Teaching Stories

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2008
      One of my favorite ways to share meditation and
      consciousness evolving concepts is with the use
      of teaching stories. In the past we have shared
      dozens of Mullah Nasrudin stories and as per a
      few recent requests will do so again very soon,
      but I want to start this out with one that was
      very effective just yesterday for a dear one whose
      mind got a hold of her and was dragging her Self-
      esteem through the mud.
      Enjoy!

      One evening, while sitting by their camp fire,
      a wise old Indian Chief told his grandson about
      a great battle that was going on inside himself,
      and also, inside his little grandson.
      He said, "My son, a battle rages within each of us;
      it is between two wolves. One is Evil: Anger, envy,
      sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt,
      resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride,
      superiority and ego. While the other is Good: Joy,
      peace, love, hope, patience, serenity, humility,
      kindness, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."
      "Which one wins?" asked the grandson.
      The old Indian Chief simply replied, "The one I feed."