[Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
      Claims are not necessarily effects.Effects are experienced.

      What are the short and long term experiences of effects?

      I do agree with the proposition that if meditations are not done
      rightly then dangerous effects may be incurred.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience
      arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start
      understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle
      changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language,
      the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness
      that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a
      Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then
      no other book is needed.
      > A man of meditation has learned how to be full of
      energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his
      abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish,
      it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not
      carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any
      happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going
      anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
      > Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root.
      Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion
      becomes compassion.
      > Meditation is something natural, something that is
      already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without
      any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams,
      so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow.
      Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from
      the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in
      this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of
      any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
      > REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY
      THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS,
      MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS
      SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
      Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

      > Interesting. In the long run we are to know what is meditation and
      what is not meditation.But I have fascination for what meditation
      does and what meditation has done so far.One result of meditation
      according to Patanjali:Roopalabanybalabajrasamhanatwani kayasampat.
      (One acquires beauty,gracefulness,strength, toughness of thunder
      bolt as wealth of body)regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > OSHO SAID : > And I say
      to you: sow nothing, and reap meditation or love. Sowing nothing -
      that is what meditation is all about. And its natural consequence is
      love. If, at the end of the journey of meditation, love has not
      flowered, then the whole journey has been futile. Something went
      wrong somewhere. You started but you never reached. > Love is the
      test. For the path of meditation, love is the test. They are two
      sides of one coin, two aspects of the same energy. When one is
      there, the other has to be there. If the oter is not there, then the
      first is also not there. > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
      concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
      concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
      training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
      the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
      are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
      others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
      others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
      thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
      happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
      yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
      cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
      in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
      being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
      own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
      consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
      meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
      methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
      concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
      compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
      of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
      and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to
      existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means
      going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into
      your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
      playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
      when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
      asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
      provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
      Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
      place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So
      whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it
      to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-
      temporal and it is non-spatial too. > > > To:
      meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21 Jan 2008
      09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > "In tamil there is a
      quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if you do correctly you
      will reach good state, high level ofmetal character. Realizing
      spiritual entities.The same approached with or without knowingly in
      a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per many siddhars they
      say many people died because of doing themeditaion wrongly."Golden
      words.regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
      <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
      on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
      the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
      about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
      > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
      stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
      dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
      friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
      > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
      caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
      >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
      time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
      improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
      quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
      will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
      spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
      in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
      siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
      wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
      seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
      be their.> They can ignore this point itself.> > > > > > > >
      __________________________________________________________> Tried
      the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>
      http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in>

      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

    • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
        intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
        for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
        used by most if not all religious traditions to include
        Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
        meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
        subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
        I'm just making excuses.
        > Good luck in your path
        >
        > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
        > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
        to ask. Is
        > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
        > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
        evil?
        > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
        caution.
        > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
        >
        > For members

        This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
        facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
        that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
        experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
        or meditation no need to share views" .

        Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
        Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
        no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
        type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
        Point1:
        Some people do daily just to relax
        some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
        some do for good for the universe.
        some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
        some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
        some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
        achieve.
        So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

        Point2:
        In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
        available.
        1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
        chanted continuosly.
        2. Meditation with breath control.
        3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
        concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
        forehead).
        4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
        defined procedure.
        5. Using all together.
        6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
        controlling the breath.

        point3:
        After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
        and explanation;

        The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
        mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
        The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
        ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
        purity.
        This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
        please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
        So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
        may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
        be the result.
        For meditation food control most important. That what people say
        meditation to be done in empty stomach .
        The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
        The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
        Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
        These are all simple examples I have given here.

        Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
        dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
        I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
        extrapolate.

        To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
        teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
        principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
        will understand the hidden meaning.

        peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
        will allow
        on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
        office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
        teacher may allow or misguide
        office offical question you for your requirement
        PA test you
        You may meet the principal if you are perfect

        Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
        Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

        > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
        understand.

        > ---------------------------------
        > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
        Yahoo! Search.

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
          1.Sraddha/devotion
          2.Veerya/energy
          3.Smriti/memory
          4.Prajna/intuition..... and
          5.Samadhi.

          Please check up eligibility.

        • teachertweiss
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

            > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
            more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
            several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
            let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
            started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
            I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
            help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
            > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
            one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
            Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
            it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
            Chennai-41, INDIA

            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
            Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              "My friends that cautioned me have had
              several experiences with ghosts in their house"

              LOL.

              Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
              you have a long path to tread, that is:
              From suffering to relief,
              From relief to cure(arogya)
              From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
              Wish you good luck.

              <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
              the
              > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
              had
              > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
              > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
              > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
              disease
              > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
              > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
              > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
              with
              > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
              > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
              that
              > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
              > Chennai-41, INDIA
              > >

              > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
              > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
              Re:
              > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
              > >

              > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
              or
              > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
              therefore,
              > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
              whether
              > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
              > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
              > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
              > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
              > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
              > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
              > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
              > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
              meditating,
              > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
              > information on this topic?>

              > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
              > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

            • teachertweiss
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
                only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
                read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
                has been a life changing book for me.--- In
> [...]
                of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
                and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
                We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
                your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
                godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
                playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
                when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
                asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
                provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
                Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
                place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
                you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
                It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it

                Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
                you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
                character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
                without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
                many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
                wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
                <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
                <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
                still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
                > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
                In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
                <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
                question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
                about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
                I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
                start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
                Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
                from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
                general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
                effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
                Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
                level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
                approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
                you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
                because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only

              • teachertweiss@charter.net
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                  Greatful To Be Alive

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                    Here is my short cut to NOW.

                    My commands to self
                    1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                    2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                    3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                    4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                    (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                    of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      From: teachertweiss@...
                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
                      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                      > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                      more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                      several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                      let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                      started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                      I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                      help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                      > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                      one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                      Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                      it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                      Chennai-41, INDIA

                      > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                      Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                      > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                      idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                      be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                      still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                      continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                      <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                      question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                      meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                      opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                      but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                      information on this topic?>

                      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                      Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        Respected BRK.
                        You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                        Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                        provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                        I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                        regards

                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                        > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                        Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                        pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                        never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                        morning and after dinner in the evening.

                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                        2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                          In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                          [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                          something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                          matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                          practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                          you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                          then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                          essential.regards- -- In
                          meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                          <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                          question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                          meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                          opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                          meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                          give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                          Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                        • jogeshwarmahanta
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                            of us.

                            To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                            attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                            regards

                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                            > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                            Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                            Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                            minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                            is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                            allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                            body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                            getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                            Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                            Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                            cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                            checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                            conditions !

                            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                            Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                            > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                            meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                            it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                            not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                            the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                              Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                              (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                  He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                  we differ and search the differerences.

                                  Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                  (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                  samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                  I enjoy.
                                  regards

                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                  > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                  alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                  mettle. He is the owner

                                  > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                  Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                  > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                  (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                  meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                  mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                  Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                  but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                  available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                  consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                  homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                  imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                  fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                  common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                  always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                  on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                  to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                  meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                  06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                  8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                  Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                  rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                  and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                  vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                  back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                  and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                    Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                                    <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                    question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                    meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                    opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                                    meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                                    give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                                    free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                                    http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                                    for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                                    http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                                    the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                                    It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!