Re: THE SAGE'S VIEW OF THE WORLD

  • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
      Thanks, Bob. Beautiful satsang from Sivananda.
      The sense of two worlds and especially the
      two languages resonate clearly.

      So often, religious admonition to live by
      a certain code or set of rituals, and even
      the claim to exclusivity, is based on
      the new language wrongly interpreted as
      relative to the physical world and then
      "taught" by those who do not know of what
      they speak. These are the false prophets
      so often warned about by Jesus (and Judi).

      Awakened teachers speaking of the results
      of their new perceptions of a separate reality
      in which a perfect joy, perfect love and perfect
      harmony can be known intuitively, are speaking
      from experiential knowledge and understanding.

      The difficulty, the impossibility, of
      distinguishing who is speaking from
      experiential knowledge and who is speaking
      from ego and rationally acquired, intellectual
      postulating, seems the source of much of
      the negative reaction to present day teachers
      and accusations of fraud and hidden agenda
      leveled at them.

      As you say, famous dead guys and those
      who are "to come in future" fare much
      better than those who are in the
      present moment - much the way the ego
      resists resting in the present moment.

      Some of us who have received what I consider
      to be pure gift, feel that they were allowed
      to see this truth under the agreement that
      they would communicate it to others
      (Boddisattva vow) - even though they find
      that it cannot be put in words and must be
      personally experienced to be known. Others
      who come to understand this "new language" feel
      that any attempt to guide is misguidance.

      I received guidance. And am grateful for it.
      So, my leaning is to offer to guide and
      witness to the possibility of new understanding
      available to us, that which we are intuitively
      drawn to seek out.

      Ultimately, the guidance is to "go within" and
      discover what is already there - the kingdom
      within. Meditation is the method prescribed
      by virtually all awakened teachers.
      For me, it was a re-awakening in the midst
      of formal meditation, and so the paradigm
      in which I "teach" is that our natural state
      is one of enlightenment and it is a re-awakening
      that "returns us" to our natural enlightenment
      and pure joy in living that we knew as a child.

      "By their fruits you shall know them".
      Your fruit bowl is full and your
      manner always gracious, Bob.
      I love the work you do and I admire
      the equanimity and openness you
      maintain. Happy New Year.

      Peace and love and gratitude,

      Jeff
    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea
        <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > Thanks, Bob. Beautiful satsang from Sivananda.
        > The sense of two worlds and especially the
        > two languages resonate clearly.
        >
        > So often, religious admonition to live by
        > a certain code or set of rituals, and even
        > the claim to exclusivity, is based on
        > the new language wrongly interpreted as
        > relative to the physical world and then
        > "taught" by those who do not know of what
        > they speak. These are the false prophets
        > so often warned about by Jesus (and Judi).
        >
        > Awakened teachers speaking of the results
        > of their new perceptions of a separate reality
        > in which a perfect joy, perfect love and perfect
        > harmony can be known intuitively, are speaking
        > from experiential knowledge and understanding.

        ********* There is no separate reality Jeff, this is it, and any
        ideas of "joy" or whatever are merely your "personal" feelings and
        interpreations, your "experience". Whereas understanding itself is
        completely and utterly "impersonal". And that is why understanding
        is NOT and can never be an "experience". In order for there to be
        an "experience" *you* have to be there. Understanding undermines ALL
        experience. A lot of people have had experiential moments of
        openness, la-la-la, as you obviously have, but understanding
        undermines all of that - the *you* that's having your "precious"
        experience and puts it all to rest. In my own case, starting in my
        20's I had many experiences of openness and so-called "blow out"
        experiences, some with some degree of understanding with them. But
        all that comes to end, when that whole "adventure" is "uprooted" and
        *finally* seen for the nonsense that it is - an "experiential
        adventure", which is either suffered OR enjoyed. In other words, I
        now laugh in the face of bliss. I laugh at it all. There is now only
        freedom, and I am it. And so are you, but you persist in holding on
        to your "experience" as though there's something "wunnerful" about
        it. :-) Does "ego" have any relevance here?

