Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
      intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
      for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
      used by most if not all religious traditions to include
      Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
      meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
      subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
      I'm just making excuses.
      > Good luck in your path
      >
      > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
      > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
      to ask. Is
      > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
      > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
      evil?
      > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
      caution.
      > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
      >
      > For members

      This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
      facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
      that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
      experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
      or meditation no need to share views" .

      Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
      Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
      no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
      type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
      Point1:
      Some people do daily just to relax
      some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
      some do for good for the universe.
      some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
      some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
      some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
      achieve.
      So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

      Point2:
      In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
      available.
      1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
      chanted continuosly.
      2. Meditation with breath control.
      3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
      concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
      forehead).
      4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
      defined procedure.
      5. Using all together.
      6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
      controlling the breath.

      point3:
      After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
      and explanation;

      The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
      mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
      The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
      ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
      purity.
      This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
      please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
      So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
      may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
      be the result.
      For meditation food control most important. That what people say
      meditation to be done in empty stomach .
      The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
      The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
      Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
      These are all simple examples I have given here.

      Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
      dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
      I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
      extrapolate.

      To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
      teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
      principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
      will understand the hidden meaning.

      peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
      will allow
      on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
      office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
      teacher may allow or misguide
      office offical question you for your requirement
      PA test you
      You may meet the principal if you are perfect

      Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
      Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

      > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
      understand.

      > ---------------------------------
      > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
      Yahoo! Search.

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
        1.Sraddha/devotion
        2.Veerya/energy
        3.Smriti/memory
        4.Prajna/intuition..... and
        5.Samadhi.

        Please check up eligibility.
        regards

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.
        DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
        > will understand the hidden meaning.
        >
        > peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe
        benefit
        > will allow
        > on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
        > office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
        > teacher may allow or misguide
        > office offical question you for your requirement
        > PA test you
        > You may meet the principal if you are perfect
        >
        > Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all
        stages".
        > Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.
        >

        > > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult
        > understand.
        > >
        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

      • teachertweiss
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
          more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
          several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
          let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
          started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
          I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
          help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
          > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
          one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
          Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
          it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
          Chennai-41, INDIA

          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
          Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept or
          idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
          be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
          you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
          still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
          continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
          <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
          question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
          meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
          opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
          but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
          information on this topic?>

          > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            "My friends that cautioned me have had
            several experiences with ghosts in their house"

            LOL.

            Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
            you have a long path to tread, that is:
            From suffering to relief,
            From relief to cure(arogya)
            From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
            Wish you good luck.

            <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
            the
            > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
            had
            > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
            > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
            > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
            disease
            > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
            > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
            > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
            with
            > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
            > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
            that
            > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
            > Chennai-41, INDIA
            > >

            > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
            > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
            Re:
            > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
            > >

            > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
            or
            > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
            therefore,
            > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
            whether
            > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
            > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
            > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
            > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
            > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
            > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
            > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
            > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
            meditating,
            > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
            > information on this topic?>

            > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
            > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

          • teachertweiss
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
              only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
              read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
              has been a life changing book for me.--- In
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > OSHO SAID :
              > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
              meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
              about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
              journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
              has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
              never reached.
              > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
              love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
              same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
              oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
              > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
              concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
              concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
              training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
              the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
              are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
              others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
              others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
              thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
              happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
              yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
              cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
              in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
              being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
              own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
              consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
              meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
              methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
              concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
              compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
              of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
              and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
              We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
              your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
              godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
              playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
              when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
              asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
              provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
              Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
              place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
              you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
              It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it
              is non-spatial too.

              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
              Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
              Meditation, can it be dangerous?

              > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
              you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
              character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
              without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
              many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
              wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
              <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
              <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
              on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
              the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
              about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
              you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
              still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
              > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
              In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
              <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
              question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
              about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
              I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
              start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
              Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
              from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
              general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
              effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
              Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
              level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
              approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
              you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
              because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only
              who approach meditation seriously.> People who are doing meditaion
              name shake no effect will be their.> They can ignore this point
              itself.>

            • teachertweiss@charter.net
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                Greatful To Be Alive

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                  Here is my short cut to NOW.

                  My commands to self
                  1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                  2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                  3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                  4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                  (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                  of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                    From: teachertweiss@...
                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
                    Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                    --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                    > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                    more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                    several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                    let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                    started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                    I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                    help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                    > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                    one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                    Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                    it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                    Chennai-41, INDIA

                    > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                    Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                    > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                    idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                    be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                    you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                    still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                    continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                    meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                    <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                    question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                    meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                    opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                    but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                    information on this topic?>

                    > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                    > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                    Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      Respected BRK.
                      You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                      Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                      provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                      I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                      regards

                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                      > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                      Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                      pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                      never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                      morning and after dinner in the evening.

                      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                      2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
                      and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
                      me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
                      ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
                      away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
                      relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
                      been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
                      works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
                      is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
                      into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
                      the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
                      B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
                      jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
                      [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                        [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                        something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                        matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                        practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                        you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                        then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                        essential.regards- -- In
                        meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                        <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                        question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                        meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                        opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                        meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                        give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                        Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                      • jogeshwarmahanta
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                          I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                          of us.

                          To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                          attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                          regards

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                          > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                          Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                          Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                          minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                          is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                          allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                          body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                          getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                          Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                          Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                          cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                          checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                          conditions !

                          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                          Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                          > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                          meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                          it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                          not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                          pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                          a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                          day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                          consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                          the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                          Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                          America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                            (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?
                            regards

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                              Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                              Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                we differ and search the differerences.

                                Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                I enjoy.
                                regards

                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                mettle. He is the owner

                                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                  Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                                  <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                  question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                  meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                  opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                                  meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                                  give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                                  free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                                  http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                                  for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                                  http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                                  the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                                  It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!