chakras and meditation

  • J
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
      the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
      twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
      unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
      beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.

      I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
      as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
      and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.

      Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
      through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
      at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
      adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
      yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
      chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
      occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
      air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
      to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ? Is
      it good ?

      Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
      heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts, each
      releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
      duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.

      Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone explain ?

      namaste,
    • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@...>
        wrote:

        > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
        > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
        > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
        > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
        >
        > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
        > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
        > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
        >
        > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
        sensations,
        > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
        that
        > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
        my
        > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
        unsettling,
        > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
        > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
        > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
        the
        > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
        > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
        Is
        > it good ?
        >
        > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
        > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
        each
        > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
        > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
        >
        > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
        explain ?

        > namaste,
        >My dear
        you are in line. keep it up. some time uncontrolable energy
        burst will be their. Don't get frighten (affaraid). Dont move when
        you are doing. dont stiffen your body. suddenly dont take away from
        your action. do slowly. come out from any condition slowly.

        next stage will tell you. This may be your first stage. Many stages
        are their.

        Do it.
        Meditation related experience is not advised one to share with public.
        Mostly it should be shared with your teacher or who has experience in
        this.

        fate decide all.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.
          DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
          > > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
          > > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
          > > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
          > >
          > > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and
          deeply
          > > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic
          manner
          > > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
          > >
          > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
          > sensations,
          > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
          > that
          > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top
          of
          > my
          > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
          > unsettling,
          > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
          > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
          > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
          > the
          > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I
          continued
          > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this
          normal ?
          > Is
          > > it good ?
          > >
          > > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was
          my
          > > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
          > each
          > > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and
          I've
          > > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
          > >
          > > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
          > explain ?
          > >
          > > namaste,
          > >My dear
          > you are in line. keep it up. some time uncontrolable energy
          > burst will be their. Don't get frighten (affaraid). Dont move when
          > you are doing. dont stiffen your body. suddenly dont take away from
          > your action. do slowly. come out from any condition slowly.
          >
          > next stage will tell you. This may be your first stage. Many stages
          > are their.
          >
          > Do it.
          > Meditation related experience is not advised one to share with
          public.
          > Mostly it should be shared with your teacher or who has experience
          in
          > this.
          >
          > fate decide all.

          Actually, this group is designed to be a place where you CAN share
          your meditation experiences. There are many here who have "experience
          in this", whatever your experience may be. Although in a way we all
          have unique experiences, we all know what eating feels like and can
          share comments about different food. Similarly, meditation can be
          thought of as a sacred food, and the chefs, dieticians, and doctors
          here are very knowledgable, and serve well as excellent teachers.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
            wrote:

            > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
            > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
            > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
            > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
            >
            > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
            > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
            > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
            >
            > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
            sensations,
            > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
            that
            > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
            my
            > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
            unsettling,
            > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
            > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
            > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
            the
            > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
            > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
            Is
            > it good ?
            >
            > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
            > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
            each
            > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
            > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
            >
            > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
            explain ?

            > namaste,

            Yo J,
            Here's a theory/concept....The experiences you have had physically
            have one thing in common, and that is that your inner chatterer got
            distracted by them and started commenting about them (which ended the
            pure experience and began dualistic reactivity). The inner Witness,
            who is your "Real Self" can and does witness the physical, emotional,
            and mental activity as your life's experiences flow by. Meditation
            places you into the Witness position and that is where reality takes
            place. Still your physical, mental, and emotional changes and/or
            ignore them and go back to the awareness that is before and present
            with them.
          • westwindwood2003
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
              wrote:

              > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
              > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
              > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
              > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
              > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
              > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
              > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
              > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
              > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?

              Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
              good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
              from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
              away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
              this been occurring regularly since your post?
            • J
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "westwindwood2003"
                <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical sensations,
                > > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation, that
                > > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of my
                > > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an unsettling,
                > > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
                > > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
                > > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all the
                > > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
                > > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
                >
                > Thirty-five years ago I had a similar experience. I remember neither
                > good nor bad came of it, but I remember thinking of it as a distraction
                > from what I needed to work on. After a few meditation sessions it went
                > away, but I didn't think of it as a big deal one way or the other. Has
                > this been occurring regularly since your post?

                first THANK YOU ! to all who have responded...how wonderful to have a
                place to open up and discuss some of these profound experiences !

                before I read any of these responses, the very next morning I had a
                similar experience, with more profound results.

                The "energy field" began in the complete back of my skull. Into about
                an hours meditation, the stuffiness in my sinuses, right side
                completely disappeared, upon this "field" moving into the brow and
                front of my face. My whole sinus cavity opened up.

                I must say it was very scary and unsettling, when this movement of the
                "energy field" became more encompassing. I held onto "the now",
                staying at one without thought chatter. I felt as though some layer
                was being stripped away and I was "emeging", like a floating up to the
                surface when under water, except without movement.

                I retained the energy, through breath awareness only, the energy
                moving down the chakra line to heart, spleen, then suddenly in my
                "gut" creating all kind of movement and sound inside. It also went
                down into my feet, where I suffer from severe neuropathy, due to an
                old back energy.

                The "energy" dissolved the burning and bothersome tingling, I often
                suffer from in that region. I came out of meditation and immediately
                went downstairs and had a huge bowl movement, about the largest I can
                remember having since childhood. I went back upstairs to rest, coming
                back down to have another large bowl movement, about 20 minutes later.

                Couple days later, during the day, I took time to meditate again,
                (beyond my two daily meditation periods, before getting up and going
                to sleep) and felt a smaller , very gentle, loving kind of
                criscrossing energy at the bottom of my throat, where I have
                experienced some chronic problems. That pretty much summarizes my
                most recent "energy field" experiences, though last night I also felt
                for a brief period the back of skull energy field, briefly, without
                further movement.

                Much THANKS to everyone out there and to all who seek our higher
                ground together !

                namaste