[Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • teachertweiss
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
      more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
      several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
      let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
      started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
      I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
      help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
      > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
      one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
      Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
      it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
      Chennai-41, INDIA

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
      Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

      > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept or
      idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
      be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
      still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
      question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
      meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
      opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
      but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
      information on this topic?>

      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        "My friends that cautioned me have had
        several experiences with ghosts in their house"

        LOL.

        Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
        you have a long path to tread, that is:
        From suffering to relief,
        From relief to cure(arogya)
        From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
        Wish you good luck.

        <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
        > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
        the
        > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
        had
        > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
        > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
        > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
        disease
        > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
        > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
        > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
        with
        > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
        > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
        that
        > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
        > Chennai-41, INDIA
        > >

        > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
        > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
        Re:
        > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
        > >

        > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
        or
        > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
        therefore,
        > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
        whether
        > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
        > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
        > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
        > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
        > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
        > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
        > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
        > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
        meditating,
        > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
        > information on this topic?>

        > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
        > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

      • teachertweiss
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
          only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
          read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
          has been a life changing book for me.--- In
          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

          > OSHO SAID :
          > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
          meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
          about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
          journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
          has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
          never reached.
          > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
          love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
          same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
          oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
          > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
          concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
          concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
          training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
          the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
          are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
          others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
          others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
          thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
          happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
          yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
          cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
          in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
          being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
          own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
          consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
          meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
          methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
          concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
          compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
          of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
          and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
          We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
          your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
          godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
          playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
          when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
          asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
          provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
          Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
          place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
          you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
          It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it
          is non-spatial too.

          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
          Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
          you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
          character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
          without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
          many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
          wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
          <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
          <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
          on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
          the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
          about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
          you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
          still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
          > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
          In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
          <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
          question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
          about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
          I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
          start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
          Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
          from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
          general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
          effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
          Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
          level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
          approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
          you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
          because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only
          who approach meditation seriously.> People who are doing meditaion
          name shake no effect will be their.> They can ignore this point
          itself.>

        • teachertweiss@charter.net
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
            Greatful To Be Alive

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

              Here is my short cut to NOW.

              My commands to self
              1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
              2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
              3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
              4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

              (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
              of Now by Eckert Tolle"

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                From: teachertweiss@...
                Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
                Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                Chennai-41, INDIA

                > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                information on this topic?>

                > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
              • jogeshwarmahanta
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Respected BRK.
                  You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                  Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                  provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                  I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                  regards

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                  > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                  Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                  pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                  never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                  morning and after dinner in the evening.

                  > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                  2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                    [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                    something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                    matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                    practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                    you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                    then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                    essential.regards- -- In
                    meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                    <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                    question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                    meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                    opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                    meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                    give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                    Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                      of us.

                      To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                      attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                      regards

                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                      > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                      Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                      Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                      minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                      is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                      allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                      body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                      getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                      Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                      Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                      cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                      checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                      conditions !

                      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                      Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                      meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                      it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                      not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                      pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                      a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                      day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                      consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                      the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                      Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                      America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                        (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                        regards

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                          Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                            He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                            we differ and search the differerences.

                            Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                            (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                            samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                            I enjoy.
                            regards

                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                            alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                            mettle. He is the owner

                            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                            Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                            > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                            (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                            mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                            Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                            but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                            available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                            consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                            homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                            imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                            fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                            common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                            always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                            on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                            to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                            meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                            06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                            Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                            8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                            Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                            rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                            and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                            vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                            back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                            and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                              Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                              Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                              <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                              question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                              meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                              opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                              meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                              give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                              free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                              http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                              for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                              http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                              the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                              It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!