[Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 28, 2008
      No.Dream occurs in subconscious but dreams are designed by
      unconscious materials.
      We do have dream free sleep for very short duration. But dreams are
      natural and necessary too for exercising the brain cells which are
      not used during conscious state.Dream is necessary but its quality
      matters. Having only sweet dreams is fine for health which can be
      learnt.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious.
      If the conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would
      not be able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep.

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Tue, 29
      Jan 2008 06:06:37 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      > "Since the thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be
      freed from the tormenting thoughts."Yes.If we do not entertain
      unhealthy thoughts, they will dry up."This state naturally occurs to
      us, when we sleep."No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What
      we dream matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of
      dreaming,that is, replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy
      dreaming.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> >
      Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is
      an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana
      Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And
      slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought
      to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the thinker
      emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and
      after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the
      thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from
      the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when we
      sleep. -- B.R.Kumar> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
      jogeshwarmahanta@: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject:
      [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami
      Satchidananda> > > > > Dear friends,The name of this group is
      meditation.The category of this group is alternative medicine.Have
      you noticed it?Medicines are classified in three
      categories.Mainstream medicine-This is allopathyComplementary
      medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.Alternative
      medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine which helps to
      renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to become ailment
      free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are your
      equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?regards--- In
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:>> --- In >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > The notional formula:> > > > Health
      power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT)> > > > Where> > f=function of> >
      R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> > >
      > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT FLOW
      > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY WRONG
      > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENTLY AND >
      SPONTANEOUSLY.> > regards> > > > > > > > --- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, > medit8ionsociety > >
      <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > >
      > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the
      things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body
      are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the mind.
      Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you > >
      > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > >
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who
      brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb
      the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to
      think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how
      is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.> >
      Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of Wisdom>
      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
      http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221>

      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)