Re: THE SAGE'S VIEW OF THE WORLD

  • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
      > *finally* seen for the nonsense that it is - an "experiential
      > adventure", which is either suffered OR enjoyed. In other words, I
      > now laugh in the face of bliss. I laugh at it all. There is now
      only
      > freedom, and I am it. And so are you, but you persist in holding on
      > to your "experience" as though there's something "wunnerful" about
      > it. :-) Does "ego" have any relevance here?
      >
      > Judi

      ****** I know how desperately you want to be a "teacher", whatever
      sort of egotistical nonsense THAT is? I suggest you stick
      to "teaching" the piano. Now you might consider me a "teacher"
      because I'm telling you to knock the hell it off! Your "slip" is
      showing. I'm not a teacher, I'm your friend. You should learn the
      difference.

      Judi
    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

        > ****** I know how desperately you want to be a "teacher", whatever
        > sort of egotistical nonsense THAT is? I suggest you stick
        > to "teaching" the piano. Now you might consider me a "teacher"
        > because I'm telling you to knock the hell it off! Your "slip" is
        > showing. I'm not a teacher, I'm your friend. You should learn the
        > difference.
        >
        > Judi

        ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of you "peddlers"
        trying to push some "product" of which there is none! Your "product"
        is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.

        Judi
      • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

          > ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of
          you "peddlers"
          > trying to push some "product" of which there is none!
          Your "product"
          > is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.
          >
          > Judi

          ******** And if you guys can't see that, heaven help us all!
          I'd rather hang with a goddamn used car salesman than to look at the
          likes of you "teachers" and "gurus".

          Judi
        • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
            Sweet friend, Judi -

            Can you possibly keep your
            slasher tongue in its holster
            long enough to read more
            than one sentence? Your
            self-contradiction is
            showing all over the place.
            You say it's not joy, but you call
            it pure joy. It's not experience
            but you call it a new
            perceptual condition.
            New is necessarily experiential,
            perception is experiential -
            understanding is experiential.
            Semantic hair-splitting
            just to be an antagonist
            is your tiresome game.

            And speaking of place, this
            really isn't the place for this,
            but I'm tired of stepping
            in your smelly bullshit
            everywhere I go...and I want
            a shoot out, Rocky.

            Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
            I'll be on your trail. I don't
            like your style, but I grew
            up with people who walked it
            and talked it, and I'm willing
            and able to stand my ground
            against your bluster, buster.

            I guess you don't have enough
            to rant about at the ranch.
            You got an extra bunk?.
            You didn't run me off, you
            invited me back "anytime".
            Still a standing invitation?
            You'll have your boys there.

            I left because your juvenile boys
            grew ridiculously boring.
            They didn't scare me off, my
            side was hurting from laughing
            at their naivety, pompous parroting,
            and pitiful pandering to you.
            You talk about others wanting fawning
            disciples. What do you have at
            the ranch? They got nothing.
            Less than Snarlo's Guru Raters,
            even.

            And get real, you jumped around
            like a tenderfoot with someone
            shooting at her feet when my
            inquiries got too hot.

            You, I challenge to duel...
            Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
            at 50 paces. That's about
            all you got other than
            a bundt pan.

            Still reading?...

            On July 21, 1975 at about
            9:30am my life changed, a
            door opened. It was not a flash,
            not a la la la moment, it was a
            permanent shift of identity,
            a new awareness of a reality
            that I had been separated
            from - a separate reality -
            until known, a new overriding
            current running through my every
            conscious moment from that
            moment on. And it was and is
            blissful, peaceful beyond
            understanding, and full of joy.
            Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
            a bold and bad-ass ego, or
            that I run from a scrap.

            Not all sages are milquetoasts,
            the best of them have been
            known to fashion a whip and
            crack a few heads.

            Whatever I choose to call
            my awakening experience
            cannot be negated by your
            constant carping. Its wasted.
            The person who entered
            the meditation center,
            after 24 years of seeking,
            never left. He ceased to exit.
            (Sound familiar?)

            So you don't subscribe to
            the Boddisattva vow? I do.
            I took it. I honor it.

            Your shots at my ego
            are in vain. I grin
            and bear it, because I don't
            miss the wry smile behind
            all your seeming ferocity.

            But for the sake of
            those who are here
            for inquiry...

            Can't you ever just shut
            the fuck up, and let someone
            speak without whacking them on
            the head with your tight-ass,
            self-righteous, know-it-all
            table of the Judi commandments?

            Your need to straighten
            out all the error you
            see in everyone else
            might have something to
            do with the ego you
            consistently see
            all around you.

            Rude enough to win
            you over?

            Your blissed out bawdy friend,

            Jeff

            PS: My apologies to the gentle folks here
            for this evening's R-Rated entertainment.
            Somewhere there's a lesson here.I'm going
            to go see what's cookin' at the ranch.
          • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
              Aha! Struck a nerve did I? Well there you have it.
              Sure, come on over the ranch, I'm not the only one who can see
              through your "pink experiential panties". :-)

              Judi

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea

            • tosime
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                I keep seeing the word "Ranch". What is it?

                Is it another group?
                Where is it?
                What happens there?

