RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 28, 2008
      Attention must be shifted to the thnker, than the thought. This is an enquiry method and it is propounded by Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharishi. The enquiry must be made whenever a thought occurs. And slowly the thoughts fade away and the thinker, without any thought to entertain,  will also merge into the heart [from where the thinker emerges] Later on thoughts will appear only to serve a purpose and after the purpose is served, the thoughts will die down.Since the thinker is not there to entertain a thought, one can be freed from the tormenting thoughts. This state naturally occurs to us, when we sleep. -- B.R.Kumar

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:22:22 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      Dear friends,
      The name of this group is meditation.The category of this group is
      alternative medicine.Have you noticed it?

      Medicines are classified in three categories.

      Mainstream medicine-This is allopathy

      Complementary medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.

      Alternative medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine
      which helps to renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to
      become ailment free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are
      your equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?
      regards

      --- In
      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In
      > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > The notional formula:
      > >
      > > Health power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT)
      > >
      > > Where
      > > f=function of
      > > R=resilience
      > > HT=healthy thoughts
      > > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.
      > >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW
      > > OF CLEAR,VIVID AND CORRECT FEELINGS AND IDEAS AND NOT ANY WRONG
      > > FEELING AND IDEA INSTANTLY, PERFECTLY,PERMANENT LY AND
      > SPONTANEOUSLY.
      > > regards
      > >

      > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
      > medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "Find a Beautiful Thought"
      > > >
      > > > "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts.
      > > > All the things that you see or hear through these
      > > > gates of the body are converted into thought
      > > > forms and directly affect the mind. Perhaps you
      > > > see an apple. That won't affect you unless you
      > > > translate it into a thought, which you had stored
      > > > earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the
      > > > person who brought one to me once and made me happy.'
      > > > Thoughts disturb the mind, but it is impossible to
      > > > not think at all. Even to think of not having any
      > > > thoughts at all is a thought. Then how is it possible
      > > > to have no thoughts and keep the mind still? Just
      > > > find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of
      > > > something, choose thoughts that will not disturb
      > > > your mind.
      > > >
      > > > "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
      > > > Swami Satchidananda
      > > >
      > > > To subscribe to the Weekly Words of Wisdom
      > > > email: wordsofwisdom@

      Detailed profiles 4 marriage! Only at Shaadi.com Try it!
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)