Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 200 , Jan 28, 2008
      Dear friends,
      The name of this group is meditation.The category of this group is
      alternative medicine.Have you noticed it?

      Medicines are classified in three categories.

      Mainstream medicine-This is allopathy

      Complementary medicine-This is which helps the mainstream medicine.

      Alternative medicine-This is independent of mainstream medicine
      which helps to renovate the biggest apothecary inside your body to
      become ailment free/niroga. To achieve this state, your thoughts are
      your equipment. Are you nearing the state of niroga?
      regards

      --- In
      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

      > --- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The notional formula:
      > >
      > > Health power/longevity =f(RxHT/UHT)
      > >
      > > Where
      > > f=function of
      > > R=resilience
      > > HT=healthy thoughts
      > > UHT=unhealthy thoughts.
      > >
      > > Mantra-LET US ATTAIN PERFECTION AND PLEASURES IN THE CONSTANT
      FLOW

      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9, 2016
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.