                Are we all invited?

                ...Tony
              • tosime
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                  I find the banter very entertaining.

                  It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                  perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                  up kissing each other since they really are in love.

                  ...Tony
                • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                    <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
                    > Sweet friend, Judi -
                    >
                    > Can you possibly keep your
                    > slasher tongue in its holster
                    > long enough to read more
                    > than one sentence? Your
                    > self-contradiction is
                    > showing all over the place.
                    > You say it's not joy, but you call
                    > it pure joy.

                    ***** Big difference. It's "indistinguishable".

                    It's not experience

                    ******** Yep.

                    > New is necessarily experiential,
                    > perception is experiential -

                    ****** Nope, for "experience" to be, there would have to be
                    an "experiencer", of which there is none. :-)

                    > understanding is experiential.

                    ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
                    Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.

                    > Semantic hair-splitting
                    > just to be an antagonist
                    > is your tiresome game.

                    ******** It's not hair-splitting Jeff, it's just the way it is.
                    You're splitting yourself off as the "haver" of experience.
                    Into good and bad experience, which is true for you, but not for me,
                    I see all experience for what it is. Therein lies the difference.

                    > And speaking of place, this
                    > really isn't the place for this,
                    > but I'm tired of stepping
                    > in your smelly bullshit
                    > everywhere I go...and I want
                    > a shoot out, Rocky.
                    >
                    > Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
                    > I'll be on your trail. I don't
                    > like your style, but I grew
                    > up with people who walked it
                    > and talked it, and I'm willing
                    > and able to stand my ground
                    > against your bluster, buster.

                    ****** Take another look, you have no "ground" to stand on.
                    Or more to the point, your "ground" is your own ego.

                    ******** Yes, we're "boring" as hell. :-)

                    > They didn't scare me off, my
                    > side was hurting from laughing
                    > at their naivety, pompous parroting,
                    > and pitiful pandering to you.
                    > You talk about others wanting fawning
                    > disciples.

                    ***** There's no such "fawning" going on.

                    What do you have at

                    ****** Well, you're right there. Got plenty of nothing. :-)

                    ***** Not true, you just didn't like the answers you got.

                    > You, I challenge to duel...
                    > Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
                    > at 50 paces. That's about
                    > all you got other than
                    > a bundt pan.
                    >
                    > Still reading?...
                    >
                    > On July 21, 1975 at about
                    > 9:30am my life changed, a
                    > door opened. It was not a flash,
                    > not a la la la moment, it was a
                    > permanent shift of identity,
                    > a new awareness of a reality
                    > that I had been separated
                    > from - a separate reality -
                    > until known, a new overriding
                    > current running through my every
                    > conscious moment from that
                    > moment on. And it was and is
                    > blissful, peaceful beyond
                    > understanding, and full of joy.
                    > Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
                    > a bold and bad-ass ego, or
                    > that I run from a scrap.
                    >
                    > Not all sages are milquetoasts,
                    > the best of them have been
                    > known to fashion a whip and
                    > crack a few heads.
                    >
                    > Whatever I choose to call
                    > my awakening experience
                    > cannot be negated by your
                    > constant carping. Its wasted.
                    > The person who entered
                    > the meditation center,
                    > after 24 years of seeking,
                    > never left. He ceased to exit.
                    > (Sound familiar?)
                    >
                    > So you don't subscribe to
                    > the Boddisattva vow? I do.
                    > I took it. I honor it.

                    ******* I chuckle. :-) LOL You are too funny Jeff!
                    What the hell you honoring? LOL Don't be ridiculous.
                    Give it a rest. :-)

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                      Giddy up.
                    • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime" <
                        tosime@b...> wrote:

                        > I find the banter very entertaining.
                        >
                        > It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                        > perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                        > up kissing each other since they really are in love.
                        >
                        > ...Tony

                        Well, thanks a lot, Tony. You gave
                        the whole plot away. I want a refund.

                        Love,

                        Jeff
                      • tosime
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                          oooops...."sorry-o" - as we say in pigeon english over here.

                          ...Tony

                          PS - What is the "Ranch"?

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                            Hi, again, Tony -

                            The Ranch is another group site
                            run by Judi.She approves all members
                            before they can join and moderates all
                            messages before they are posted.

                            A word to the wise. She's on her
                            best behavior here. She's ruthless
                            at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                            End of The Rope, Ranch.

                            Best,

                            Jeff
                          • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                                ****** No, that's not true. No posts are moderated.

                                > A word to the wise. She's on her
                                > best behavior here. She's ruthless
                                > at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                                > End of The Rope, Ranch.

                                ******* Well that's why I don't people with anger problems on.
                                If someone has an anger problem, they got to work that out first.
                                There's a certain level of emotional maturity that's required. And
                                I'm not mean by any means, but rarely do I ever pull any punches
                                either, but it's all done in love, good fun and humor. And everyone
                                seems to have a good time.

                                Judi

                              • markwotter704 <markwotter704@yahoo.com>
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 7, 2003
                                  Hi Tony,

                                  the ranch is a place where folks go to be slaughtered. Sounds like
                                  fun, huh?

                                  Mark