        Judi
      • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
          > *finally* seen for the nonsense that it is - an "experiential
          > adventure", which is either suffered OR enjoyed. In other words, I
          > now laugh in the face of bliss. I laugh at it all. There is now
          only
          > freedom, and I am it. And so are you, but you persist in holding on
          > to your "experience" as though there's something "wunnerful" about
          > it. :-) Does "ego" have any relevance here?
          >
          > Judi

          ****** I know how desperately you want to be a "teacher", whatever
          sort of egotistical nonsense THAT is? I suggest you stick
          to "teaching" the piano. Now you might consider me a "teacher"
          because I'm telling you to knock the hell it off! Your "slip" is
          showing. I'm not a teacher, I'm your friend. You should learn the
          difference.

          Judi
        • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

            > ****** I know how desperately you want to be a "teacher", whatever
            > sort of egotistical nonsense THAT is? I suggest you stick
            > to "teaching" the piano. Now you might consider me a "teacher"
            > because I'm telling you to knock the hell it off! Your "slip" is
            > showing. I'm not a teacher, I'm your friend. You should learn the
            > difference.
            >
            > Judi

            ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of you "peddlers"
            trying to push some "product" of which there is none! Your "product"
            is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.

            Judi
          • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

              > ******* The bottom line here Jeff and for the rest of
              you "peddlers"
              > trying to push some "product" of which there is none!
              Your "product"
              > is nothing but your own infatuation, your own ego.
              >
              > Judi

              ******** And if you guys can't see that, heaven help us all!
              I'd rather hang with a goddamn used car salesman than to look at the
              likes of you "teachers" and "gurus".

              Judi
            • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                Sweet friend, Judi -

                Can you possibly keep your
                slasher tongue in its holster
                long enough to read more
                than one sentence? Your
                self-contradiction is
                showing all over the place.
                You say it's not joy, but you call
                it pure joy. It's not experience
                but you call it a new
                perceptual condition.
                New is necessarily experiential,
                perception is experiential -
                understanding is experiential.
                Semantic hair-splitting
                just to be an antagonist
                is your tiresome game.

                And speaking of place, this
                really isn't the place for this,
                but I'm tired of stepping
                in your smelly bullshit
                everywhere I go...and I want
                a shoot out, Rocky.

                Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
                I'll be on your trail. I don't
                like your style, but I grew
                up with people who walked it
                and talked it, and I'm willing
                and able to stand my ground
                against your bluster, buster.

                I guess you don't have enough
                to rant about at the ranch.
                You got an extra bunk?.
                You didn't run me off, you
                invited me back "anytime".
                Still a standing invitation?
                You'll have your boys there.

                I left because your juvenile boys
                grew ridiculously boring.
                They didn't scare me off, my
                side was hurting from laughing
                at their naivety, pompous parroting,
                and pitiful pandering to you.
                You talk about others wanting fawning
                disciples. What do you have at
                the ranch? They got nothing.
                Less than Snarlo's Guru Raters,
                even.

                And get real, you jumped around
                like a tenderfoot with someone
                shooting at her feet when my
                inquiries got too hot.

                You, I challenge to duel...
                Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
                at 50 paces. That's about
                all you got other than
                a bundt pan.

                Still reading?...

                On July 21, 1975 at about
                9:30am my life changed, a
                door opened. It was not a flash,
                not a la la la moment, it was a
                permanent shift of identity,
                a new awareness of a reality
                that I had been separated
                from - a separate reality -
                until known, a new overriding
                current running through my every
                conscious moment from that
                moment on. And it was and is
                blissful, peaceful beyond
                understanding, and full of joy.
                Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
                a bold and bad-ass ego, or
                that I run from a scrap.

                Not all sages are milquetoasts,
                the best of them have been
                known to fashion a whip and
                crack a few heads.

                Whatever I choose to call
                my awakening experience
                cannot be negated by your
                constant carping. Its wasted.
                The person who entered
                the meditation center,
                after 24 years of seeking,
                never left. He ceased to exit.
                (Sound familiar?)

                So you don't subscribe to
                the Boddisattva vow? I do.
                I took it. I honor it.

                Your shots at my ego
                are in vain. I grin
                and bear it, because I don't
                miss the wry smile behind
                all your seeming ferocity.

                But for the sake of
                those who are here
                for inquiry...

                Can't you ever just shut
                the fuck up, and let someone
                speak without whacking them on
                the head with your tight-ass,
                self-righteous, know-it-all
                table of the Judi commandments?

                Your need to straighten
                out all the error you
                see in everyone else
                might have something to
                do with the ego you
                consistently see
                all around you.

                Rude enough to win
                you over?

