Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 19, 2008
      Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human intent.  Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be used by most if not all religious traditions to include Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but I'm just making excuses.
      Good luck in your path

      teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
      I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. Is
      there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
      several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something evil?
      I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with caution.
      Can anyone give me some information on this topic?

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 19, 2008
        Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept or
        idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
        be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
        you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
        still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
        continuous review of effects is essential.
        regards

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
        <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

        > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. Is
        > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
        > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
        evil?
        > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
        caution.
        > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?

      • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 20, 2008
          Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking into  one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that it  will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA

          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000
          Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

          <teachertweiss@ ...> wrote:

          > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. Is
          > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
          > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
          evil?
          > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
          caution.
          > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?

          Detailed profiles 4 marriage! Only at Shaadi.com Try it!
        • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
            --- In
            <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

            > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept or
            > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
            therefore,
            > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
            whether
            > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
            > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
            > continuous review of effects is essential.
            > regards
            >

            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
            > <teachertweiss@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
            ask. Is
            > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned
            by
            > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
            > evil?
            > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
            > caution.
            > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
            > >
            >This is from dhananjeyan

            A good question asked after a long time.
            The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
            the effect will be their.
            In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
            Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
            metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
            The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
            lead you to become mad.
            As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
            meditaion wrongly.
            This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
            People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
            They can ignore this point itself.
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
              "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
              Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
              metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
              The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
              lead you to become mad.
              As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
              meditaion wrongly."

              Golden words.
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T.

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                Here are 5 eligibility criteria.

                1.Comprehension,
                2.Memory
                3.Intuition
                4.Tenacity and
                5.Non-complacency.
                regards

                --- In

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                  OSHO SAID :
                                      And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you never reached.
                                      Love is the test. For the path of meditation, love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
                                      Meditation is not concentration. A man of concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of concentration may become more violent because concentration is a training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours, and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything, when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens. Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time, place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-temporal and it is non-spatial too.

                  To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                  Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000

                  "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
                  Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level of
                  metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
                  The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will
                  lead you to become mad.
                  As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing the
                  meditaion wrongly."

                  Golden words.
                  regards

                  --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "M.V.T.
                  DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@.. .> wrote:

                  > --- In
                  > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                  > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept
                  or
                  > > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
                  > therefore,
                  > > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
                  > whether
                  > > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction
                  and
                  > > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you.
                  So
                  > > continuous review of effects is essential.
                  > > regards
                  > >

                  > > --- In
                  meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                  > > <teachertweiss@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have to
                  > ask. Is
                  > > > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been
                  cautioned
                  > by
                  > > > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for
                  something
                  > > evil?
                  > > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
                  > > caution.
                  > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
                  > > >
                  > >This is from dhananjeyan
                  >
                  > A good question asked after a long time.
                  > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly
                  > the effect will be their.
                  > In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.
                  > Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state, high level
                  of
                  > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.
                  > The same approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it
                  will
                  > lead you to become mad.
                  > As per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
                  the
                  > meditaion wrongly.
                  > This information is only who approach meditation seriously.
                  > People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will be their.
                  > They can ignore this point itself.

                  Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!
                • jogeshwarmahanta
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                    Interesting. In the long run we are to know what is meditation and
                    what is not meditation.

                    But I have fascination for what meditation does and what meditation
                    has done so far.

                    One result of meditation according to Patanjali:
                    Roopalabanybalabajrasamhanatwani kayasampat.

