[Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
      " REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND,
      IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION
      HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND
      THE MIND"

      He gives a different connotation to the mind.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience
      arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start
      understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle
      changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language,
      the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness
      that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a
      Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then
      no other book is needed.
      > A man of meditation has learned how to be full of
      energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his
      abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish,
      it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not
      carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any
      happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going
      anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
      > Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root.
      Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion
      becomes compassion.
      > Meditation is something natural, something that is
      already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without
      any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams,
      so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow.
      Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from
      the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in
      this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of
      any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
      > REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY
      THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS,
      MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS
      SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
      Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

      > Interesting. In the long run we are to know what is meditation and
      what is not meditation.But I have fascination for what meditation
      does and what meditation has done so far.One result of meditation
      according to Patanjali:Roopalabanybalabajrasamhanatwani kayasampat.
      (One acquires beauty,gracefulness,strength, toughness of thunder
      bolt as wealth of body)regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > OSHO SAID : > And I say
      to you: sow nothing, and reap meditation or love. Sowing nothing -
      that is what meditation is all about. And its natural consequence is
      love. If, at the end of the journey of meditation, love has not
      flowered, then the whole journey has been futile. Something went
      wrong somewhere. You started but you never reached. > Love is the
      test. For the path of meditation, love is the test. They are two
      sides of one coin, two aspects of the same energy. When one is
      there, the other has to be there. If the oter is not there, then the
      first is also not there. > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
      concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
      concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
      training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
      the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
      are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
      others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
      others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
      thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
      happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
      yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
      cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
      in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
      being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
      own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
      consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
      meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
      methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
      concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
      compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
      of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
      and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to
      existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means
      going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into
      your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
      playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
      when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
      asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
      provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
      Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
      place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So
      whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it
      to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-
      temporal and it is non-spatial too. > > > To:
      meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21 Jan 2008
      09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
      Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > "In tamil there is a
      quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if you do correctly you
      will reach good state, high level ofmetal character. Realizing
      spiritual entities.The same approached with or without knowingly in
      a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per many siddhars they
      say many people died because of doing themeditaion wrongly."Golden
      words.regards--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
      <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
      on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
      the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
      about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
      > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
      stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
      dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
      friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
      > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
      caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
      >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
      time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
      improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
      quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
      will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
      spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
      in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
      siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
      wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
      seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
      be their.> They can ignore this point itself.> > > > > > > >
      __________________________________________________________> Tried
      the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>
      http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in>

      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
        Claims are not necessarily effects.Effects are experienced.

        What are the short and long term experiences of effects?

        I do agree with the proposition that if meditations are not done
        rightly then dangerous effects may be incurred.

      • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
          intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
          for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
          used by most if not all religious traditions to include
          Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
          meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
          subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
          I'm just making excuses.
          > Good luck in your path
          >
          > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
          > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
          to ask. Is
          > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
          > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
          evil?
          > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
          caution.
          > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
          >
          > For members

          This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
          facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
          that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
          experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
          or meditation no need to share views" .

          Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
          Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
          no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
          type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
          Point1:
          Some people do daily just to relax
          some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
          some do for good for the universe.
          some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
          some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
          some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
          achieve.
          So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

          Point2:
          In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
          available.
          1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
          chanted continuosly.
          2. Meditation with breath control.
          3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
          concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
          forehead).
          4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
          defined procedure.
          5. Using all together.
          6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
          controlling the breath.

          point3:
          After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
          and explanation;

          The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
          mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
          The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
          ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
          purity.
          This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
          please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
          So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
          may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
          be the result.
          For meditation food control most important. That what people say
          meditation to be done in empty stomach .
          The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
          The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
          Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
          These are all simple examples I have given here.

          Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
          dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
          I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
          extrapolate.

          To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
          teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
          principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
          will understand the hidden meaning.

          peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
          will allow
          on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
          office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
          teacher may allow or misguide
          office offical question you for your requirement
          PA test you
          You may meet the principal if you are perfect

          Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
          Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

          > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
          understand.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
          Yahoo! Search.

