Re: THE SAGE'S VIEW OF THE WORLD

  • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

      > ****** I know how desperately you want to be a "teacher", whatever
      > sort of egotistical nonsense THAT is? I suggest you stick
      > to "teaching" the piano. Now you might consider me a "teacher"
      > because I'm telling you to knock the hell it off! Your "slip" is
      > showing. I'm not a teacher, I'm your friend. You should learn the
      > difference.
      >
      > Judi

      ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of you "peddlers"
      trying to push some "product" of which there is none! Your "product"
      is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.

      Judi
    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

        > ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of
        you "peddlers"
        > trying to push some "product" of which there is none!
        Your "product"
        > is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.
        >
        > Judi

        ******** And if you guys can't see that, heaven help us all!
        I'd rather hang with a goddamn used car salesman than to look at the
        likes of you "teachers" and "gurus".

        Judi
      • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
          Sweet friend, Judi -

          Can you possibly keep your
          slasher tongue in its holster
          long enough to read more
          than one sentence? Your
          self-contradiction is
          showing all over the place.
          You say it's not joy, but you call
          it pure joy. It's not experience
          but you call it a new
          perceptual condition.
          New is necessarily experiential,
          perception is experiential -
          understanding is experiential.
          Semantic hair-splitting
          just to be an antagonist
          is your tiresome game.

          And speaking of place, this
          really isn't the place for this,
          but I'm tired of stepping
          in your smelly bullshit
          everywhere I go...and I want
          a shoot out, Rocky.

          Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
          I'll be on your trail. I don't
          like your style, but I grew
          up with people who walked it
          and talked it, and I'm willing
          and able to stand my ground
          against your bluster, buster.

          I guess you don't have enough
          to rant about at the ranch.
          You got an extra bunk?.
          You didn't run me off, you
          invited me back "anytime".
          Still a standing invitation?
          You'll have your boys there.

          I left because your juvenile boys
          grew ridiculously boring.
          They didn't scare me off, my
          side was hurting from laughing
          at their naivety, pompous parroting,
          and pitiful pandering to you.
          You talk about others wanting fawning
          disciples. What do you have at
          the ranch? They got nothing.
          Less than Snarlo's Guru Raters,
          even.

          And get real, you jumped around
          like a tenderfoot with someone
          shooting at her feet when my
          inquiries got too hot.

          You, I challenge to duel...
          Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
          at 50 paces. That's about
          all you got other than
          a bundt pan.

          Still reading?...

          On July 21, 1975 at about
          9:30am my life changed, a
          door opened. It was not a flash,
          not a la la la moment, it was a
          permanent shift of identity,
          a new awareness of a reality
          that I had been separated
          from - a separate reality -
          until known, a new overriding
          current running through my every
          conscious moment from that
          moment on. And it was and is
          blissful, peaceful beyond
          understanding, and full of joy.
          Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
          a bold and bad-ass ego, or
          that I run from a scrap.

          Not all sages are milquetoasts,
          the best of them have been
          known to fashion a whip and
          crack a few heads.

          Whatever I choose to call
          my awakening experience
          cannot be negated by your
          constant carping. Its wasted.
          The person who entered
          the meditation center,
          after 24 years of seeking,
          never left. He ceased to exit.
          (Sound familiar?)

          So you don't subscribe to
          the Boddisattva vow? I do.
          I took it. I honor it.

          Your shots at my ego
          are in vain. I grin
          and bear it, because I don't
          miss the wry smile behind
          all your seeming ferocity.

          But for the sake of
          those who are here
          for inquiry...

          Can't you ever just shut
          the fuck up, and let someone
          speak without whacking them on
          the head with your tight-ass,
          self-righteous, know-it-all
          table of the Judi commandments?

          Your need to straighten
          out all the error you
          see in everyone else
          might have something to
          do with the ego you
          consistently see
          all around you.

          Rude enough to win
          you over?

          Your blissed out bawdy friend,

          Jeff

          PS: My apologies to the gentle folks here
          for this evening's R-Rated entertainment.
          Somewhere there's a lesson here.I'm going
          to go see what's cookin' at the ranch.
        • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
            Aha! Struck a nerve did I? Well there you have it.
            Sure, come on over the ranch, I'm not the only one who can see
            through your "pink experiential panties". :-)

            Judi

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea

          • tosime
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
              I keep seeing the word "Ranch". What is it?

              Is it another group?
              Where is it?
              What happens there?

              Are we all invited?

              ...Tony
            • tosime
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                I find the banter very entertaining.

                It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                up kissing each other since they really are in love.

                ...Tony
              • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                  <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
                  > Sweet friend, Judi -
                  >
                  > Can you possibly keep your
                  > slasher tongue in its holster
                  > long enough to read more
                  > than one sentence? Your
                  > self-contradiction is
                  > showing all over the place.
                  > You say it's not joy, but you call
                  > it pure joy.

