Re: chakras and meditation

  • westwindwood2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@...>
      wrote:

      > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
      > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
      > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
      > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
      > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
      > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
      > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
      > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
      > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?

      Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
      good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
      from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
      away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
      this been occurring regularly since your post?
    • J
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
        <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
        > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
        > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
        > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
        > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
        > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
        > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
        > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
        > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
        >
        > Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
        > good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
        > from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
        > away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
        > this been occurring regularly since your post?

        first THANK YOU ! to all who have responded...how wonderful to have a
        place to open up and discuss some of these profound experiences !

        before I read any of these responses, the very next morning I had a
        similar experience, with more profound results.

        The "energy field" began in the complete back of my skull. Into about
        an hours meditation, the stuffiness in my sinuses, right side
        completely disappeared, upon this "field" moving into the brow and
        front of my face. My whole sinus cavity opened up.

        I must say it was very scary and unsettling, when this movement of the
        "energy field" became more encompassing. I held onto "the now",
        staying at one without thought chatter. I felt as though some layer
        was being stripped away and I was "emeging", like a floating up to the
        surface when under water, except without movement.

        I retained the energy, through breath awareness only, the energy
        moving down the chakra line to heart, spleen, then suddenly in my
        "gut" creating all kind of movement and sound inside. It also went
        down into my feet, where I suffer from severe neuropathy, due to an
        old back energy.

        The "energy" dissolved the burning and bothersome tingling, I often
        suffer from in that region. I came out of meditation and immediately
        went downstairs and had a huge bowl movement, about the largest I can
        remember having since childhood. I went back upstairs to rest, coming
        back down to have another large bowl movement, about 20 minutes later.

        Couple days later, during the day, I took time to meditate again,
        (beyond my two daily meditation periods, before getting up and going
        to sleep) and felt a smaller , very gentle, loving kind of
        criscrossing energy at the bottom of my throat, where I have
        experienced some chronic problems. That pretty much summarizes my
        most recent "energy field" experiences, though last night I also felt
        for a brief period the back of skull energy field, briefly, without
        further movement.

        Much THANKS to everyone out there and to all who seek our higher
        ground together !

        namaste