Re: So You Think You're Enlightened?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16 12:22 PM
      "jvmarco" <jvmarco@...> wrote:

      > OSHO: Anybody who gives you a belief system is your enemy
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEIeRSLb8k&feature=related
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEIeRSLb8k&feature=related>
      >

      > The true teaching?
      > http://www.fourthway.us/teaching.html
      > <http://www.fourthway.us/teaching.html>

      Yo JV,
      You've pointed us to two teachers who I think
      it wise to heed the ancient advise that says
      to listen to the message and not focus on the
      messenger. Osho is perhaps one the most controversial
      Guru's ever, what with his sexual antics, his
      Rolls Royces, his followers attempt at
      poisoning a town, and so on, but he did share
      some meditative concepts and techniques that
      potentially have great beneficial aspects.
      Gangaji also shares many things worth meditating
      on and about, but she too has "things" that
      distract from her message, like her hiding
      her husband's cheating on her, and other
      things that I found were well stated in a "review"
      of her video on You tube that said the following:
      "Apparently Papaji (Gangaji's teacher/Guru) said
      that he meant for the Westerners to send people
      to him for enlightenment not to start charging
      money and setting themselves up as teachers. He
      said that they were enlightened only in his
      presence but could not maintain that state and
      were not truly enlightened. I'm sure her delusion
      is most sincere."
      So, without any personal judgement about how Enlightened
      Osho or Gangaji are or aren't, I think it well
      worth restating the wisdom St, Dylan spoke of...
      "Don't follow leaders. Watch the parking meters."