RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 193 , Jan 29, 2008
      Yes. LOL is an essential part of meditation. One should laugh at himself for all the thoughts that he has built up of and on this world. LOL is the gateway for self-realisation ! LOL.

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:22:53 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      And not bitter dreams?LOL.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

      > Life consists of both sweet and sour dreams ! The moment we get
      out of them, we stand realised !

      > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Tue, 29
      Jan 2008 07:48:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      > Do you have sweet dreams dear friends?regards- -- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:>> No.Dream occurs in subconscious but
      dreams are designed by > unconscious materials.> We do have dream
      free sleep for very short duration. But dreams are > natural and
      necessary too for exercising the brain cells which are > not used
      during conscious state.Dream is necessary but its quality > matters.
      Having only sweet dreams is fine for health which can be > learnt.>
      regards> > > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      Balasubramanian > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:> >> > > >
      Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious. > If the
      conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would > not be
      able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep. > > > > >
      > To: meditationsocietyof america@: jogeshwarmahanta@ : Tue, 29 > Jan
      2008 06:06:37 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: >
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda> > > > > > > > > > "Since the
      thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be > freed from
      the tormenting thoughts."Yes. If we do not entertain > unhealthy
      thoughts, they will dry up."This state naturally occurs to > us,
      when we sleep."No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What > we
      dream matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of >
      dreaming,that is, replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy >
      dreaming.regards- -- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, >
      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > >
      Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is >
      an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana >
      Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And >
      slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought >
      to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the thinker
      > emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and
      > after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the
      > thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from
      > the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when
      we > sleep. -- B.R.Kumar> > > To: meditationsocietyof america@: >
      jogeshwarmahanta@ : Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject: >
      [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami >
      Satchidananda> > > > > Dear friends,The name of this group is >
      meditation.The category of this group is alternative medicine.Have >
      you noticed it?Medicines are classified in three >
      categories.Mainstre am medicine-This is allopathyComplement ary >
      medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.Alternativ e >
      medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine which helps to >
      renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to become ailment >
      free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are your >
      equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?regards- -- In >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:>> --- In > >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:> >> > The notional formula:> > > > Health
      > power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT) > > > > Where> > f=function of> > >
      R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> > >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW > > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY
      WRONG > > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENT LY AND >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, > medit8ionsociety > > >
      <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > > >
      > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the >
      things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body >
      are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the mind.
      > Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you >
      > > > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > > >
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who >
      brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb >
      the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to >
      think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how
      > is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      > Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      > something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.>
      Swami > Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Post >
      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in> >
      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > > > > > > >
      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=219> >>

      > Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186

      Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
      Message 193 of 193 , Dec 25, 2014

        Question: I have a growing desire to see God. It has become the thing I want most. But no matter how much I long for Him, my worldly duties and needs get in the way. Can you help me?

        Sri Swami Satchidananda: How do you know that you have not seen Him? I heard Him saying, "I have been in front of this person so many times, but he never even recognized Me. He was calling, calling, calling for Me. So I went there many times, stood right in front of him, and he didn't even bother to look at Me. He just brushed Me aside and kept on saying, 'God, where are You? Where are You?'"

        Before you look for God, you should know what He looks like, or at least what God is. God has no particular form, but He appears in all forms and names. It is with His consciousness that I am saying all these things; and with His consciousness, you are listening. To simplify it, we say that God is all consciousness - superconsciousness, cosmic consciousness - or peace. God is already there in you as peace, but you disturb your peace by searching for God. Stop searching and disturbing your peace, and you will experience God. A disturbed mind can never understand God. Looking for God is not our first and foremost duty. Our first and foremost duty is to take care not to let the mind lose its peace. You don't have to make the mind peaceful. If you leave it alone, it is peaceful. In our own lives we should see that we don't lose our peace due to our thoughts, words, actions.

        Learn to remain undisturbed, unshakeable, as steady as the Rock of Gibraltar. You should treasure the peace of your mind so much that nothing, nothing, nothing would shake you. You should be ready to renounce anything and everything that is going to disturb your peace. Name, fame, money, power, position, relatives, friends - all should be secondary to maintaining your peace. Everything else is nothing compared to peace of mind. With that peace, you will easily see God.

        Om shant. Om shanti. Om shanti.