[Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      "My friends that cautioned me have had
      several experiences with ghosts in their house"

      LOL.

      Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
      you have a long path to tread, that is:
      From suffering to relief,
      From relief to cure(arogya)
      From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
      Wish you good luck.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
      the
      > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
      had
      > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
      > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
      > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
      disease
      > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
      > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
      > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
      with
      > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
      > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
      that
      > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
      > Chennai-41, INDIA
      > >

      > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
      > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
      Re:
      > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
      > >

      > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
      or
      > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
      therefore,
      > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
      whether
      > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
      > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
      > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
      > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
      > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
      meditating,
      > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
      > information on this topic?>

      > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
      > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

    • teachertweiss
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
        only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
        read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
        has been a life changing book for me.--- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

        > OSHO SAID :
        > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
        meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
        about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
        journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
        has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
        never reached.
        > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
        love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
        same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
        oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
        > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
        concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
        concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
        training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
        the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
        are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
        others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
        others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
        thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
        happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
        yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
        cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
        in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
        being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
        own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
        consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
        meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
        methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
        concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
        compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
        of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
        and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
        We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
        your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
        godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
        playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
        when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
        asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
        provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
        Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
        place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
        you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
        It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it
        is non-spatial too.

        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
        Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
        Meditation, can it be dangerous?

        > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
        you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
        character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
        without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
        many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
        wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
        <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
        <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
        on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
        the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
        about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
        you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
        still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
        > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
        In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
        <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
        question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
        about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
        I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
        start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
        Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
        from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
        general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
        effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
        Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
        level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
        approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
        you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
        because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only
        who approach meditation seriously.> People who are doing meditaion
        name shake no effect will be their.> They can ignore this point
        itself.>

      • teachertweiss@charter.net
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
          Greatful To Be Alive

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

            Here is my short cut to NOW.

            My commands to self
            1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
            2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
            3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
            4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

            (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
            of Now by Eckert Tolle"

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              From: teachertweiss@...
              Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
              Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

              --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

              > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
              more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
              several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
              let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
              started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
              I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
              help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
              > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
              one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
              Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
              it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
              Chennai-41, INDIA

              > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
              Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
              Meditation, can it be dangerous?

              > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
              idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
              be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
              you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
              still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
              continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
              meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
              <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
              question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
              meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
              opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
              but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
              information on this topic?>

              > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
              > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

              Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                Respected BRK.
                You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                regards

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                morning and after dinner in the evening.

                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                  [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                  something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                  matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                  practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                  you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                  then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                  essential.regards- -- In
                  meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                  <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                  question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                  meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                  opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                  meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                  give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                  Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                • jogeshwarmahanta
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                    of us.

                    To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                    attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                    regards

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                    > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                    Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                    Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                    minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                    is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                    allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                    body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                    getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                    Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                    Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                    cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                    checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                    conditions !

                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                    Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                    > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                    meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                    it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                    not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                    pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                    a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                    day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                    consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                    the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                    Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                    America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                      (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                      regards

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                        Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                          He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                          we differ and search the differerences.

                          Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                          (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                          samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                          I enjoy.
                          regards

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                          alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                          mettle. He is the owner

                          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                          Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                          > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                          (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                          mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                          Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                          but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                          available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                          consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                          homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                          imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                          fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                          common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                          always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                          on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                          to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                          meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                          06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                          Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                          8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                          Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                          rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                          and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                          vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                          back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                          and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                            Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                            Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                            <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                            question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                            meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                            opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                            meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                            give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                            free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                            http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                            for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                            http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                            the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                            It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!