RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Enlightenment or Grace

  • Aideen McKenna
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 8 5:38 PM

      Synchronicity is happening again.  Recently, I signed up for a short course in meditation.  Although I’ve been meditating for a while, I’d never done so in a group setting.  A few hours before my first session, I was browsing on the internet & ran across “Mindfulness in Plain English”.  I was so impressed with the part that I read that I bookmarked the site (not the same site that westwing used) so as to read it later.  I then rushed off to the class where the teacher, a Theravadan Buddhist told us, within the first 10 minutes, that he highly recommended …you guessed it.  A day or 2 later, I was chatting with a woman I’d met in a completely different context (not associated with anything to do with meditation).  She told me that she had just come across a wonderful book in the library – of course it was the same book.  And then came westwing’s post.

      I think maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.  It can stop now – I’ve put in a request at the library.  In the meantime, I’m reading it on my computer screen.

      Aideen

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 14 8:30 AM
        Yes.
        However since even the state of deep sleep is a durational occurrence, it is also within the gestalt of time.
        The state of deep sleep has a start and an end.

        That which is trancendental to even the state of deep sleep is.....

        conceptualizing. ------------ The mind can never cease running or conceptualizing. The very presence of the sense of conceptualizing. .. infers the existence of the