                    (One acquires beauty,gracefulness,strength, toughness of thunder
                    bolt as wealth of body)
                    regards

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                    Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                    > OSHO SAID :
                    > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
                    meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is all
                    about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
                    journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole journey
                    has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but you
                    never reached.
                    > Love is the test. For the path of meditation,
                    love is the test. They are two sides of one coin, two aspects of the
                    same energy. When one is there, the other has to be there. If the
                    oter is not there, then the first is also not there.
                    > Meditation is not concentration. A man of
                    concentration may not attain love; in fact, he will not. A man of
                    concentration may become more violent because concentration is a
                    training to remain tense, concentration is an effort to narrow down
                    the Mind. It is deep violence with your consciousness. And when you
                    are violent with your consciousness you cannot be non-violent with
                    others. Whatever you are with yourself, you are going to be with
                    others. Medittion is just to be, not doing anything - no action, no
                    thought, no emotion. Meditation is being here now. And when one is
                    happy for no reason, that happiness cannot be contained within
                    yourself. It keeps spreading to others, it becomes a sharing. You
                    cannot hold it, it is so much, it is so infinite. You cannot hold it
                    in your hands, you have to allow it to spread. Meditation is just
                    being delighted in your own preence; meditation is a delight in your
                    own being. It is very simple -- a totally relaxed state of
                    consciousness where you are not doing anything. Concentration is not
                    meditation; concentration is the method of science. It is scientific
                    methodology. A man of science needs the deep discipline of
                    concentration, but a man of science is not expected to be
                    compassionate. Meditation will bring you sensitivity, a great sense
                    of belonging to the world. It is our world - - the stars are ours,
                    and we are not foreigners here. We belong intrinsically to
                    existence. We are part of it, we are heart of it. Meditation means
                    going into your immortality, going into your eternity, going into
                    your godliness. Meditation can happen only in playfulness, in utter
                    playfulness, when you are not searching and seeking for anything,
                    when you are simply dancing or singing or chanting; when you are not
                    asking, when the activity is all and all in itself, no future is
                    provoked, no future is involved in it ..... then it happens.
                    Meditation is a happening. Meditation has nothing to do with time,
                    place. It has something to do with you, your inner space. So
                    whenever you are free of the day to day routine, relax and allow it
                    to happen. It can happen any place, any time, because it is non-
                    temporal and it is non-spatial too.

                    > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
                    Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                    Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                    > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
                    you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
                    character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with or
                    without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As
                    per many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
                    themeditaion wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
                    <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                      Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language, the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then no other book is needed.
                                   A man of meditation has learned how to be full of energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish, it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                                   Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root. Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion becomes compassion.
                                   Meditation is something natural, something that is already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams, so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow. Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                                   REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

                      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                      Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000

> [...]

                      > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
                      caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
                      >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
                      time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
                      improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
                      quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
                      will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
                      spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
                      in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
                      siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
                      wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
                      seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
                      be their.> They can ignore this point itself.>

                      > Tried the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.

                      It's about getting married. Click here! Try it!
                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                        " REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY THE MIND,
                        IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS, MEDITATION
                        HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS SOMETHING BEYOND
                        THE MIND"

                        He gives a different connotation to the mind.
                        regards

                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                        > Yes. Certainly. OSHO says further :- " Then a great experience
                        arises gradually. You start falling in tune with nature, you start
                        understanding the ways, the subtle ways of nature, the subtle
                        changes that happen in nature. You start understanding the language,
                        the nuances, the gestures of nature, and infinite is the happiness
                        that arises out of that understanding. One can almost become a
                        Buddha by just really becoming a reader of the book of nature; then
                        no other book is needed.
                        > A man of meditation has learned how to be full of
                        energy, at the maximum, optimum. He lives at the peak, he makes his
                        abode at the peak. Certainly he has a warmth but it is not feverish,
                        it only shows life. He is not hot, he is cool, because he is not
                        carried away by desires. He is so happy, that he no longer seeks any
                        happiness. He is so at ease, he is so at home, he is not going
                        anywhere, he is not running and chasing... he is very cool.
                        > Meditation means awareness. It cuts the very root.
                        Then the whole tree disappears on its own accord. Then passion
                        becomes compassion.
                        > Meditation is something natural, something that is
                        already hidden inside you. Meditation is simply awareness without
                        any effort. But your mind is so full of thoughts, so full of dreams,
                        so much of the past, so much of the future - it is not herenow.
                        Meditation techniques are needed to help you to cut your roots from
                        the past, to cut your dreams from the future, and to keep you in
                        this moment as if this moment exists. Later, there may be no need of
                        any technique. Meditation is your nature, is your very potential.
                        > REMEMBER, MEDITATION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DONE BY
                        THE MIND, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF THE MIND. WHEN THE MIND STOPS,
                        MEDITATION HAPPENS. IT IS NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE MIND,IT IS
                        SOMETHING BEYOND THE MIND.

