RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Best Book on Meditation

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 9, 2008
      Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi's self enquiry method for self realisation is the shortest and the best. -- B.R.Kumar, Chennai -41, INDIA

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:17:00 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Best Book on Meditation

      "feel
      you have 10 lifetimes to learn and earn your way out of here, by all
      means go for Patanjali's Yoga Sutras."

      Yes. The first objective is to prolong your life span first.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jvmarco"
      <jvmarco@... > wrote:

      > In my opinion, the best currently available book on meditation is
      The
      > Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa.
      >
      > It is said that it takes 100 life times for a monk to realize
      > enlightenment, ...for a yogi it takes about 10
      lifetimes,.. .however,

      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > So,I think, now there will be focus on Patanjali's Yoga
      Sutras,the
      > > smallest book of the greatest importance.
      > > regards
      > >

      > > --- In
      > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Oh! I forgot one very important aspect.
      > > >
      > > > In relation to God:
      > > >
      > > > Patanjal-Ishwara pranidhanadva( Or by devotion to God)
      > > >
      > > > Geeta-Sarba dharman parityajya mamekam sharanam braja(Abandon
      all
      > > > and surrender to Me)-Lord Krishna
      > > > regards
      > > >

      > > > --- In
      > > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      Madbhagavat
      > > > Geeta.

      > > > mind/procliviries) .

      > > > success

      > > > medit8ionsociety

      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      > practice
      > > > of

      Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 9, 2008
        From 1 book to 4 now.
        regards

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
        Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

        > Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi's self enquiry method for self
        realisation is the shortest and the best. -- B.R.Kumar, Chennai -41,
        INDIA

        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@...: jogeshwarmahanta@...: Thu, 10
        Jan 2008 06:17:00 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re:
        The Best Book on Meditation

        > "feelyou have 10 lifetimes to learn and earn your way out of here,
        by allmeans go for Patanjali's Yoga Sutras."Yes. The first objective
        is to prolong your life span first.regards--- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco" <jvmarco@>
        wrote:>> In my opinion, the best currently available book on
        meditation is The > Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa.> > It is
        said that it takes 100 life times for a monk to realize >
        enlightenment,...for a yogi it takes about 10 lifetimes,...however,
        > for a sly (wo)man, enlightenment can be realized in a single >
        lifetime. That meditation is called the Short Path or Vajrayana.> >
        If you really cannot acknowledge the impermanence of duality and
        feel > you have 10 lifetimes to learn and earn your way out of here,
        by all > means go for Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. If, on the other
        hand, you > realize that you don't have all the time in the world,
        and truly > appreciate how lucky you are to even have time for
        meditation, try > the Short Path. > > V> :)> > > --- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
        <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > So,I think, now there will be focus
        on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras,the > > smallest book of the greatest
        importance.> > regards> > > > > > --- In > >
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > >
        <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> > >> > > Oh! I forgot one very important
        aspect.> > > > > > In relation to God:> > > > > > Patanjal-Ishwara
        pranidhanadva(Or by devotion to God)> > > > > > Geeta-Sarba dharman
        parityajya mamekam sharanam braja(Abandon all > > > and surrender to
        Me)-Lord Krishna> > > regards> > > > > > > > > > > > --- In > > >
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > > >
        <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Sorry for the spelling
        mistake.I intended to write Madbhagavat > > > Geeta.> > > > > > > >
        No. > > > > The definitions of Yoga:> > > > > > > > Patnjali-
        Yogaschittavritti norodhah(Regulation of > > > mind/procliviries).>
        (Accepting > > > success > > > > and failure as the same)> > > > > >
        > > Objectives-Moksha.> > > > > > > > Patanjali-Attaining the purest
        conscience/Transcending time and > > > > space.> > > > > > > > Geeta-
        Merger with Him/God/Almighty/The Braman.> > > > > > > > Approach:> >
        manner.> > > > > > > > regards> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
        > > > medit8ionsociety > > > > <no_reply@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > -
        -- In > > > >
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"> > >
        > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > No further
        views?> > > > > > regards> > > > > > > > > > > Yo Sri
        Jogeshwarmahanta,> > > > > I didn't realize that you were referring
        to > > > > > the Bhagavad Gita, but now I am assuming you > > > > >
        were, and that it was your unique spelling> > > > > (Magbhagvat
        Geeta) that made me feel unable> > > > > to reply. I don't see in
        any way that the> > > > > 2 books as being "diametrically opposite.>
        perfectly. The Gita shares how one can best> > > > > prepare to
        medtate and live a pure life that> > > > > eliminates the
        distractions that hold one back> > > > > from experiencing the
        bounty of treasures that> > > > > meditation brings. And the Sutras
        are the> > > > > perfect "how-to" book on meditation. Together> > >
        > > they comprise the totality of all one> > > > > needs to learn,
        and then do, to best unfold> > > > > the flower of peace, wisdom and
        bliss that is> > > > > within and is the birthright of all of
        humanity.> > > > > Peace and Blessings,> > > > > Bob> > > > > > ---
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" > > >
        > > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Has any
        body gone through comparative reading and > practice > > > of > > >
        > > objectives > > > > > > > of the two texts are diametrically
        opposite.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > From the practice point of
        view, I think, Yoga Sutras is > a > > > > better > > > > > > >