                Your blissed out bawdy friend,

                Jeff

                PS: My apologies to the gentle folks here
                for this evening's R-Rated entertainment.
                Somewhere there's a lesson here.I'm going
                to go see what's cookin' at the ranch.
              • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                  Aha! Struck a nerve did I? Well there you have it.
                  Sure, come on over the ranch, I'm not the only one who can see
                  through your "pink experiential panties". :-)

                  Judi

                  <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > side was hurting from laughing
                  > at their naivety, pompous parroting,
                  > and pitiful pandering to you.
                  > You talk about others wanting fawning
                  > disciples. What do you have at
                  > the ranch? They got nothing.
                  > Less than Snarlo's Guru Raters,
                  > even.
                  >
                  > And get real, you jumped around
                  > like a tenderfoot with someone
                  > shooting at her feet when my
                  > inquiries got too hot.
                  >
                  > You, I challenge to duel...
                  > Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
                  > at 50 paces. That's about
                  > all you got other than
                  > a bundt pan.
                  >
                  > Still reading?...
                  >
                  > On July 21, 1975 at about
                  > 9:30am my life changed, a
                  > door opened. It was not a flash,
                  > not a la la la moment, it was a
                  > permanent shift of identity,
                  > a new awareness of a reality
                  > that I had been separated
                  > from - a separate reality -
                  > until known, a new overriding
                  > current running through my every
                  > conscious moment from that
                  > moment on. And it was and is
                  > blissful, peaceful beyond
                  > understanding, and full of joy.
                  > Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
                  > a bold and bad-ass ego, or
                  > that I run from a scrap.
                  >
                  > Not all sages are milquetoasts,
                  > the best of them have been
                  > known to fashion a whip and
                  > crack a few heads.
                  >
                  > Whatever I choose to call
                  > my awakening experience
                  > cannot be negated by your
                  > constant carping. Its wasted.
                  > The person who entered
                  > the meditation center,
                  > after 24 years of seeking,
                  > never left. He ceased to exit.
                  > (Sound familiar?)
                  >
                  > So you don't subscribe to
                  > the Boddisattva vow? I do.
                  > I took it. I honor it.
                  >
                  > Your shots at my ego
                  > are in vain. I grin
                  > and bear it, because I don't
                  > miss the wry smile behind
                  > all your seeming ferocity.
                  >
                  > But for the sake of
                  > those who are here
                  > for inquiry...
                  >
                  > Can't you ever just shut
                  > the fuck up, and let someone
                  > speak without whacking them on
                  > the head with your tight-ass,
                  > self-righteous, know-it-all
                  > table of the Judi commandments?
                  >
                  > Your need to straighten
                  > out all the error you
                  > see in everyone else
                  > might have something to
                  > do with the ego you
                  > consistently see
                  > all around you.
                  >
                  > Rude enough to win
                  > you over?
                  >
                  > Your blissed out bawdy friend,
                  >
                  > Jeff
                  >
                  > PS: My apologies to the gentle folks here
                  > for this evening's R-Rated entertainment.
                  > Somewhere there's a lesson here.I'm going
                • tosime
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                    I keep seeing the word "Ranch". What is it?

                    Is it another group?
                    Where is it?
                    What happens there?

                    Are we all invited?

                    ...Tony
                  • tosime
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                      I find the banter very entertaining.

                      It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                      perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                      up kissing each other since they really are in love.

                      ...Tony
                    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                        <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
                        > Sweet friend, Judi -
                        >
                        > Can you possibly keep your
                        > slasher tongue in its holster
                        > long enough to read more
                        > than one sentence? Your
                        > self-contradiction is
                        > showing all over the place.
                        > You say it's not joy, but you call
                        > it pure joy.

                        ***** Big difference. It's "indistinguishable".

                        It's not experience

                        ******** Yep.

                        > New is necessarily experiential,
                        > perception is experiential -

                        ****** Nope, for "experience" to be, there would have to be
                        an "experiencer", of which there is none. :-)

                        > understanding is experiential.

                        ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
                        Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.

                        > Semantic hair-splitting
                        > just to be an antagonist
                        > is your tiresome game.

                        ******** It's not hair-splitting Jeff, it's just the way it is.
                        You're splitting yourself off as the "haver" of experience.
                        Into good and bad experience, which is true for you, but not for me,
                        I see all experience for what it is. Therein lies the difference.

