Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
      "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
      Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
      metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
      The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
      lead you to become mad.
      As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
      meditaion wrongly."

      Golden words.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.
      DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

      > --- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
      or
      > > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
      > therefore,
      > > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
      > whether
      > > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction
      and
      > > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you.
      So

      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
      > ask. Is
      > > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been
      cautioned
      > by
      > > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for
      something
      > > evil?
      > > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
      > > caution.
      > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
      > > >
      > >This is from dhananjeyan
      >
      > A good question asked after a long time.
      > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
      > the effect will be their.
      > In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
      > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level
      of
      > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
      > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
      will
      > lead you to become mad.
      > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
      the
      > meditaion wrongly.
      > This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
      > People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
      > They can ignore this point itself.

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
        Here are 5 eligibility criteria.

        1.Comprehension,
        2.Memory
        3.Intuition
        4.Tenacity and
        5.Non-complacency.
        regards

        --- In
        <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

        > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
        > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
        > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
        > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
        will
        > lead you to become mad.
        > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
        > meditaion wrongly."
        >
        > Golden words.
        > regards
        >

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.
        > DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In
        > > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
        > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Meditation means focusing attention on
        something,object,percept
        > or
        > > > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
        > > therefore,
        > > > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
        > > whether
        > > > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction
        > and
        > > > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm
        you.
        > So
        > > > continuous review of effects is essential.
        > > > regards
        > > >

        > > > --- In
        > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"

        > > ask. Is
        > cautioned
        > > by
        > something
        > > > evil?
        > > > caution.
        > > > >
        > > >This is from dhananjeyan
        > >
        > > A good question asked after a long time.
        > > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
        improperly
        > > the effect will be their.
        > > In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
        > > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level
        > of
        > > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
        > > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
        > will
        > > lead you to become mad.
        > > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
        > the
        > > meditaion wrongly.
        > > This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
        > > People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be
        their.
        > > They can ignore this point itself.

      • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
          OSHO SAID :
                              And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you never reached.
                              Love is the test. For the path of meditation, love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
                              Meditation is not concentration. A man of concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of concentration may become more violent because concentration is a training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours, and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything, when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens. Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time, place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it is non-spatial too.

          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
          Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
          metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
          The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
          lead you to become mad.
          As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
          meditaion wrongly."

          Golden words.
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "M.V.T.
          DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@.. .> wrote:

          > --- In
          > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
          > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept
          or
          > > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
          > therefore,
          > > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
          > whether
          > > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction
          and
          > > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you.
          So
          > > continuous review of effects is essential.
          > > regards
          > >

          > > --- In
          meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
          > > <teachertweiss@ > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
          > ask. Is
          > > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been
          cautioned
          > by
          > > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for
          something
          > > evil?
          > > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
          > > caution.
          > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
          > > >
          > >This is from dhananjeyan
          >
          > A good question asked after a long time.
          > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
          > the effect will be their.
          > In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
          > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level
          of
          > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
          > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
          will
          > lead you to become mad.
          > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
          the
          > meditaion wrongly.
          > This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
          > People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
          > They can ignore this point itself.

          Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
            Interesting. In the long run we are to know what is meditation and
            what is not meditation.

            But I have fascination for what meditation does and what meditation
            has done so far.

            One result of meditation according to Patanjali:
            Roopalabanybalabajrasamhanatwani kayasampat.

            (One acquires beauty,gracefulness,strength, toughness of thunder
            bolt as wealth of body)
            regards

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

            > OSHO SAID :
            > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
            meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
            about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
            journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
            has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
            never reached.
            > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
            love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
            same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
            oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
            > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
            concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
            concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
            training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
            the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
            are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
            others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
            others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
            thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
            happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
            yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
            cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
            in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
            being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
            own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
            consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
            meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
            methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
            concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
            compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
            of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
            and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to
            existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means
            going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into
            your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
            playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
            when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
            asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
            provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
            Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
            place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So
            whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it
            to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-
            temporal and it is non-spatial too.

            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
            Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

            > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
            you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
            character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
            without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As
            per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
            themeditaion wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
            <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
            <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
            on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
            the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
            about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
            you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
            > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
            > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
            > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
            stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
            dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
            friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
            > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
            caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
            >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
            time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
            improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
              Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language, the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then no other book is needed.
                           A man of meditation has learned how to be full of energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish, it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                           Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root. Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion becomes compassion.
                           Meditation is something natural, something that is already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams, so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow. Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                           REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000

> [...]

              > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
              caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
              >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
              time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
              improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
              quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
              will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
              spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
              in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
              siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
              wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
              seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
              be their.> They can ignore this point itself.>

              > Tried the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.

              It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                " REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND,
                IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION
                HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND
                THE MIND"

                He gives a different connotation to the mind.
                regards

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                > Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience
                arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start
                understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle
                changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language,
                the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness
                that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a
                Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then
                no other book is needed.
                > A man of meditation has learned how to be full of
                energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his
                abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish,
                it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not
                carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any
                happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going
                anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                > Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root.
                Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion
                becomes compassion.
                > Meditation is something natural, something that is
                already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without
                any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams,
                so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow.
                Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from
                the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in
                this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of
                any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                > REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY
                THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS,
                MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS
                SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
                Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > OSHO SAID : > And I say
[...]
                temporal and it is non-spatial too. > > > To:
                meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21 Jan 2008
                09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > "In tamil there is a
                quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if you do correctly you
                will reach good state, high level ofmetal character. Realizing
                spiritual entities.The same approached with or without knowingly in
                a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per many siddhars they
                say many people died because of doing themeditaion wrongly."Golden
                words.regards--- In
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
                <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
                <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
                > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
                stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
                dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
                friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
                > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
                caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
                >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
                time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
                improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
                quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
                will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
                spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
                in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
                siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
                wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
                seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
                be their.> They can ignore this point itself.> > > > > > > >
                __________________________________________________________> Tried
                the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>
                http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in>

                > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

              • jogeshwarmahanta
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                  Claims are not necessarily effects.Effects are experienced.

