Re: Enlightenment or Grace

    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 8, 2008
      > "westwindwood2003" <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:
      >
      > > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@> wrote:
      > >
      > > There are several models
      > > for approaching enlightenment,
      > > and often those who come
      > > through the intellectual
      > > (jnana) approach are so
      > > delighted with the gift
      > > that they are filled with
      > > gratitude and adopt the
      > > devotional (bhakti).
      > >
      > > The still or blank mind
      > > (raja) approach is one
      > > that is considered the
      > > most difficult, and is
      > > often only approached as
      > > a total surrender - that
      > > has been preceded by
      > > the intellectual approach
      > > and/or a period of real
      > > despair.
      > >

      > I looked up Jnana, Bhakti and Raja practices and these seem
      > complicated to me.
      >
      > My approach to meditation is simpler, more aligned with Vipassana
      > meditation and the following is a good fit with my experiences:
      > http://www.urbandharma.org/pdf/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf

      Yo Sri Westwing,
      To me, the site you have pointed to is
      very clear, deep, and one of the very best
      "how-to" resources on Mindfulness. But for
      many, Raja, Kharma, Bhakti, Hatha, Jhnana,
      etc. Yogas will be far "simpler" and
      "a good fit" for their experiences. This
      is one reason that I have found a "game plan"
      that includes all types of meditation to be
      "the best" (forgive me all the "'s :-).
      This would be the type of methodology found
      taught by Swami Sivananda and his disciples.
      If I remember correctly, Gurdjieff once referred
      to those who had achieved Realization (or
      whatever label you favor) via only one path
      to be "stupid saints" who then have to, or tend
      to learn to perfect themselves in all the
      other modes of spiritual evolution. He himself
      taught a system that balanced mental, physical
      add emotional inner and outer centers as well
      as strengthening them to their maximum. In any
      event, I want to reemphasize that the Mindfulness
      In Plain English site is wonder-full and well
      worth checking out. I appreciate gaining the
      opportunity to enjoy its brilliant wisdom.
      As it's primarily focus deals with pranayama
      (breathing meditation), which I have found
      to be one I am naturally drawn to, I really
      enjoyed it. Thank you for making this available.
      This type of sharing is what this group is all about.
    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 14, 2008
        Yes.
        However since even the state of deep sleep is a durational occurrence, it is also within the gestalt of time.
        The state of deep sleep has a start and an end.

        That which is trancendental to even the state of deep sleep is.....

        conceptualizing. ------------ The mind can never cease running or conceptualizing. The very presence of the sense of conceptualizing. .. infers the existence of the