                        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Mon, 21
                        Jan 2008 12:04:58 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > OSHO SAID : > And I say
[...]
                        temporal and it is non-spatial too. > > > To:
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21 Jan 2008
                        09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                        Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > "In tamil there is a
                        quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if you do correctly you
                        will reach good state, high level ofmetal character. Realizing
                        spiritual entities.The same approached with or without knowingly in
                        a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As per many siddhars they
                        say many people died because of doing themeditaion wrongly."Golden
                        words.regards--- In
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
                        <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
                        <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                        on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                        the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                        about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                        you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and >
                        > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                        > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                        > > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
                        stupid question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything
                        dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several
                        friends that I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? >
                        > > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > >
                        caution. > > > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> >
                        >> >This is from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long
                        time. > The general answer is: it is true if you do meditation
                        improperly > the effect will be their.> In tamil there is a
                        quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you
                        will reach good state, high level of > metal character. Realizing
                        spiritual entities.> The same approached with or without knowingly
                        in a wrong way it will > lead you to become mad.> As per many
                        siddhars they say many people died because of doing the > meditaion
                        wrongly.> This information is only who approach meditation
                        seriously.> People who are doing meditaion name shake no effect will
                        be their.> They can ignore this point itself.> > > > > > > >
                        __________________________________________________________> Tried
                        the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.>
                        http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in>

                        > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in

                      • jogeshwarmahanta
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 21, 2008
                          Claims are not necessarily effects.Effects are experienced.

                          What are the short and long term experiences of effects?

                          I do agree with the proposition that if meditations are not done
                          rightly then dangerous effects may be incurred.

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                            > Nothing to fear from meditation, the only evil I see is human
                            intent. Meditation is a very usefull tool with many health benifits
                            for mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing and continues to be
                            used by most if not all religious traditions to include
                            Christianity. Many non religious folks are also finding benifit from
                            meditation and Doctors have been doing alot of studies on the
                            subject, my problem is I have not done enough of it recently, but
                            I'm just making excuses.
                            > Good luck in your path
                            >
                            > teachertweiss <teachertweiss@...> wrote:
                            > I know to some this may be a stupid question, but I have
                            to ask. Is
                            > there anything dangerous about meditation? I've been cautioned by
                            > several friends that I'm just opening up a window for something
                            evil?
                            > I want to start meditating, but I also want to proceed with
                            caution.
                            > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?
                            >
                            > For members

                            This time ,I am going to expalin more real facts. Before giving some
                            facts and reality, I want to tell you the words from my teacher is
                            that " your own experience is a guide. Each will get different
                            experience mostly never match with others. So in this contest yoga
                            or meditation no need to share views" .

                            Any way sharing view and coming to the question,
                            Ans: meditation has effect the way approached -may be good or bad or
                            no-effect. The thing is effect and realization is depend upon what
                            type of meditation you are doing and for what you are doing.
                            Point1:
                            Some people do daily just to relax
                            some pople do to achieve some superamental power/super natural power.
                            some do for good for the universe.
                            some do for physical health indirectly for mental health also.
                            some will do without expecting anything ---very rare cases.
                            some will do to get some physical materials, wealth, job etc., to
                            achieve.
                            So, proper answer will come only if you explain properly.

