasts,
          > the best of them have been
          > known to fashion a whip and
          > crack a few heads.
          >
          > Whatever I choose to call
          > my awakening experience
          > cannot be negated by your
          > constant carping. Its wasted.
          > The person who entered
          > the meditation center,
          > after 24 years of seeking,
          > never left. He ceased to exit.
          > (Sound familiar?)
          >
          > So you don't subscribe to
          > the Boddisattva vow? I do.
          > I took it. I honor it.

          ******* I chuckle. :-) LOL You are too funny Jeff!
          What the hell you honoring? LOL Don't be ridiculous.
          Give it a rest. :-)

          Judi
        • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
            Giddy up.
          • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime" <
              tosime@b...> wrote:

              > I find the banter very entertaining.
              >
              > It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
              > perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
              > up kissing each other since they really are in love.
              >
              > ...Tony

              Well, thanks a lot, Tony. You gave
              the whole plot away. I want a refund.

              Love,

              Jeff
            • tosime
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                oooops...."sorry-o" - as we say in pigeon english over here.

                ...Tony

                PS - What is the "Ranch"?

                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                  Hi, again, Tony -

                  The Ranch is another group site
                  run by Judi.She approves all members
                  before they can join and moderates all
                  messages before they are posted.

                  A word to the wise. She's on her
                  best behavior here. She's ruthless
                  at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                  End of The Rope, Ranch.

                  Best,

                  Jeff
                • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                      ****** No, that's not true. No posts are moderated.

                      > A word to the wise. She's on her
                      > best behavior here. She's ruthless
                      > at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                      > End of The Rope, Ranch.

                      ******* Well that's why I don't people with anger problems on.
                      If someone has an anger problem, they got to work that out first.
                      There's a certain level of emotional maturity that's required. And
                      I'm not mean by any means, but rarely do I ever pull any punches
                      either, but it's all done in love, good fun and humor. And everyone
                      seems to have a good time.

                      Judi

                    • markwotter704 <markwotter704@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 7, 2003
                        Hi Tony,

                        the ranch is a place where folks go to be slaughtered. Sounds like
                        fun, huh?

                        Mark