                  ***** Big difference. It's "indistinguishable".

                  It's not experience

                  ******** Yep.

                  > New is necessarily experiential,
                  > perception is experiential -

                  ****** Nope, for "experience" to be, there would have to be
                  an "experiencer", of which there is none. :-)

                  > understanding is experiential.

                  ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
                  Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.

                  > Semantic hair-splitting
                  > just to be an antagonist
                  > is your tiresome game.

                  ******** It's not hair-splitting Jeff, it's just the way it is.
                  You're splitting yourself off as the "haver" of experience.
                  Into good and bad experience, which is true for you, but not for me,
                  I see all experience for what it is. Therein lies the difference.

                  > And speaking of place, this
                  > really isn't the place for this,
                  > but I'm tired of stepping
                  > in your smelly bullshit
                  > everywhere I go...and I want
                  > a shoot out, Rocky.
                  >
                  > Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
                  > I'll be on your trail. I don't
                  > like your style, but I grew
                  > up with people who walked it
                  > and talked it, and I'm willing
                  > and able to stand my ground
                  > against your bluster, buster.

                  ****** Take another look, you have no "ground" to stand on.
                  Or more to the point, your "ground" is your own ego.

                  ******** Yes, we're "boring" as hell. :-)

                  > They didn't scare me off, my
                  > side was hurting from laughing
                  > at their naivety, pompous parroting,
                  > and pitiful pandering to you.
                  > You talk about others wanting fawning
                  > disciples.

                  ***** There's no such "fawning" going on.

                  What do you have at

                  ****** Well, you're right there. Got plenty of nothing. :-)

                  ***** Not true, you just didn't like the answers you got.

                  > You, I challenge to duel...
                  > Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
                  > at 50 paces. That's about
                  > all you got other than
                  > a bundt pan.
                  >
                  > Still reading?...
                  >
                  > On July 21, 1975 at about
                  > 9:30am my life changed, a
                  > door opened. It was not a flash,
                  > not a la la la moment, it was a
                  > permanent shift of identity,
                  > a new awareness of a reality
                  > that I had been separated
                  > from - a separate reality -
                  > until known, a new overriding
                  > current running through my every
                  > conscious moment from that
                  > moment on. And it was and is
                  > blissful, peaceful beyond
                  > understanding, and full of joy.
                  > Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
                  > a bold and bad-ass ego, or
                  > that I run from a scrap.
                  >
                  > Not all sages are milquetoasts,
                  > the best of them have been
                  > known to fashion a whip and
                  > crack a few heads.
                  >
                  > Whatever I choose to call
                  > my awakening experience
                  > cannot be negated by your
                  > constant carping. Its wasted.
                  > The person who entered
                  > the meditation center,
                  > after 24 years of seeking,
                  > never left. He ceased to exit.
                  > (Sound familiar?)
                  >
                  > So you don't subscribe to
                  > the Boddisattva vow? I do.
                  > I took it. I honor it.

                  ******* I chuckle. :-) LOL You are too funny Jeff!
                  What the hell you honoring? LOL Don't be ridiculous.
                  Give it a rest. :-)

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                    Giddy up.
                  • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime" <
                      tosime@b...> wrote:

                      > I find the banter very entertaining.
                      >
                      > It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                      > perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                      > up kissing each other since they really are in love.
                      >
                      > ...Tony

                      Well, thanks a lot, Tony. You gave
                      the whole plot away. I want a refund.

                      Love,

                      Jeff
                    • tosime
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                        oooops...."sorry-o" - as we say in pigeon english over here.

                        ...Tony

                        PS - What is the "Ranch"?

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                          Hi, again, Tony -

                          The Ranch is another group site
                          run by Judi.She approves all members
                          before they can join and moderates all
                          messages before they are posted.

                          A word to the wise. She's on her
                          best behavior here. She's ruthless
                          at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                          End of The Rope, Ranch.

                          Best,

                          Jeff
                        • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                              ****** No, that's not true. No posts are moderated.

                              > A word to the wise. She's on her
                              > best behavior here. She's ruthless
                              > at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                              > End of The Rope, Ranch.

                              ******* Well that's why I don't people with anger problems on.
                              If someone has an anger problem, they got to work that out first.
                              There's a certain level of emotional maturity that's required. And
                              I'm not mean by any means, but rarely do I ever pull any punches
                              either, but it's all done in love, good fun and humor. And everyone
                              seems to have a good time.

                              Judi

                            • markwotter704 <markwotter704@yahoo.com>
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 7, 2003
                                Hi Tony,

                                the ranch is a place where folks go to be slaughtered. Sounds like
                                fun, huh?

                                Mark