                            Point2:
                            In this universe there are variety of meditaiton techniques are
                            available.
                            1. If you use mantra i.e. some particular words used in meditation
                            chanted continuosly.
                            2. Meditation with breath control.
                            3. without mantra, just carrying out Pranayama and staying
                            concentrated view on something. ( mostly concentration on your
                            forehead).
                            4. Using physical mudras i.e. postures, physical movements with
                            defined procedure.
                            5. Using all together.
                            6. sitting idle and just concentration on your breath and
                            controlling the breath.

                            point3:
                            After understanding the above points. I want to give a open example
                            and explanation;

                            The world know a word "ram" a name of God. Truthfully it is a
                            mantra "a Bija" for yogis. The word is defined as purity or fire.
                            The fire is the only medium never get polluted by anything, what
                            ever you put the fire remain as fire, thats why this is defined as
                            purity.
                            This mantra corresponds to our stomach position in our body. So
                            please correlate, what ever you eat may be burnt.
                            So keep on chanting stomach point chakra get activated indigestion
                            may be cured. Good heat generated in your body . Some time ulcer may
                            be the result.
                            For meditation food control most important. That what people say
                            meditation to be done in empty stomach .
                            The reason is with food if you press your body with breath control.
                            The gas from food may reach in your body cause body pain.
                            Bad chemicals from food reach thro blood may cause mental agony.
                            These are all simple examples I have given here.

                            Similary, pople doing to attain some supreme. On the way small
                            dieties may meet you, may cause disturbance "good and bad"( in this
                            I am not ready to reveal more) But a good reader may understand and
                            extrapolate.

                            To meet a principal you need to go to peon -- some student -- some
                            teacher --- office --- office official -- PA to principal the
                            principal. mediation is as similar as the above process. Hope you
                            will understand the hidden meaning.

                            peon - may or may not allow inside. sometime by some fringe benefit
                            will allow
                            on the way student may disturb , may guide or hinder
                            office physical place need to go or to be identifed.
                            teacher may allow or misguide
                            office offical question you for your requirement
                            PA test you
                            You may meet the principal if you are perfect

                            Finally, "To reach higher state you need to passthrough all stages".
                            Many hinderence will come --comeover that --then only you will get.

                            > Meditaion is not a simple one. Simple things are very difficult to
                            understand.

                            > ---------------------------------
                            > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
                            Yahoo! Search.

                          • jogeshwarmahanta
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                              Eligibility qualities according to Patanjali are
                              1.Sraddha/devotion
                              2.Veerya/energy
                              3.Smriti/memory
                              4.Prajna/intuition..... and
                              5.Samadhi.

                              Please check up eligibility.

                            • teachertweiss
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                                more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                                several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                                let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                                started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                                I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                                help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                                > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                                one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                                Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                                it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                                Chennai-41, INDIA

                                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Sun, 20
                                Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                  "My friends that cautioned me have had
                                  several experiences with ghosts in their house"

                                  LOL.

                                  Congratulation for your success in alleviating health problems. But
                                  you have a long path to tread, that is:
                                  From suffering to relief,
                                  From relief to cure(arogya)
                                  From cure to ailment freeness(niroga).
                                  Wish you good luck.

                                  <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                  > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation
                                  the
                                  > more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have
                                  had
                                  > several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                                  > let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                                  > started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare
                                  disease
                                  > I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                                  > help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                                  > > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment
                                  with
                                  > one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                                  > Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope
                                  that
                                  > it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                                  > Chennai-41, INDIA
                                  > >

                                  > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20
                                  > Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
                                  Re:
                                  > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
                                  > >

                                  > > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object,percept
                                  or
                                  > idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all,
                                  therefore,
                                  > be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you
                                  whether
                                  > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                                  > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                                  > continuous review of effects is essential.regards--- In
                                  > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
                                  > <teachertweiss@> wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                  > question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                  > meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                  > opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start
                                  meditating,
                                  > but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                                  > information on this topic?>