                        > And speaking of place, this
                        > really isn't the place for this,
                        > but I'm tired of stepping
                        > in your smelly bullshit
                        > everywhere I go...and I want
                        > a shoot out, Rocky.
                        >
                        > Go ahead and run back to the ranch.
                        > I'll be on your trail. I don't
                        > like your style, but I grew
                        > up with people who walked it
                        > and talked it, and I'm willing
                        > and able to stand my ground
                        > against your bluster, buster.

                        ****** Take another look, you have no "ground" to stand on.
                        Or more to the point, your "ground" is your own ego.

                        ******** Yes, we're "boring" as hell. :-)

                        > They didn't scare me off, my
                        > side was hurting from laughing
                        > at their naivety, pompous parroting,
                        > and pitiful pandering to you.
                        > You talk about others wanting fawning
                        > disciples.

                        ***** There's no such "fawning" going on.

                        What do you have at

                        ****** Well, you're right there. Got plenty of nothing. :-)

                        ***** Not true, you just didn't like the answers you got.

                        > You, I challenge to duel...
                        > Hot-Air filled Cream puffs
                        > at 50 paces. That's about
                        > all you got other than
                        > a bundt pan.
                        >
                        > Still reading?...
                        >
                        > On July 21, 1975 at about
                        > 9:30am my life changed, a
                        > door opened. It was not a flash,
                        > not a la la la moment, it was a
                        > permanent shift of identity,
                        > a new awareness of a reality
                        > that I had been separated
                        > from - a separate reality -
                        > until known, a new overriding
                        > current running through my every
                        > conscious moment from that
                        > moment on. And it was and is
                        > blissful, peaceful beyond
                        > understanding, and full of joy.
                        > Still is.Doesn't mean I don't have
                        > a bold and bad-ass ego, or
                        > that I run from a scrap.
                        >
                        > Not all sages are milquetoasts,
                        > the best of them have been
                        > known to fashion a whip and
                        > crack a few heads.
                        >
                        > Whatever I choose to call
                        > my awakening experience
                        > cannot be negated by your
                        > constant carping. Its wasted.
                        > The person who entered
                        > the meditation center,
                        > after 24 years of seeking,
                        > never left. He ceased to exit.
                        > (Sound familiar?)
                        >
                        > So you don't subscribe to
                        > the Boddisattva vow? I do.
                        > I took it. I honor it.

                        ******* I chuckle. :-) LOL You are too funny Jeff!
                        What the hell you honoring? LOL Don't be ridiculous.
                        Give it a rest. :-)

                        Judi
                      • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                          Giddy up.
                        • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime" <
                            tosime@b...> wrote:

                            > I find the banter very entertaining.
                            >
                            > It reminds me of the 'French Cafe' dance sequence where a man and woman
                            > perform a modern ballet that simulates ugly fight movements - but they end
                            > up kissing each other since they really are in love.
                            >
                            > ...Tony

                            Well, thanks a lot, Tony. You gave
                            the whole plot away. I want a refund.

                            Love,

                            Jeff
                          • tosime
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                              oooops...."sorry-o" - as we say in pigeon english over here.

                              ...Tony

                              PS - What is the "Ranch"?

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
                                Hi, again, Tony -

                                The Ranch is another group site
                                run by Judi.She approves all members
                                before they can join and moderates all
                                messages before they are posted.

                                A word to the wise. She's on her
                                best behavior here. She's ruthless
                                at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                                End of The Rope, Ranch.

                                Best,

                                Jeff
                              • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003

                                    ****** No, that's not true. No posts are moderated.

                                    > A word to the wise. She's on her
                                    > best behavior here. She's ruthless
                                    > at "The Ranch" - full name, The
                                    > End of The Rope, Ranch.

                                    ******* Well that's why I don't people with anger problems on.
                                    If someone has an anger problem, they got to work that out first.
                                    There's a certain level of emotional maturity that's required. And
                                    I'm not mean by any means, but rarely do I ever pull any punches
                                    either, but it's all done in love, good fun and humor. And everyone
                                    seems to have a good time.

                                    Judi

                                  • markwotter704 <markwotter704@yahoo.com>
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 7, 2003
                                      Hi Tony,

                                      the ranch is a place where folks go to be slaughtered. Sounds like
                                      fun, huh?

                                      Mark