[Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 200 , Jan 28, 2008
      Do you have sweet dreams dear friends?
      regards

      --- In
      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

      > No.Dream occurs in subconscious but dreams are designed by
      > unconscious materials.
      > We do have dream free sleep for very short duration. But dreams
      are
      > natural and necessary too for exercising the brain cells which are
      > not used during conscious state.Dream is necessary but its quality
      > matters. Having only sweet dreams is fine for health which can be
      > learnt.
      > regards
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious.
      > If the conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would
      > not be able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep.
      > >

      > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Tue, 29
      > Jan 2008 06:06:37 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
      Re:
      > Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda
      > >

      > > "Since the thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can
      be
      > freed from the tormenting thoughts."Yes.If we do not entertain
      > unhealthy thoughts, they will dry up."This state naturally occurs
      > us, when we sleep."No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What
      > we dream matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of
      > dreaming,that is, replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy
      > dreaming.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
      > Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> >
      > Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is
      > an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana
      > Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And
      > slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought
      > to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the
      thinker
      > emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and
      > after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the
      > thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from
      > the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when
      we
      > sleep. -- B.R.Kumar> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
      > jogeshwarmahanta@: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject:
      > [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami
      > Satchidananda> > > > > Dear friends,The name of this group is
      > meditation.The category of this group is alternative medicine.Have
      > you noticed it?Medicines are classified in three
      > categories.Mainstream medicine-This is allopathyComplementary
      > medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.Alternative
      > medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine which helps to
      > renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to become ailment
      > free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are your
      > equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?regards--- In
> [...]
      Health
      > power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT)> > > > Where> > f=function of> >
      > R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> >
      >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW
      > > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY
      WRONG
      > > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENTLY AND >
      > SPONTANEOUSLY.> > regards> > > > > > > > --- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, > medit8ionsociety > >
      > <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > >
      > > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the
      > things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body
      > are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the
      mind.
      > Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you >
      >
      > > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > >
      > earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who
      > brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb
      > the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to
      > think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then
      how
      > is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      > Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      > something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.>

      > Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of
      Wisdom>

      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9, 2016
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.