RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 195 , Jan 29, 2008
      Yes. LOL is an essential part of meditation. One should laugh at himself for all the thoughts that he has built up of and on this world. LOL is the gateway for self-realisation ! LOL.

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:22:53 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      And not bitter dreams?LOL.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

      > Life consists of both sweet and sour dreams ! The moment we get
      out of them, we stand realised !

      > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Tue, 29
      Jan 2008 07:48:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      > Do you have sweet dreams dear friends?regards- -- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:>> No.Dream occurs in subconscious but
      dreams are designed by > unconscious materials.> We do have dream
      free sleep for very short duration. But dreams are > natural and
      necessary too for exercising the brain cells which are > not used
      during conscious state.Dream is necessary but its quality > matters.
      Having only sweet dreams is fine for health which can be > learnt.>
      regards> > > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      Balasubramanian > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:> >> > > >
      Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious. > If the
      conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would > not be
      able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep. > > > > >
      > To: meditationsocietyof america@: jogeshwarmahanta@ : Tue, 29 > Jan
      2008 06:06:37 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: >
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda> > > > > > > > > > "Since the
      thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be > freed from
      the tormenting thoughts."Yes. If we do not entertain > unhealthy
      thoughts, they will dry up."This state naturally occurs to > us,
      when we sleep."No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What > we
      dream matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of >
      dreaming,that is, replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy >
      dreaming.regards- -- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, >
      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > >
      Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is >
      an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana >
      Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And >
      slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought >
      to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the thinker
      > emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and
      > after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the
      > thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from
      > the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when
      we > sleep. -- B.R.Kumar> > > To: meditationsocietyof america@: >
      jogeshwarmahanta@ : Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject: >
      [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami >
      Satchidananda> > > > > Dear friends,The name of this group is >
      meditation.The category of this group is alternative medicine.Have >
      you noticed it?Medicines are classified in three >
      categories.Mainstre am medicine-This is allopathyComplement ary >
      medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.Alternativ e >
      medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine which helps to >
      renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to become ailment >
      free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are your >
      equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?regards- -- In >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:>> --- In > >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:> >> > The notional formula:> > > > Health
      > power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT) > > > > Where> > f=function of> > >
      R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> > >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW > > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY
      WRONG > > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENT LY AND >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, > medit8ionsociety > > >
      <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > > >
      > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the >
      things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body >
      are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the mind.
      > Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you >
      > > > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > > >
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who >
      brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb >
      the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to >
      think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how
      > is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      > Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      > something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.>
      Swami > Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Post >
      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in> >
      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > > > > > > >
      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=219> >>

      > Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186

      Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
      Message 195 of 195 , Apr 16 4:18 AM

        The Right Thing

        How do you know if what you decide to do is the right thing? It's very simple. The right thing will not affect your health and happiness. That's all. Anything that would affect your physical and mental peace, your health and happiness, is wrong. Anything. This might bring another question: "Suppose I want to help somebody who is troubled and that affects me. Should I do it or not?" If you are joyfully serving someone, even going through some pain doesn't affect you. You are still happy; you are simply using a little of your energy to help someone. You can't call that unhappiness.

        Sometimes when you help somebody, you feel depressed. Why is that? It is because you had expectations. "I am helping that person. The person should accept my help and get the benefit." When you don't see that person getting the benefit you expected, you get upset. That means it's not a selfless act, it's a selfish act. "I did something and I want a result."

        That doesn't mean there shouldn't be positive thoughts behind your actions. Certainly send your prayers, think about the welfare of the person. The difference is this: you want him to be happy of course, but you don't demand it. You are not attached to the outcome; you leave that up to God.

        In simple words, I would say an action without any selfish expectation whatsoever is a right action. Such an act will never disturb your mind or body.

        Om Shanti, Om Shanti, Om Shanti

        SwamiSatchidananda