                                  > > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                                  > > http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

                                • teachertweiss
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                    Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
                                    only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
                                    read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle, this
                                    has been a life changing book for me.--- In
> [...]
                                    <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing attention
                                    on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
                                    the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
                                    about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
                                    you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and > >
                                    still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So >
                                    > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > > > ---
                                    In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" > >
                                    <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a stupid
                                    question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
                                    about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends that
                                    I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want to
                                    start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > > >
                                    Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is

                                  • teachertweiss@charter.net
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                      Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying alternative medicine to help heal myself and become a better person, I have nothing to lose.
                                      Greatful To Be Alive

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                        "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                        Here is my short cut to NOW.

                                        My commands to self
                                        1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
                                        2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
                                        3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
                                        4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

                                        (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
                                        of Now by Eckert Tolle"

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                          To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                          To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: teachertweiss@...
                                          Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000

                                          --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Balasubramanian
                                          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@. ..> wrote:

                                          > Thank you for your reply, and the more I learn about meditation the
                                          more I believe it can help me. My friends that cautioned me have had
                                          several experiences with ghosts in their house. I think they have
                                          let their imaginations get away from them. I have only recently
                                          started to meditate as a way to relieve back pain from a rare disease
                                          I have similar to M.S. I've been using the breathing technique to
                                          help me get to sleep, it works! Thank you again
                                          > Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation is an appointment with
                                          one self. One should not be afraid of looking into one self.
                                          Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with the hope that
                                          it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. -- B.R.Kumar,
                                          Chennai-41, INDIA

                                          > To: meditationsocietyof america@. ..: jogeshwarmahanta@ ...: Sun, 20
                                          Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                          Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                          > Meditation means focusing attention on something,object, percept or
                                          idea. The nature of the "something" matters. First of all, therefore,
                                          be clear about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you whether
                                          you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
                                          still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
                                          continuous review of effects is essential.regards- -- In
                                          meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "teachertweiss"
                                          <teachertweiss@ > wrote:>> I know to some this may be a stupid
                                          question, but I have to ask. Is > there anything dangerous about
                                          meditation? I've been cautioned by > several friends that I'm just
                                          opening up a window for something evil? > I want to start meditating,
                                          but I also want to proceed with caution. > Can anyone give me some
                                          information on this topic?>

                                          > Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
                                          > http://ss1.richmedi a.in/recurl. asp?pid=221

                                          Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
                                        • jogeshwarmahanta
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                            Respected BRK.
                                            You are now talking about allopathy and not meditation.

                                            Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates it to
                                            provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.

                                            I have not taken any pill for last 8 years.
                                            regards

                                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                            > To get rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of
                                            Rantac-150 and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the
                                            pain has vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will
                                            never come back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the
                                            morning and after dinner in the evening.

                                            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: teachertweiss@...: Wed, 23 Jan
                                            2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:

                                            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> Thank you for your reply,
                                            and the more I learn about meditation the more I believe it can help
                                            me. My friends that cautioned me have had several experiences with
                                            ghosts in their house. I think they have let their imaginations get
                                            away from them. I have only recently started to meditate as a way to
                                            relieve back pain from a rare disease I have similar to M.S. I've
                                            been using the breathing technique to help me get to sleep, it
                                            works! Thank you again> Certainly it is not dangerous ! Meditation
                                            is an appointment with one self. One should not be afraid of looking
                                            into one self. Meditation must be taken up as a sweet endeavour with
                                            the hope that it will bestow all sweetness on the individual. --
                                            B.R.Kumar, Chennai-41, INDIA> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@:
                                            jogeshwarmahanta@: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:21:32 +0000Subject:
                                            [Meditation Society of America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                              In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero conditions !

                                              To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                              Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                                I adore and admire of you BRK ji. Let you be the health model of all
                                                of us.

                                                To arrest acute conditions, medication may be necessary but one must
                                                attain the balance of body chemistry as you have attained.
                                                regards

                                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                                > In our ancient system, mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed !
                                                Medication along with Meditation can cure chronic health problems.
                                                Medication is nothing but consumption of required vitamins and
                                                minerals, which may not be available through one's food alone. There
                                                is no impiety in the consumpton of medicines, whether they are
                                                allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic. They meet the needs of the
                                                body and thus set right any imbalance, and prevent the body tissues
                                                getting diseased. I have not fallen ill for the past fifty years.
                                                Not even I had been attacked by common cold ! I never get headache !
                                                Body temperature remains normal always ! I have traversed in icy
                                                cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt on ! The Indian Army doctors have
                                                checked up my pulse rate and found to be normal even in sub-zero
                                                conditions !

                                                > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                                Jan 2008 06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                                Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                                > Respected BRK.You are now talking about allopathy and not
                                                meditation.Body is the biggest apothecary.Right Meditation renovates
                                                it to provide optimum of all necessary chemicals that we need.I have
                                                not taken any pill for last 8 years.regards--- In
                                                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get rid of the back
                                                pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150 and Pace Plus-
                                                a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has vanished in a
                                                day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come back to you. Pl.
                                                consume the pills after breakfast in the morning and after dinner in
                                                the evening.> > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: teachertweiss@:
                                                Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:30:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of
                                                America] Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > --- In

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jan 22, 2008
                                                  Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                                  (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                    Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and mettle. He is the owner

                                                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                                    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                      He is the owner of the entire cosmos. So also of you and me. Still
                                                      we differ and search the differerences.

                                                      Patanjali says-Janmaushadhimantratapasamadhija siddhaya
                                                      (Perfections are result of birth,medicine,mantra,austirity and
                                                      samadhi).He is kind enough to endow you with all.

                                                      I enjoy.
                                                      regards

                                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                                                      > Thanks a lot for all your kind compliments. The dweller in me
                                                      alone knows the answers, for He keeps this body in fine fettle and
                                                      mettle. He is the owner

                                                      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Wed, 23
                                                      Jan 2008 07:16:20 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?

                                                      > Well BRK ji, Should we conclude then that you have conquered jara
                                                      (ageing)and vyadhi(ailments)?regards--- In
                                                      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                                                      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > In our ancient system,
                                                      mani, mantra and aushadha are prescribed ! Medication along with
                                                      Meditation can cure chronic health problems. Medication is nothing
                                                      but consumption of required vitamins and minerals, which may not be
                                                      available through one's food alone. There is no impiety in the
                                                      consumpton of medicines, whether they are allopathic, ayurvedic or
                                                      homeopathic. They meet the needs of the body and thus set right any
                                                      imbalance, and prevent the body tissues getting diseased. I have not
                                                      fallen ill for the past fifty years. Not even I had been attacked by
                                                      common cold ! I never get headache ! Body temperature remains normal
                                                      always ! I have traversed in icy cold Himalayas with a cotton shirt
                                                      on ! The Indian Army doctors have checked up my pulse rate and found
                                                      to be normal even in sub-zero conditions ! > > > To:
                                                      meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
                                                      06:04:48 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
                                                      Meditation, can it be dangerous?> > > > > Respected BRK.You are now
                                                      8 years.regards--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                                                      Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:>> > To get
                                                      rid of the back pain, you consume one pill twice a day of Rantac-150
                                                      and Pace Plus- a paracetomol. You will tell me that the pain has
                                                      vanished in a day ! Come on ! Cheer up ! The pain will never come
                                                      back to you. Pl. consume the pills after breakfast in the morning
                                                      and after dinner in the evening.> > > To:

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jan 23, 2008
                                                        Thanks a lot and wonderful. If we are able to recognise the in-dweller, we become the whole. The feeling that one is a part, disappears instantly.

                                                        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                                                        From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                                                        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:35:13 +0000