Re: chakras and meditation

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@...>
      wrote:

      > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
      > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
      > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
      > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
      >
      > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
      > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
      > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
      >
      > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
      sensations,
      > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
      that
      > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
      my
      > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
      unsettling,
      > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
      > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
      > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
      the
      > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
      > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
      Is
      > it good ?
      >
      > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
      > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
      each
      > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
      > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
      >
      > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
      explain ?

      > namaste,

      Yo J,
      Here's a theory/concept....The experiences you have had physically
      have one thing in common, and that is that your inner chatterer got
      distracted by them and started commenting about them (which ended the
      pure experience and began dualistic reactivity). The inner Witness,
      who is your "Real Self" can and does witness the physical, emotional,
      and mental activity as your life's experiences flow by. Meditation
      places you into the Witness position and that is where reality takes
      place. Still your physical, mental, and emotional changes and/or
      ignore them and go back to the awareness that is before and present
      with them.
    • westwindwood2003
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
        wrote:

        > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
        > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
        > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
        > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
        > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
        > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
        > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
        > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
        > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?

        Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
        good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
        from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
        away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
        this been occurring regularly since your post?
      • J
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
          <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
          > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
          > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
          > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
          > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
          > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
          > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
          > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
          > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
          >
          > Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
          > good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
          > from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
          > away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
          > this been occurring regularly since your post?

          first THANK YOU ! to all who have responded...how wonderful to have a
          place to open up and discuss some of these profound experiences !

          before I read any of these responses, the very next morning I had a
          similar experience, with more profound results.

          The "energy field" began in the complete back of my skull. Into about
          an hours meditation, the stuffiness in my sinuses, right side
          completely disappeared, upon this "field" moving into the brow and
          front of my face. My whole sinus cavity opened up.

          I must say it was very scary and unsettling, when this movement of the
          "energy field" became more encompassing. I held onto "the now",
          staying at one without thought chatter. I felt as though some layer
          was being stripped away and I was "emeging", like a floating up to the
          surface when under water, except without movement.

          I retained the energy, through breath awareness only, the energy
          moving down the chakra line to heart, spleen, then suddenly in my
          "gut" creating all kind of movement and sound inside. It also went
          down into my feet, where I suffer from severe neuropathy, due to an
          old back energy.

          The "energy" dissolved the burning and bothersome tingling, I often
          suffer from in that region. I came out of meditation and immediately
          went downstairs and had a huge bowl movement, about the largest I can
          remember having since childhood. I went back upstairs to rest, coming
          back down to have another large bowl movement, about 20 minutes later.

          Couple days later, during the day, I took time to meditate again,
          (beyond my two daily meditation periods, before getting up and going
          to sleep) and felt a smaller , very gentle, loving kind of
          criscrossing energy at the bottom of my throat, where I have
          experienced some chronic problems. That pretty much summarizes my
          most recent "energy field" experiences, though last night I also felt
          for a brief period the back of skull energy field, briefly, without
          further movement.

          Much THANKS to everyone out there and to all who seek our higher
          ground together !

          namaste