RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 182 , Jan 28, 2008
      Yes. The dream is a reflection of the subconscious. If the conscious level is freed from thoughts, subconscious would not be able throw up any dream. One can have a dream free sleep.

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:06:37 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      "Since the thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be
      freed from the tormenting thoughts."
      Yes.If we do not entertain unhealthy thoughts, they will dry up.

      "This state naturally occurs to us, when we sleep."
      No. During sleep most of the time we dream.What we dream
      matters.Practice must prevail even in the state of dreaming,that is,
      replacement of unhealthy dreaming by healthy dreaming.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

      > Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is
      an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana
      Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And
      slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought
      to entertain, will also merge into the heart [from where the
      thinker emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a
      purpose and after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die
      down.Since the thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can
      be freed from the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs
      to us, when we sleep. -- B.R.Kumar

      > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Tue, 29
      Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      > Dear friends,The name of this group is meditation.The category of
      this group is alternative medicine.Have you noticed it?Medicines are
      classified in three categories.Mainstre am medicine-This is
      allopathyComplement ary medicine-This is which helps the mainstream
      medicine.Alternativ e medicine-This is independent of mainstream
      medicine which helps to renovate the biggest apothecary inside your
      body to become ailment free/niroga. To achieve this state, your
      thoughts are your equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?
      regards--- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:>> --- In >
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:> >> > The notional formula:> > > > Health
      power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT) > > > > Where> > f=function of> >
      R=resilience> > HT=healthy thoughts> > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.> > >
      > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT FLOW
      > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY WRONG
      > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENT LY AND >
      SPONTANEOUSLY. > > regards> > > > > > > > --- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, > medit8ionsociety > >
      <no_reply@> wrote:> > >> > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"> > > > >
      > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts. > > > All the
      things that you see or hear through these > > > gates of the body
      are converted into thought > > > forms and directly affect the mind.
      Perhaps you > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you > >
      > translate it into a thought, which you had stored > > >
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the > > > person who
      brought one to me once and made me happy.' > > > Thoughts disturb
      the mind, but it is impossible to > > > not think at all. Even to
      think of not having any > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how
      is it possible > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still?
      Just > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of > > >
      something, choose thoughts that will not disturb > > > your mind.> >
      Satchidananda> > > > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of Wisdom>
      > > email: wordsofwisdom@ > > >> >>

      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
      Message 182 of 182 , Mar 30

        The best way to clean your system is to use sound. Simply choose any holy name you like, and keep repeating it. Let your body vibrate with that frequency. In the beginning you have to concentrate on that vibration within you. But, as you continue, every cell in your body will begin to repeat your mantram or your prayer; then the whole system, the whole personality, body, mind, everything will vibrate on that wavelength. The holy word is like a radio wave.

        When a mantram is given to you, you tune your personality to a particular frequency. It's just like tuning a radio. The cosmic music that comes from God is always being transmitted. God never stops transmitting all the beautiful things. Some simply don't tune their heart radios to the proper frequency. Instead, they tune it to the wrong frequency and get atmospheric disturbance.

        With practice, you'll be able to tune your heart radio. You will become a good receiver. Only then is the proper communication possible. Communication brings communion. Real communion is possible only when you tune your entire personality to God's frequency.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi