RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 20, 2008
      Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking into  one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that it  will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

      Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
      idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
      be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
      still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      continuous review of effects is essential.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
      <teachertweiss@ ...> wrote:

      > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. Is
      > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
      > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
      evil?
      > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
      caution.
      > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?

      Detailed profiles 4 marriage! Only at Shaadi.com Try it!
    • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
        --- In
        <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

        > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept or
        > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
        therefore,
        > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
        whether
        > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
        > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
        > continuous review of effects is essential.
        > regards
        >

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
        > <teachertweiss@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
        ask. Is
        > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned
        by
        > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
        > evil?
        > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
        > caution.
        > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
        > >
        >This is from dhananjeyan

        A good question asked after a long time.
        The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
        the effect will be their.
        In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
        Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
        metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
        The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
        lead you to become mad.
        As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
        meditaion wrongly.
        This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
        People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
        They can ignore this point itself.
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
          "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
          Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
          metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
          The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
          lead you to become mad.
          As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
          meditaion wrongly."

          Golden words.
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
            Here are 5 eligibility criteria.

            1.Comprehension,
            2.Memory
            3.Intuition
            4.Tenacity and
            5.Non-complacency.
            regards

            --- In

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
              OSHO SAID :
                                  And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you never reached.
                                  Love is the test. For the path of meditation, love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
                                  Meditation is not concentration. A man of concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of concentration may become more violent because concentration is a training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours, and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything, when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens. Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time, place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it is non-spatial too.

              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000

              "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
              Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
              metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
              The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
              lead you to become mad.
              As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
              meditaion wrongly."

              Golden words.
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "M.V.T.
              DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@.. .> wrote:

              > --- In
              > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
              > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept
              or
              > > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
              > therefore,
              > > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
              > whether
              > > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction
              and
              > > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you.
              So
              > > continuous review of effects is essential.
              > > regards
              > >

              > > --- In
              meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
              > > <teachertweiss@ > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
              > ask. Is
              > > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been
              cautioned
              > by
              > > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for
              something
              > > evil?
              > > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
              > > caution.
              > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
              > > >
              > >This is from dhananjeyan
              >
              > A good question asked after a long time.
              > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
              > the effect will be their.
              > In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
              > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level
              of
              > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
              > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
              will
              > lead you to become mad.
              > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
              the
              > meditaion wrongly.
              > This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
              > People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
              > They can ignore this point itself.

              Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                Interesting. In the long run we are to know what is meditation and
                what is not meditation.

                But I have fascination for what meditation does and what meditation
                has done so far.

                One result of meditation according to Patanjali:
                Roopalabanybalabajrasamhanatwani kayasampat.

                (One acquires beauty,gracefulness,strength, toughness of thunder
                bolt as wealth of body)
                regards

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                > OSHO SAID :
                > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
                meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
                about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
                journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
                has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
                never reached.
                > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
                love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
                same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
                oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
                > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
                concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
                concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
                training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
                the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
                are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
                others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
                others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
                thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
                happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
                yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
                cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
                in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
                being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
                own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
                consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
                meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
                methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
                concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
                compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
                of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
                and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to
                existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means
                going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into
                your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
                playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
                when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
                asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
                provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
                Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
                place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So
                whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it
                to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-
                temporal and it is non-spatial too.

                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
                Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
                you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
                character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
                without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As
                per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
                themeditaion wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
                <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                  Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language, the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then no other book is needed.
                               A man of meditation has learned how to be full of energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish, it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                               Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root. Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion becomes compassion.
                               Meditation is something natural, something that is already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams, so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow. Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                               REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                  Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000

> [...]

                  > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
                  caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
                  >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
                  time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
                  improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
                  quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
                  will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
                  spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
                  in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
                  siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
                  wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
                  seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
                  be their.> They can ignore this point itself.>

                  > Tried the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.

                  It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                • jogeshwarmahanta
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                    " REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND,
                    IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION
                    HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND
                    THE MIND"

                    He gives a different connotation to the mind.
                    regards

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                    > Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience
                    arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start
                    understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle
                    changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language,
                    the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness
                    that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a
                    Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then
                    no other book is needed.
                    > A man of meditation has learned how to be full of
                    energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his
                    abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish,
                    it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not
                    carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any
                    happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going
                    anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                    > Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root.
                    Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion
                    becomes compassion.
                    > Meditation is something natural, something that is
                    already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without
                    any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams,
                    so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow.
                    Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from
                    the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in
                    this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of
                    any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                    > REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY
                    THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS,
                    MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS
                    SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
                    Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > OSHO SAID : > And I say
[...]
                    temporal and it is non-spatial too. > > > To:
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21 Jan 2008
                    09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > "In tamil there is a
                    quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if you do correctly you
                    will reach good state, high level ofmetal character. Realizing
                    spiritual entities.The same approached with or without knowingly in
                    a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per many siddhars they
                    say many people died because of doing themeditaion wrongly."Golden
                    words.regards--- In
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
                    <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
                    meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
                    <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                    on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                    the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                    about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                    you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
                    > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                    > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                    > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
                    stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
                    dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
                    friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
                    > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
                    caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
                    >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
                    time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
                    improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
                    quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
                    will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
                    spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
                    in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
                    siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
                    wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
                    seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
                    be their.> They can ignore this point itself.> > > > > > > >
                    __________________________________________________________> Tried
                    the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>
                    http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in>

                    > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                      Claims are not necessarily effects.Effects are experienced.

                      What are the short and long term experiences of effects?

                      I do agree with the proposition that if meditations are not done
                      rightly then dangerous effects may be incurred.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                        > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
                        intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
                        for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
                        used by most if not all religious traditions to include
                        Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
                        meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
                        subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
                        I'm just making excuses.
                        > Good luck in your path
                        >
                        > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
                        > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
                        to ask. Is
                        > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
                        > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
                        evil?
                        > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
                        caution.
                        > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
                        >
                        > For members

                        This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
                        facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
                        that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
                        experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
                        or meditation no need to share views" .

                        Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
                        Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
                        no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
                        type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
                        Point1:
                        Some people do daily just to relax
                        some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
                        some do for good for the universe.
                        some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
                        some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
                        some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
                        achieve.
                        So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

                        Point2:
                        In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
                        available.
                        1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
                        chanted continuosly.
                        2. Meditation with breath control.
                        3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
                        concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
                        forehead).
                        4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
                        defined procedure.
                        5. Using all together.
                        6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
                        controlling the breath.

                        point3:
                        After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
                        and explanation;

                        The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
                        mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
                        The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
                        ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
                        purity.
                        This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
                        please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
                        So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
                        may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
                        be the result.
                        For meditation food control most important. That what people say
                        meditation to be done in empty stomach .
                        The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
                        The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
                        Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
                        These are all simple examples I have given here.

                        Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
                        dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
                        I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
                        extrapolate.

                        To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
                        teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
                        principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
                        will understand the hidden meaning.

                        peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
                        will allow
                        on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
                        office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
                        teacher may allow or misguide
                        office offical question you for your requirement
                        PA test you
                        You may meet the principal if you are perfect

                        Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
                        Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

                        > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
                        understand.

                        > ---------------------------------
                        > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
                        Yahoo! Search.

                      • jogeshwarmahanta
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                          Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
                          1.Sraddha/devotion
                          2.Veerya/energy
                          3.Smriti/memory
                          4.Prajna/intuition..... and
                          5.Samadhi.

                          Please check up eligibility.

                        • teachertweiss
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                            > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                            more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                            several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                            let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                            started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                            I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                            help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                            > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                            one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                            Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                            it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                            Chennai-41, INDIA

                            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
                            Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                              "My friends that cautioned me have had
                              several experiences with ghosts in their house"

                              LOL.

                              Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
                              you have a long path to tread, that is:
                              From suffering to relief,
                              From relief to cure(arogya)
                              From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
                              Wish you good luck.

                              <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

                              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                              > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
                              the
                              > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
                              had
                              > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                              > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                              > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
                              disease
                              > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                              > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                              > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
                              with
                              > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                              > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
                              that
                              > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                              > Chennai-41, INDIA
                              > >

                              > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
                              > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
                              Re:
                              > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                              > >

                              > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
                              or
                              > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
                              therefore,
                              > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
                              whether
                              > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                              > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                              > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
                              > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                              > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                              > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                              > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                              > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                              meditating,
                              > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                              > information on this topic?>

                              > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                              > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

                            • teachertweiss
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
                                only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
                                read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
                                has been a life changing book for me.--- In
> [...]
                                <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                                on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                                the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                                about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                                you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
                                still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
                                > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
                                In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
                                <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
                                question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
                                about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
                                I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
                                start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
                                Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is

                              • teachertweiss@charter.net
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                  Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                                  Greatful To Be Alive

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                    "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                    Here is my short cut to NOW.

                                    My commands to self
                                    1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                                    2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                                    3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                                    4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                                    (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                                    of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                      To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: teachertweiss@...
                                      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000

                                      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                                      > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                                      more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                                      several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                                      let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                                      started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                                      I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                                      help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                                      > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                                      one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                                      Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                                      it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                                      Chennai-41, INDIA

                                      > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                                      Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                      > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                                      idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                                      be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                                      you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                                      still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                                      continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                                      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                                      <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                      question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                      meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                      opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                                      but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                                      information on this topic?>

                                      > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                                      > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                                      Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                        Respected BRK.
                                        You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                                        Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                                        provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                                        I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                                        regards

                                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                        > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                                        Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                                        pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                                        never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                                        morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                                        2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
                                        and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
                                        me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
                                        ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
                                        away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
                                        relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
                                        been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
                                        works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
                                        B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                          In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                                          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                            I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                                            of us.

                                            To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                                            attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                                            regards

                                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                            > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                                            Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                                            Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                                            minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                                            is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                                            allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                                            body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                                            getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                                            Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                                            Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                                            cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                                            checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                                            conditions !

                                            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                            Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                            Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                            > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                                            meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                                            it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                                            not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                                            meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                                            pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                                            a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                                            day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                                            consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                                            the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                                            Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                                            America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                              Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                              (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                                                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                                Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                  He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                                  we differ and search the differerences.

                                                  Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                                  (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                                  samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                                  I enjoy.
                                                  regards

                                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                                  > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                                  alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                                  mettle. He is the owner

                                                  > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                                  Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                                  > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                                  (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                                  meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                                  mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                                  Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                                  but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                                  available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                                  consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                                  homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                                  imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                                  fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                                  common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                                  always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                                  on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                                  to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                                  meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                                  06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                                  Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                                  8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                                  Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                                  rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                                  and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                                  vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                                  back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                                  and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                    Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000