Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • teachertweiss@charter.net
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
      Greatful To Be Alive

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

        Here is my short cut to NOW.

        My commands to self
        1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
        2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
        3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
        4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

        (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
        of Now by Eckert Tolle"

        <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

        > Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
        > only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
        > read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle,
        this
        > has been a life changing book for me.--- In
        > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
        > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
        > >

        > > OSHO SAID :
        > > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
        > meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is
        all
        > about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
        > journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole
        journey
        > has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but
        you
        > never reached.
        > > Love is the test. For the path of
        meditation,

        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          From: teachertweiss@...
          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

          > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
          more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
          several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
          let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
          started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
          I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
          help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
          > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
          one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
          Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
          it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
          Chennai-41, INDIA

          > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
          Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
          idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
          be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
          you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
          still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
          continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
          meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
          <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
          question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
          meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
          opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
          but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
          information on this topic?>

          > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
          > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

          Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            Respected BRK.
            You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

            Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
            provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

            I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
            regards

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

            > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
            Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
            pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
            never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
            morning and after dinner in the evening.

            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
            2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

              [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
              something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
              matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
              practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
              you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
              then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
              essential.regards- -- In
              meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
              <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
              question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
              meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
              opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
              meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
              give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

              Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                of us.

                To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                regards

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                conditions !

                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                  (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                  regards

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                    Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                      He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                      we differ and search the differerences.

                      Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                      (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                      samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                      I enjoy.
                      regards

                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                      alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                      mettle. He is the owner

                      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                      Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                      (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                      mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                      Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                      but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                      available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                      consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                      homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                      imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                      fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                      common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                      always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                      on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                      to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                      meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                      06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                      8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                      rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                      and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                      vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                      back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                      and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                        Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                        <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                        question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                        meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                        opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                        meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                        give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                        free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                        http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                        for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                        http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                        the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                        It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!