Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • teachertweiss
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
      only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
      read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
      has been a life changing book for me.--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > OSHO SAID :
      > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
      meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
      about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
      journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
      has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
      never reached.
      > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
      love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
      same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
      oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
      > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
      concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
      concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
      training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
      the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
      are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
      others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
      others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
      thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
      happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
      yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
      cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
      in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
      being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
      own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
      consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
      meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
      methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
      concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
      compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
      of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
      and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
      We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
      your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
      godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
      playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
      when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
      asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
      provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
      Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
      place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
      you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
      It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it
      is non-spatial too.

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
      Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

      > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
      you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
      character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
      without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
      many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
      wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
      <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
      on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
      the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
      about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
      still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
      > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
      In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
      <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
      question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
      about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
      I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
      start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
      Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
      from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
      general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
      effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
      Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
      level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
      approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
      you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
      because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only
      who approach meditation seriously.> People who are doing meditaion
      name shake no effect will be their.> They can ignore this point
      itself.>

    • teachertweiss@charter.net
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
        Greatful To Be Alive

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

          Here is my short cut to NOW.

          My commands to self
          1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
          2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
          3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
          4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

          (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
          of Now by Eckert Tolle"

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            From: teachertweiss@...
            Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
            Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

            --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

            > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
            more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
            several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
            let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
            started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
            I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
            help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
            > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
            one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
            Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
            it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
            Chennai-41, INDIA

            > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
            Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

            > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
            idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
            be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
            you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
            still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
            continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
            meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
            <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
            question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
            meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
            opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
            but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
            information on this topic?>

            > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
            > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

            Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              Respected BRK.
              You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

              Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
              provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

              I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
              Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
              pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
              never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
              morning and after dinner in the evening.

              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
              2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
              and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
              me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
              ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
              away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
              relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
              been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
              works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
              is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
              into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
              the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
              B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
              jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
              [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                essential.regards- -- In
                meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
              • jogeshwarmahanta
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                  of us.

                  To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                  attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                  regards

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                  > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                  Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                  Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                  minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                  is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                  allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                  body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                  getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                  Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                  Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                  cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                  checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                  conditions !

                  > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                  Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                  > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                  meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                  it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                  not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                  meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                  pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                  a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                  day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                  consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                  the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                  Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                  America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                    (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                    regards

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                      Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                        He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                        we differ and search the differerences.

                        Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                        (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                        samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                        I enjoy.
                        regards

                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                        alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                        mettle. He is the owner

                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                        Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                        Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                        > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                        (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                        mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                        Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                        but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                        available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                        consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                        homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                        imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                        fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                        common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                        always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                        on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                        to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                        06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                        Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                        8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                        Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                        rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                        and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                        vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                        back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                        and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                          Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                          <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                          question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                          meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                          opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                          meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                          give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                          free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                          http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                          for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                          http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                          the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                          It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!