Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 27, 2008
      "Find a Beautiful Thought"

      "The mind becomes disturbed merely by thoughts.
      All the things that you see or hear through these
      gates of the body are converted into thought
      forms and directly affect the mind. Perhaps you
      see an apple. That won't affect you unless you
      translate it into a thought, which you had stored
      earlier, 'I know that is an apple. I remember the
      person who brought one to me once and made me happy.'
      Thoughts disturb the mind, but it is impossible to
      not think at all. Even to think of not having any
      thoughts at all is a thought. Then how is it possible
      to have no thoughts and keep the mind still? Just
      find a beautiful thought. Since you must think of
      something, choose thoughts that will not disturb
      your mind.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
      Swami Satchidananda

      To subscribe to the Weekly Words of Wisdom
      email: wordsofwisdom@...
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)