                  What are the short and long term experiences of effects?

                  I do agree with the proposition that if meditations are not done
                  rightly then dangerous effects may be incurred.

                • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                    <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                    > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
                    intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
                    for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
                    used by most if not all religious traditions to include
                    Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
                    meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
                    subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
                    I'm just making excuses.
                    > Good luck in your path
                    >
                    > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
                    > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
                    to ask. Is
                    > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
                    > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
                    evil?
                    > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
                    caution.
                    > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
                    >
                    > For members

                    This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
                    facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
                    that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
                    experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
                    or meditation no need to share views" .

                    Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
                    Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
                    no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
                    type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
                    Point1:
                    Some people do daily just to relax
                    some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
                    some do for good for the universe.
                    some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
                    some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
                    some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
                    achieve.
                    So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

                    Point2:
                    In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
                    available.
                    1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
                    chanted continuosly.
                    2. Meditation with breath control.
                    3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
                    concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
                    forehead).
                    4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
                    defined procedure.
                    5. Using all together.
                    6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
                    controlling the breath.

                    point3:
                    After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
                    and explanation;

                    The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
                    mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
                    The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
                    ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
                    purity.
                    This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
                    please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
                    So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
                    may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
                    be the result.
                    For meditation food control most important. That what people say
                    meditation to be done in empty stomach .
                    The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
                    The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
                    Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
                    These are all simple examples I have given here.

                    Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
                    dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
                    I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
                    extrapolate.

                    To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
                    teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
                    principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
                    will understand the hidden meaning.

                    peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
                    will allow
                    on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
                    office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
                    teacher may allow or misguide
                    office offical question you for your requirement
                    PA test you
                    You may meet the principal if you are perfect

                    Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
                    Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

                    > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
                    understand.

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
                    Yahoo! Search.

                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                      Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
                      1.Sraddha/devotion
                      2.Veerya/energy
                      3.Smriti/memory
                      4.Prajna/intuition..... and
                      5.Samadhi.

                      Please check up eligibility.

                    • teachertweiss
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                        > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                        more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                        several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                        let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                        started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                        I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                        help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                        > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                        one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                        Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                        it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                        Chennai-41, INDIA

                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
                        Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                          "My friends that cautioned me have had
                          several experiences with ghosts in their house"

                          LOL.

                          Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
                          you have a long path to tread, that is:
                          From suffering to relief,
                          From relief to cure(arogya)
                          From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
                          Wish you good luck.

                          <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

                          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                          > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
                          the
                          > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
                          had
                          > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                          > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                          > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
                          disease
                          > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                          > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                          > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
                          with
                          > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                          > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
                          that
                          > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                          > Chennai-41, INDIA
                          > >

                          > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
                          > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
                          Re:
                          > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                          > >

                          > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
                          or
                          > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
                          therefore,
                          > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
                          whether
                          > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                          > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                          > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
                          > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                          > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                          > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                          > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                          > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                          meditating,
                          > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                          > information on this topic?>

                          > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                          > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

                        • teachertweiss
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
                            only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
                            read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
                            has been a life changing book for me.--- In
> [...]
                            you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
                            still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
                            > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
                            In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
                            <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
                            question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
                            about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
                            I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
                            start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
                            Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
                            from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
                            general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly > the
                            effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal
                            Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high
                            level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The same
                            approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
                            you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
                            because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is only

                          • teachertweiss@charter.net
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                              Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                              Greatful To Be Alive

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                Here is my short cut to NOW.

                                My commands to self
                                1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                                2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                                3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                                4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                                (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                                of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                  To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: teachertweiss@...
                                  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000

                                  --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                                  > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                                  more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                                  several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                                  let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                                  started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                                  I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                                  help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                                  > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                                  one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                                  Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                                  it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                                  Chennai-41, INDIA

                                  > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                                  Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                  > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                                  idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                                  be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                                  you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                                  still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                                  continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                                  meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                                  <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                  question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                  meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                  opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                                  but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                                  information on this topic?>

                                  > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                                  > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                                  Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                                • jogeshwarmahanta
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                    Respected BRK.
                                    You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                                    Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                                    provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                                    I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                                    regards

                                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                    > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                                    Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                                    pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                                    never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                                    morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                                    2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
                                    and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
                                    me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
                                    ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
                                    away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
                                    relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
                                    been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
                                    works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
                                    is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
                                    into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
                                    the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
                                    B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
                                    jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
                                    [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                      In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                        I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                                        of us.

                                        To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                                        attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                                        regards

                                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                        > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                                        Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                                        Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                                        minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                                        is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                                        allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                                        body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                                        getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                                        Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                                        Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                                        cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                                        checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                                        conditions !

                                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                        Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                        Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                        > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                                        meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                                        it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                                        not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                                        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                                        pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                                        a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                                        day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                                        consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                                        the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                                        Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                                        America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                          Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                          (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                            Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                                            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                            Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                              He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                              we differ and search the differerences.

                                              Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                              (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                              samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                              I enjoy.
                                              regards

                                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                              > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                              alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                              mettle. He is the owner

                                              > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                              Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                              Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                              > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                              (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                              mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                              Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                              but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                              available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                              consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                              homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                              imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                              fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                              common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                              always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                              on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                              to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                              meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                              06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                              Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                              8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                              Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                              rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                              and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                              vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                              back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                              and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                                Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000