[Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 194 , Jan 30, 2008
      LOL.

      And sweet dreams for alternative health.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Yes. LOL is an essential part of meditation. One should laugh at
      himself for all the thoughts that he has built up of and on this
      world. LOL is the gateway for self-realisation ! LOL.

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Tue, 29
      Jan 2008 11:22:53 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      > And not bitter dreams?LOL.regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > Life consists of both
      sweet and sour dreams ! The moment we get out of them, we stand
      realised !> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@:
      Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:48:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
      America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda> > > > > Do you
      have sweet dreams dear friends?regards--- In
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:>> No.Dream occurs in subconscious but
      dreams are designed by > unconscious materials.> We do have dream
      free sleep for very short duration. But dreams are > natural and
      necessary too for exercising the brain cells which are > not used
      during conscious state.Dream is necessary but its quality > matters.
      Having only sweet dreams is fine for health which can be > learnt.>
      regards> > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
      Balasubramanian > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:> >> > > >
      Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious. > If the
      conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would > not be
      able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep. > > > > >
      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Tue, 29 > Jan
      2008 06:06:37 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: >
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda> > > > > > > > > > "Since the
      thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be > freed from
      the tormenting thoughts."Yes.If we do not entertain > unhealthy
      thoughts, they will dry up."This state naturally occurs to > us,
      when we sleep."No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What > we
      dream matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of >
      dreaming,that is, replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy >
      dreaming.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, >
      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > >
      Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is >
      an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana >
      Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And >
      slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought >
      to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the thinker
      > emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and
      > after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the
      > thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from
      > the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when
      we > sleep. -- B.R.Kumar> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: >
      jogeshwarmahanta@: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject: >
      [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami >
      Satchidananda> > > > > Dear friends,The name of this group is >
      meditation.The category of this group is alternative medicine.Have >
      you noticed it?Medicines are classified in three >
      categories.Mainstream medicine-This is allopathyComplementary >
      medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.Alternative >
      medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine which helps to >
      renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to become ailment >
      free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are your >
      equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?regards--- In >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:>> --- In > >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > The notional formula:> > > > Health
      > power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT)> > > > Where> > f=function of> > >
      R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> > >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW > > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY
      WRONG > > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENTLY AND >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, > medit8ionsociety > > >
      <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > > >
      > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the >
      things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body >
      are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the mind.
      > Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you >
      > > > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > > >
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who >
      brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb >
      the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to >
      think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how
      > is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      > Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      > something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.>
      Swami > Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of
      __________________________________________________________> Post >
      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in> >
      http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221> > > > > > > > > > > > >
      http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=219> >> > > > > > > >
      __________________________________________________________> Post ads
      for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello.in>
      http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=186>

      Message 194 of 194 , Mar 7 7:01 PM

        The Final Straw

        You cannot say exactly what will open your mind and when it will happen. The real knowledge or wisdom will not dawn slowly. Once you get it, you have it. If you don't get it, you don't have it. The realization doesn't come little by little. Realization is instantaneous. When will it happen? Nobody can tell you. Even a small, trifling thing could do it.

        I will tell you a story about a saint named Patinatar. His father was a very rich man who had made a lot of money from shipping and other businesses. The father had seen many saints and sages and had studied a lot, but nothing had opened his mind to the Truth. He repeated his mantra regularly, performed religious rituals, did all the spiritual practices, but wisdom didn't dawn in him. One day he asked his son, Patinatar, to take his ship and go buy some merchandise. Patinatar went to an island and saw the poor people there. He spent all the money, millions of dollars, on helping these people. Patinatar realized that he couldn't go home with an empty ship, so he filled the entire ship with cow dung cakes, which were probably worth a hundred dollars or less. Then he sailed home.

        As soon as the boat arrived, some of the boatmen ran to the father and told him, "Your son has gone crazy. He spent all of your money, and all he came back with is cow dung." The father was so upset that he didn't even want to see his son. When Patinatar arrived at the house, his father was not even there to greet him.

        Patinatar gave a small package to his mother and said, "Please give this to my father when he comes. I will see you later." With that, he walked out. When the father came home, he asked, "Where is my son?" His wife told him that Patinatar had come and gone, and gave him the package. When the father opened the package, he found a broken sewing needle and a note. The note said, "Even the eye of a broken needle will not come with you on your final journey." As soon as he read those words, he immediately took off his fancy clothes, put on a loin cloth, said goodbye to his house and his businesses, and walked out. Realization had dawned in him. He had heard many hundreds of stories before, he had read volumes, he knew all the philosophy, but nothing had opened his eyes until he saw these few words.

        Realization can dawn with the smallest thing. It doesn't have to be a big blow. That trifling thing is what you call the final straw. Wisdom dawns that way. At any moment, anything could be the last straw for you. Then you are enlightened. Until then, you are still preparing yourself. You are getting ready for that moment.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi