Re: Enlightenment or Grace

  • westwindwood2003
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 7, 2008
      <jeff@...> wrote:

      > There are several models
      > for approaching enlightenment,
      > and often those who come
      > through the intellectual
      > (jnana) approach are so
      > delighted with the gift
      > that they are filled with
      > gratitude and adopt the
      > devotional (bhakti).
      >
      > The still or blank mind
      > (raja) approach is one
      > that is considered the
      > most difficult, and is
      > often only approached as
      > a total surrender - that
      > has been preceded by
      > the intellectual approach
      > and/or a period of real
      > despair.

      I looked up Jnana, Bhakti and Raja practices and these seem
      complicated to me.

      My approach to meditation is simpler, more aligned with Vipassana
      meditation and the following is a good fit with my experiences:
      http://www.urbandharma.org/pdf/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf
    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 14, 2008
        Yes.
        However since even the state of deep sleep is a durational occurrence, it is also within the gestalt of time.
        The state of deep sleep has a start and an end.

        That which is trancendental to even the state of deep sleep is.....

        conceptualizing. ------------ The mind can never cease running or conceptualizing. The very presence of the sense of conceptualizing. .. infers the existence of the