Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

      Here is my short cut to NOW.

      My commands to self
      1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
      2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
      3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
      4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

      (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
      of Now by Eckert Tolle"
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
      > only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
      > read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle,
      this
      > has been a life changing book for me.--- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
      > >

      > > OSHO SAID :
      > > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
      > meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is
      all
      > about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
      > journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole
      journey
      > has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but
      you
      > never reached.
      > > Love is the test. For the path of
      meditation,

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        From: teachertweiss@...
        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
        Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

        > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
        more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
        several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
        let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
        started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
        I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
        help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
        > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
        one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
        Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
        it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
        Chennai-41, INDIA

        > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
        Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
        Meditation, can it be dangerous?

        > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
        idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
        be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
        you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
        still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
        continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
        meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
        <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
        question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
        meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
        opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
        but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
        information on this topic?>

        > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
        > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

        Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          Respected BRK.
          You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

          Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
          provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

          I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

          > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
          Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
          pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
          never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
          morning and after dinner in the evening.

          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
          2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
          and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
          me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
          ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
          away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
          relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
          been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
          works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
          is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
          into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
          the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
          B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
          jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
          [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
          something,object,percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
          matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
          practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
          you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
          then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
          essential.regards--- In

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
            Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

            Respected BRK.
            You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

            Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
            provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

            I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
            regards

            --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

            > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
            Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
            pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
            never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
            morning and after dinner in the evening.

            > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: teachertweiss@ ...: Wed, 23 Jan
            2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

            > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
            and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
            me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
            ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
            away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
            relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
            been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
            works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
            is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
            into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
            the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
            B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyof america@:
            jogeshwarmahanta@ : Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
            [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
            something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
            matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
            practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
            you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
            then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
            essential.regards- -- In
            meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
            <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
            question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
            meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
            opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
            meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
            give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Post
            free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
            http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221>

            > Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in
            > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186

            Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
              of us.

              To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
              attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
              Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
              Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
              minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
              is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
              allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
              body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
              getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
              Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
              Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
              cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
              checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
              conditions !

              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
              Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
              Meditation, can it be dangerous?

              > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
              meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
              it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
              not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
              pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
              a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
              day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
              consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
              the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
              Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
              America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                regards

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                  Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                    He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                    we differ and search the differerences.

                    Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                    (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                    samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                    I enjoy.
                    regards

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                    alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                    mettle. He is the owner

                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                    Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                    > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                    (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                    mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                    Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                    but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                    available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                    consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                    homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                    imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                    fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                    common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                    always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                    on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                    to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                    06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                    8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                    Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                    rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                    and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                    vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                    back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                    and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                      Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                      <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                      question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                      meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                      opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                      meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                      give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                      for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                      the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!