Re: chakras and meditation

  • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@...>
      wrote:

      > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
      > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
      > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
      > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
      >
      > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
      > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
      > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
      >
      > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
      sensations,
      > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
      that
      > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
      my
      > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
      unsettling,
      > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
      > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
      > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
      the
      > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
      > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
      Is
      > it good ?
      >
      > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
      > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
      each
      > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
      > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
      >
      > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
      explain ?

      > namaste,
      >My dear
      you are in line. keep it up. some time uncontrolable energy
      burst will be their. Don't get frighten (affaraid). Dont move when
      you are doing. dont stiffen your body. suddenly dont take away from
      your action. do slowly. come out from any condition slowly.

      next stage will tell you. This may be your first stage. Many stages
      are their.

      Do it.
      Meditation related experience is not advised one to share with public.
      Mostly it should be shared with your teacher or who has experience in
      this.

      fate decide all.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.
        DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
        > > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
        > > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
        > > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
        > >
        > > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and
        deeply
        > > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic
        manner
        > > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
        > >
        > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
        > sensations,
        > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
        > that
        > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top
        of
        > my
        > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
        > unsettling,
        > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
        > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
        > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
        > the
        > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I
        continued
        > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this
        normal ?
        > Is
        > > it good ?
        > >
        > > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was
        my
        > > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
        > each
        > > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and
        I've
        > > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
        > >
        > > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
        > explain ?
        > >
        > > namaste,
        > >My dear
        > you are in line. keep it up. some time uncontrolable energy
        > burst will be their. Don't get frighten (affaraid). Dont move when
        > you are doing. dont stiffen your body. suddenly dont take away from
        > your action. do slowly. come out from any condition slowly.
        >
        > next stage will tell you. This may be your first stage. Many stages
        > are their.
        >
        > Do it.
        > Meditation related experience is not advised one to share with
        public.
        > Mostly it should be shared with your teacher or who has experience
        in
        > this.
        >
        > fate decide all.

        Actually, this group is designed to be a place where you CAN share
        your meditation experiences. There are many here who have "experience
        in this", whatever your experience may be. Although in a way we all
        have unique experiences, we all know what eating feels like and can
        share comments about different food. Similarly, meditation can be
        thought of as a sacred food, and the chefs, dieticians, and doctors
        here are very knowledgable, and serve well as excellent teachers.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
          wrote:

          > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
          > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
          > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
          > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
          >
          > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
          > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
          > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
          >
          > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
          sensations,
          > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
          that
          > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
          my
          > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
          unsettling,
          > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
          > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
          > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
          the
          > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
          > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
          Is
          > it good ?
          >
          > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
          > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
          each
          > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
          > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
          >
          > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
          explain ?

          > namaste,

          Yo J,
          Here's a theory/concept....The experiences you have had physically
          have one thing in common, and that is that your inner chatterer got
          distracted by them and started commenting about them (which ended the
          pure experience and began dualistic reactivity). The inner Witness,
          who is your "Real Self" can and does witness the physical, emotional,
          and mental activity as your life's experiences flow by. Meditation
          places you into the Witness position and that is where reality takes
          place. Still your physical, mental, and emotional changes and/or
          ignore them and go back to the awareness that is before and present
          with them.
        • westwindwood2003
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
            wrote:

            > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
            > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
            > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
            > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
            > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
            > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
            > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
            > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
            > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?

            Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
            good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
            from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
            away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
            this been occurring regularly since your post?
          • J
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
              <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
              > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
              > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
              > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
              > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
              > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
              > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
              > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
              > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
              >
              > Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
              > good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
              > from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
              > away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
              > this been occurring regularly since your post?

              first THANK YOU ! to all who have responded...how wonderful to have a
              place to open up and discuss some of these profound experiences !

              before I read any of these responses, the very next morning I had a
              similar experience, with more profound results.

              The "energy field" began in the complete back of my skull. Into about
              an hours meditation, the stuffiness in my sinuses, right side
              completely disappeared, upon this "field" moving into the brow and
              front of my face. My whole sinus cavity opened up.

              I must say it was very scary and unsettling, when this movement of the
              "energy field" became more encompassing. I held onto "the now",
              staying at one without thought chatter. I felt as though some layer
              was being stripped away and I was "emeging", like a floating up to the
              surface when under water, except without movement.

              I retained the energy, through breath awareness only, the energy
              moving down the chakra line to heart, spleen, then suddenly in my
              "gut" creating all kind of movement and sound inside. It also went
              down into my feet, where I suffer from severe neuropathy, due to an
              old back energy.

              The "energy" dissolved the burning and bothersome tingling, I often
              suffer from in that region. I came out of meditation and immediately
              went downstairs and had a huge bowl movement, about the largest I can
              remember having since childhood. I went back upstairs to rest, coming
              back down to have another large bowl movement, about 20 minutes later.

              Couple days later, during the day, I took time to meditate again,
              (beyond my two daily meditation periods, before getting up and going
              to sleep) and felt a smaller , very gentle, loving kind of
              criscrossing energy at the bottom of my throat, where I have
              experienced some chronic problems. That pretty much summarizes my
              most recent "energy field" experiences, though last night I also felt
              for a brief period the back of skull energy field, briefly, without
              further movement.

              Much THANKS to everyone out there and to all who seek our higher
              ground together !

              namaste