        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
            Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
            1.Sraddha/devotion
            2.Veerya/energy
            3.Smriti/memory
            4.Prajna/intuition..... and
            5.Samadhi.

            Please check up eligibility.

          • teachertweiss
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
              more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
              several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
              let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
              started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
              I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
              help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
              > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
              one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
              Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
              it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
              Chennai-41, INDIA

              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
              Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                "My friends that cautioned me have had
                several experiences with ghosts in their house"

                LOL.

                Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
                you have a long path to tread, that is:
                From suffering to relief,
                From relief to cure(arogya)
                From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
                Wish you good luck.

                <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
                the
                > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
                had
                > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
                disease
                > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
                with
                > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
                that
                > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                > Chennai-41, INDIA
                > >

                > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
                > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
                Re:
                > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                > >

                > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
                or
                > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
                therefore,
                > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
                whether
                > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
                > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                meditating,
                > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                > information on this topic?>

                > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

              • teachertweiss
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
                  only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
                  read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
                  has been a life changing book for me.--- In
> [...]
                  of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
                  and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence.
                  We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into
                  your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your
                  godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
                  playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
                  when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
                  asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
                  provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
                  Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
                  place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever
                  you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen.
                  It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it

                  Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                  > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
                  you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
                  character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
                  without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per
                  many siddhars they say many people died because of doing themeditaion
                  wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
                  meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
                  <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
                  meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
                  <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                  on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                  the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                  about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                  you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
                  still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
                  > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
                  In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
                  <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
                  question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
                  about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
                  I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
                  start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
                  Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
                  from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
                  general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
                  effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
                  Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
                  level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
                  approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
                  you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
                  because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only

                • teachertweiss@charter.net
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                    Greatful To Be Alive

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                      Here is my short cut to NOW.

                      My commands to self
                      1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                      2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                      3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                      4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                      (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                      of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                        From: teachertweiss@...
                        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000
                        Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                        > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                        more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                        several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                        let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                        started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                        I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                        help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                        > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                        one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                        Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                        it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                        Chennai-41, INDIA

                        > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                        Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                        Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                        > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                        idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                        be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                        you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                        still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                        continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                        meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                        <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                        question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                        meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                        opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                        but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                        information on this topic?>

                        > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                        > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                        Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                      • jogeshwarmahanta
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                          Respected BRK.
                          You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                          Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                          provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                          I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                          regards

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                          > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                          Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                          pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                          never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                          morning and after dinner in the evening.

                          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                          2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                            Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

> [...]

                            [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                            something,object, percept or idea. The nature of the "something"
                            matters. First of all, therefore, be clear about your purpose.Your
                            practice alone will tell you whether you are in right direction. If
                            you are not in right direction and still you are forcing yourself
                            then certainly it will harm you. So continuous review of effects is
                            essential.regards- -- In
                            meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                            <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                            question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                            meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                            opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                            meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                            give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >

                            Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                          • jogeshwarmahanta
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                              I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                              of us.

                              To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                              attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                              regards

                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                              > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                              Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                              Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                              minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                              is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                              allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                              body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                              getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                              Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                              Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                              cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                              checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                              conditions !

                              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                              Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                              Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                              > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                              meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                              it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                              not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                              the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                  Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                    He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                    we differ and search the differerences.

                                    Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                    (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                    samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                    I enjoy.
                                    regards

                                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                    > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                    alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                    mettle. He is the owner

                                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                    Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                    > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                    (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                    meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                    mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                    Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                    but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                    available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                    consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                    homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                    imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                    fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                    common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                    always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                    on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                    to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                    meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                    06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                    8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                    Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                    rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                    and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                    vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                    back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                    and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                      Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000

> [...]

                                      <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                      question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                      meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                      opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                                      meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone
                                      give me some information on this topic?> > > > > > > >
                                      free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in>
                                      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221> > > > > > > >
                                      for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello. in>
                                      http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=186> > > > > > > >
                                      the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>

                                      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!