Re: Enhance Healing Through Guided Imagery

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      Yes. Intangible to tangible is guided imagery.
      regards

      --- In
      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

      > Yes.
      >
      > 2. Why not every one here learns it here and now?
      >
      > 3.Just describe Nandan Kanan,the most beutiful paradise of Indra
      as
      > beautifully as possible and enjoy it here and now and enrich
      > endorphins.
      > regards

      medit8ionsociety
> [...]
      > > feelings pass and go on to more... shall we say
      > > "serene" ones.
      > > > Article from medicalnewstoday site 1/4/08:
      > > >
      > > > Enhance Healing Through Guided Imagery
      > > > Main Category: Neurology / Neuroscience News
      > > > Article Date: 04 Jan 2008 - 0:00 PST
      > > >
      > > > Aristotle and Hippocrates believed in the power
      > > > of images in the brain to enliven the heart and
      > > > body. Today, research shows they were right. Guided
      > > > imagery is helping patients use the full range of
      > > > the body's healing capacity, according to the
      > > > January issue of Mayo Clinic Health Letter.
      > > >
      > > > Guided imagery is more than listening to relaxing
      > > > sounds. It's a learning process to listen to
      > > > someone's voice, relax the breathing and consciously
      > > > direct the ability to imagine. The effect of guided
      > > > vivid imagery sends a message to the emotional
      > > > control center of the brain. From there, the message
      > > > is passed along to the body's endocrine, immune and
      > > > autonomic nervous systems. These systems influence a
      > > > wide range of bodily functions, including heart and
      > > > breathing rates and blood pressure.
      > > >
      > > > Guided imagery has been shown to benefit patients by:
      > > >
      > > > -- Reducing side effects from cancer treatment
      > > >
      > > > -- Reducing fear and anxiety prior to surgery. Studies
      > > > have shown that surgery patients who participated in
      > > > two to four guided imagery sessions required less pain
      > > > medication and left the hospital more quickly than those
      > > > who hadn't used imagery.
      > > >
      > > > -- Managing stress
      > > >
      > > > -- Managing headaches. Studies have shown that guided
      > > > imagery may aid in reducing the frequency of migraine
      > > > headaches as effectively as taking preventive
      > > > medications.
      > > >
      > > > On the Internet, http://www.healthjourneys.com offers
      > > > information on guided imagery. A physician may be able
      > > > to recommend providers experienced in this technique.
      > > >
      > > > Mayo Clinic
      > > > 200 First St. SW
      > > > Rochester, MN 55902
      > > > United States
      > > > http://www.mayoclinic.com
      > > >
      > > > FAIR USE NOTICE
      > > > This site contains copyrighted material the
      > > > use of which has not always been specifically
      > > > authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      > > > making such material available in our efforts
      > > > to advance understanding of environmental,
      > > > political, human rights, economic, democracy,
      > > > scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      > > > etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      > > > of any such copyrighted material as provided
      > > > for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      > > > In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
      > > > the material on this site is distributed
      > > > without profit to those who have expressed a
      > > > prior interest in receiving the included information
      > > > for research and educational purposes. For more
      > > > information go to:
      > > > http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      > > > If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
      > > > site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
      > > > you must obtain permission from the copyright owner

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2008
        Why none is interested in guided imagery? I think, guided imagery is
        MEDITATION EXPLOSION. May be that it will lead to a stage in human
        civilization when the hospitals will by closed.
        Please accelerate the process.
        regards

        --- In